“Best ride EVER”

Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley
Ranked #22 of 97 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley offers the best mountain adventure around! Our trails offer stunning views exclusive to Deer Valley. Great horses for all riding levels makes for a memorable experience you won't soon forget!
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been on countless rides and have never seen scenery like this. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the location and horses and made sure everyone was having a good time. the horses are all really well trained and never seemed too much to handled. this is something i would make the trip from colorado to do again and probably will. If you are looking for a really fun way to check out the beautiful scenery of park city, love good horses, and enjoy the company of good people this is literally the best way imaginable to get it done.

4  Thank TommU4836BG
"trotting"
in 2 reviews
"rider"

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Greatest place I've ever ridden. I've been to Tahoe,Colorado, Arizona and nothing compared to Deer Valley Stables. These guys know how it's done. Fat, happy, great tempered horses for EVERY level of rider, from first timers to the most seasoned riders, we had all different riders and they matched the horses perfectly. On top of that they have very friendly and knowledgeable staff. From the sign in and fitting you to the right horse to the amazing guides who showed us the way.
Don't get me started on the scenery. There are beautiful aspen groves. Awesome mountain views and unbelievable views of the Jordenell. It was really cool to see the runs I ski in the winter during the summer on such a wonderful animal. I will definitely ride there again. Think we have a new family tradition! Thanks Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley!!

3  Thank Dennis W
Reviewed May 28, 2014

While our trail guides were SUPERB, the trail was very boring! We went up a hill of sagebrush and came down the same trail of sagebrush. The weather (snow) prohibited us from riding a more scenic route, so I would recommend you skip it if that is an issue. The 2 guides were helpful and friendly and informative, but the ride was literally to the top of a hill and back down (though it does take an hour). The only complaint I have about the guides is that they take hurried, and therefore, lousy photos of the group! It would have been worth it to have the guide dismount and take a great photo of all of us, as it will probably be a while before we do it again.

1  Thank katdod50
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We took our family on a two hour ride, and the horses were very good....well cared for and easy going, making them nice if you have inexperienced riders. The proximity to Deer Valley is great! That said, so many of the spots we rode were ski trails, not the cozy ride in the woods with breathtaking vistas that I hoped for.

2  Thank IowaTraveler50021
See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We took a 2 hour trail ride the last weekend in September 2013. Brandon was our trail guide. The horses were well cared for and very personable. Brandon did a great job. Made sure were were safe and comfortable. He had so much interesting knowledge of the area. I can tell he loves his job and his job loves him! He made sure to find a great spot to take the picture of my husband, daughter and myself, favorite vacation pic for sure. This was not the easiest trail ride, to be honest. But the three of us had experience. Folks on the ride before us and folks with us all said it was their first trail ride, and they LOVED it. Just remember as my husband said. These horses know the drill and so did Brandon! DO it! You only live once!!

2  Thank dottie t