“Beware of Hilton Grand Vacation Scam!”

Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I will start with the fact that we never made it to the resort - so cant comment non whether it was as advertised. All I can say is Hilton should reconsider associating their brand with the scammers of HGV. They offered us 2 nights at this resort in a 1BR (very nice) room next March, for $334, a great deal, in exchange for a 90 min tour. But then the lies began, they didnt mention the additional $99 charge at ski season, they told us we could do the tour at breakfast and still have time to ski. Once booked we found out breakfast meant 9am (which leaves little time for skiing). You cant take the tour on the day you check in or out - which they also failed to mention. Lastly, when I complained they set me up for a 530pm tour then once I was off the phone, they sent me a confirmation for a 1pm tour (which would mean we never got the ski the entire time we were in Utah). When I called to question this I left voicemails for the sales rep which went unanswered. When I got a hold of a quality assurance manager he told me they dont do evening tours so he doesnt know why the rep told me that - perhaps because they are simply trying to sell packages with no regard for customer service. When I asked how long the tours actually go he said it all depends could go 2-3 hrs, depending how many questions are asked. The good news is my complaints got them to refund my money (will see if they actually do or if I will have to lodge a complaint with Hilton as well. So i won't be staying at this resport, and sadly I now have a very bad impression of Hilton, which I am a long standing customer of. I will be happy to find a better hotel and simply pay full price rather than deal with these unscrupulous people.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kathleen M
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thanks for your feedback and I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. If you would like to email me more details directly at rsykes@hgvc.com I can make sure this is handled by the appropriate party.

J. Rafe Sykes

Reviewed September 16, 2013

the package that we were given did not include $15/day valet parking charges; the first room that we were given already had someone in it; we were there to look at time shares and knew we would be in a small room - but did not know that it was attached to a larger suite below us - which was very noisy and the staff that we spoke with that evening said that policy did not allow them to say anything before 10pm - and, besides, we were on the 4th floor and there was nothing the staff could do about it. It was disappointing to be at such a beautiful site..the morning management staff was much more helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that your stay at the lodge was hampered by poor communication on our part and will use your feedback as a basis for improvement. Again, thank you for the review.

J. Rafe Sykes

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed one night this September during off-season. I was suprises there are no free upgrades for Hilton Diamond members, you want an upgrade get out your wallet. I was only a $30 upgrade charge but you would think they would comp me. I must admit the one bedroom with kitchen and full size living and dinning room were well worth the $30.00 "and thats off-season cost".
I'm not a big fan of the Time share pitch and you will get it here. The hotel has no restaurant but, there are many within a few minute walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Overall a good value. Lack of a restaurant or eating facility was an inconvenience especially for breakfast. Nearby Hyatt has a restaurant and a short walk away and there are a couple of choices within walking distance. Suite itself was very roomy, clean, and relatively quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful, including, front desk, concierge, valets. One glaring issue that needs to be corrected. The TV in the living area is perched on top of the Fireplace Mantle. Mantle itself is almost 6 ft off the floor so the viewing area of the TV even higher. This might be okay if you're a Giraffe, but for normal humans it is painful to actually watch the TV with one's head tilted at a ridiculous angle.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Two BR, two bath, granite & stainless steel kitchen, laundry, living area and is especially spacious. Most beautiful. Even more than we have come to expect from HGVC properties. Great views. How could there not be great views in Park City. Valet parking is disappointing but that is a little thing. Restful atmosphere to enjoy the fresh mountain air. Pool & spa are lovely and private. The shuttle service to other areas is great. Plan to come back to stay for a few weeks. Tomorrow golf........

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms were very nice and big. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. The nicely heated pool was a big hit. Views were great, people were very helpful, great location to the ski resort.

Cons:
Didn't especially enjoy the mandatory valet parking each day of your stay paying $15/day plus tips each time you picked up your car. Averages about $30/day for parking. Feel that should be an option for those that enjoy that kind of pampering, but personally I'd rather save $30/day and park it myself.
The layout of the condo's is quite odd as you have to walk through the front lobby building then outside again past the pool to find the other condo buildings. Think during summer months would be fine, but worry about a full day of snowboarding and having to walk all over just to get to my room.

Overall...."Ok" for the price

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed in a standard room and it was quite nice. (We are not HGVC members; we simply booked the room on the Hilton website.). Nice pool and good workout facility. Staff was most friendly. The proximity to the Canyons area is excellent. We were staying at the end of August -- hardly the peak season -- and I can only imagine how great this place must be during skiing season. The only negative is that the air conditioner is quite loud and would constantly shut on and off throughout the night. Hardly a deal breaker, but it was annoying. Still, I would definitely recommend this place. And if you can get a 1- or 2-bedroom suite, go for it. I saw them and thy are very nice.

Room Tip: At least in the summer, there is ample free parking across the street from the hotel in big lot. Do...