“Beautiful Park City”

Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Sunrise Lodge at The Canyons was wonderful. Excellent staff, ski in/ski out location. Resort is close to hiking, Olympic Park and downtown Park City. Room (a Studio) was large with a balcony and small kitchenette. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel is very beautiful and conveniently located within walking distance of the ski lift. It is perfect for a fun family excursion or a quiet romantic get-a-way. Aside from the fun activities at the hotel, it is also located just around the corner from downtown Park City, which had great shopping and restuarants.

1  Thank James V H
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was hands-down the worst property I've ever seen. I have never done any time-share visit before, and I would NEVER do a Hilton one again. I have both a Hilton CC and a Starwood CC. Now I know why I've been loyal to Starwood for so many years. Valet-only is so cheap. I would never buy into a property that required me to pay $$$/night to park my car, and forcefully tip. The construction at this property was very poor. We heard kids running up and down the hallways all night, and heard every conversation of the couple upstairs. It woke us up in the night more than once. I have actually consulted my lawyer to see if you can market a "kitchenette" as only a mini-fridge and a college-sized microwave. There is actually supposed to be a FULL kitchen and (imagine this) a place to sit down and eat food. We're still working out the legalities of that false claim. After a long day on the slopes, I tried to go downstairs to soak in the spa. In disgust, I turned away from both the pool and the spa, which were both crawling with children. This hotel was the equivalent of a $300 Disney Cruise. If the hotel cared enough to check their phone records, they might see that I actually called the front desk on Sunday 4/5/14 to find out if there was a quiet place for paying adults to relax. Front desk just said "no, the children are allowed everywhere." I will definitely tell everyone I know to stay away from Hilton, unless they're looking for a Disney vacation to keep their ill-mannered children. The girl at the front desk was always either checking her iPhone or eating take-out McDonalds. I have NEVER seen a front desk clerk taking her lunch break at her station. Once again, extremely unprofessional. I expected much, much more. I really wanted to buy a vacation package. I was SO disappointed with Hilton, that I will most likely cancel my HHonors Visa and go back to Starwood.

1  Thank Karen K
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I’m sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. Please know that we make every effort to be as clear about the details of our resort as possible in all of our advertising. If you feel there is a discrepancy we have missed, please let us know where so we can correct it immediately. Additionally, I apologize that you saw someone eating at the front desk, I agree that it is unacceptable and will be addressed. I would be happy to discuss in more detail if you would like. Please feel free to contact me at the resort any time.

J. Rafe Sykes
Rocky Mountain Region

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a wonderful resort, surrounded by ski lifts and restaurants. The restaurants range in price and type from fast food to high-end cuisine. There are many places to shop within walking distance, and many more along old Main Street in Park City. The local area has many museums covering everything from the area’s mining past to its present role as host to the Sundance Film Festival and skiing. The one that we visited was reasonably priced, and had many souvenirs available in the gift shop. We had lunch at a brew pub on Main Street, and except for lots of television screens, we enjoyed it very much. If you like sports, this is the place for you as there were hockey, baseball, and golf on different screens, as well as a racing program. You are surrounded by majestic peaks, many still covered in snow on this first week of April. Everywhere around you the scenery is breathtaking. We saw some videos about Park City during the Sundance Film Festival times, and I for one will not go. It reminds me of Times Square on New Year’s Eve, or Bourbon Street at Mardi Gras… too many people. It appears from the videos that many people are not bothered by crowds.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed at the Sunrise Lodge as part of a promo for loyal Hilton Honors members. Upon arrival, we were impressed with the look and upkeep (it's brand new) of the property. The desk staff was friendly and the lobby with fireplace was cozy and inviting.

We had a first floor room and I would STRONGLY advise against that. It sounded like elephants were rooming above us and when people walked by our room talking, I thought they were IN our room more than one time. It's surprising what poor quality sound insulation they have for such a brand new property.

The furnishings and kitchen were really nice. I felt like I was at home with the layout and convenience of 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms for our family. Everything you need is available in the kitchen (refrigerator, oven, microwave, utensils, bowls, plates, etc).

What this property needs is a restaurant. I haven't stayed at too many places that don't have some type of restaurant or café. While walking to one of the other hotels or restaurants at the ski resort isn't too inconvenient, onsite would be preferable.

There is a ski lift right at the hotel which is very convenient and the ski school/day care for the Canyons is a short walk across a parking lot. Hilton has a dedicated ski valet at one of the entrances of the property.

I liked the location and the décor, my only complaint was the insulation and no restaurant. Also, we traveled with a 3 year old and we'd been sold that there was plenty to do for all ages, which was a bit of an exaggeration. This property doesn't rent sleds or other kiddie type things like The Canyons does.

I'd stay here again, it's perfect for a family, but I'd get a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The room was very nice and had great furnishings. Our studio room seemed a little small, especially when we saw how spacious the 2 and 3 bedroom suites were. Wow! It was comfortable and in a convenient spot at the resort. We could hear lots of noise from the room next door, which was not fantastic.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Crazy did not plan to become timeshare owners, but were very impressed with the Sunrise Lodge. Furnishings are above par. We are loyal Marriott customers and have looked into the vacation club there but were never overly impressed with the furnishing and the resort in General. The lodge does need a café or small restaurant. But that may come next year. Hyatt next door has a great restaurant. 5the Waldorf in the resort has a wonderful spa. Several restaurants in the adjacent Canyons. Skiing was fabulous,