“over night get away” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Lindon, Utah
“over night get away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

First room didn't have a balcony. The lay out felt small and claustrophobic. It was the top floor with vaulted ceiling. Which I paid more for not worth it. I recommend a room with a balcony. It doesn't feel quite as small. The beds were just okay. The room was clean with a nice size bathroom. It also had a small kitchenette which was nice.

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thanks for your review and feedback. We appreciate your taking the time and will use the information to help us improve.

J. Rafe Sykes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Winchester, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Hilton Grand Vacations Sunrise at Escala, Park City, UT in early September. The amenities of the resort were of the best quality. including stainless steel appliances and comfortable furniture. Park City is known primarily as a skiing destination, but it should not be overlooked as a summer vacation destination. The mountains are beautiful for leisurely walks and hikes. A gondola ride up the mountain also brings bikers an opportunity for mountain biking. The city has Sunday "Silly" Markets and an abundance of art galleries and restaurants to visit. Several scenic drives can be taken in the area. We drove through Guardsman Pass just outside of Park City. Bring a camera to capture beautiful views of evergreens and aspens. The resort does not have a restaurant, but visitors are only minutes' walking distance from restaurants. Other restaurants are available in Old Town Park City. Markets and shopping centers are close by and in-unit kitchens are well supplied for cooking meals. The resort is conveniently located for a visit to Salt Lake City--about a half hours' drive. The Latter Day Saints' Temple is of historical importance to the area, so Temple Square is worth a visit. Walking through Red Butte Garden at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Utah is home to several national parks. A day trip to Arches National Park in Moab in the state's desert area will surprise you with its incredible, colorful rock formations (including the famous arch on Utah license plates). Be sure to get out of your car and walk the paths to see some beautiful vistas. Camping is available in the park with prior reservations. Wyoming and Idaho are also nearby if you are inclined to do more exploration of our country's mountain states. Other points of interest for Olympic fans are the venues for the 2002 Winter Olympics in the Park City area and other sites. There are opportunities to view future Olympians practice at these sites. Park City is a wonderful place for a family vacation. Summer activities are just as much fun as winter sports with fewer crowds. The highways are easily traversed and a variety of activities are available. Keep this destination in mind when you are planning your next vacation.

Thank Ronald G. G
Park City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

One of the best vacations in my life thanks to the wonderful staff and accommodations of the Hilton Sunrise Vacation Resort. I decided to vacation solo and planned lots of outdoor activities, many of which were cancelled last minute due to rain. The entire staff worked to find me new activities while making me feel at home in the resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Thrall, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Really enjoyed our September trip to Park City. The Sunrise Lodge was a nice place to stay with very friendly staff. We hiked and visited Salt Lake City as well as drove around to view the beautiful sites from the mountain tops! Loved UTAH!

Thank Samuel D. D
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I will start with the fact that we never made it to the resort - so cant comment non whether it was as advertised. All I can say is Hilton should reconsider associating their brand with the scammers of HGV. They offered us 2 nights at this resort in a 1BR (very nice) room next March, for $334, a great deal, in exchange for a 90 min tour. But then the lies began, they didnt mention the additional $99 charge at ski season, they told us we could do the tour at breakfast and still have time to ski. Once booked we found out breakfast meant 9am (which leaves little time for skiing). You cant take the tour on the day you check in or out - which they also failed to mention. Lastly, when I complained they set me up for a 530pm tour then once I was off the phone, they sent me a confirmation for a 1pm tour (which would mean we never got the ski the entire time we were in Utah). When I called to question this I left voicemails for the sales rep which went unanswered. When I got a hold of a quality assurance manager he told me they dont do evening tours so he doesnt know why the rep told me that - perhaps because they are simply trying to sell packages with no regard for customer service. When I asked how long the tours actually go he said it all depends could go 2-3 hrs, depending how many questions are asked. The good news is my complaints got them to refund my money (will see if they actually do or if I will have to lodge a complaint with Hilton as well. So i won't be staying at this resport, and sadly I now have a very bad impression of Hilton, which I am a long standing customer of. I will be happy to find a better hotel and simply pay full price rather than deal with these unscrupulous people.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Kathleen M
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. If you would like to email me more details directly at rsykes@hgvc.com I can make sure this is handled by the appropriate party.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

the package that we were given did not include $15/day valet parking charges; the first room that we were given already had someone in it; we were there to look at time shares and knew we would be in a small room - but did not know that it was attached to a larger suite below us - which was very noisy and the staff that we spoke with that evening said that policy did not allow them to say anything before 10pm - and, besides, we were on the 4th floor and there was nothing the staff could do about it. It was disappointing to be at such a beautiful site..the morning management staff was much more helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are sorry that your stay at the lodge was hampered by poor communication on our part and will use your feedback as a basis for improvement. Again, thank you for the review.

Glenwood Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed one night this September during off-season. I was suprises there are no free upgrades for Hilton Diamond members, you want an upgrade get out your wallet. I was only a $30 upgrade charge but you would think they would comp me. I must admit the one bedroom with kitchen and full size living and dinning room were well worth the $30.00 "and thats off-season cost".
I'm not a big fan of the Time share pitch and you will get it here. The hotel has no restaurant but, there are many within a few minute walk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family