“dream holiday ruined by general manager”

Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This was meant to be a dream holiday after a traumatic year which had seen my 43 year old husband undergo open heart surgery. We researched the hotel on tripadvisor and were foolishly taken in by the glowing reports. It was only when we returned we realised we should have taken more note of the bad reports relating to bills, monies taken off credit cards and comments relating to the general manager that I realised it was a huge mistake to stay there.
The long and short is that we were accused and charged for damage to the hotel room which I swear to God we did not do. As we had arived home and were notified by email there was little we could do excpet protest our innocence to no avail. Email explanations from the general manager were inconsistent and contradictory.
I wish we had taken note or the poor reviews and advise you to do the same.
This ruined our holiday and caused great distress, so much so that it has put me off returning to the USA for future holidays.
Regarding the hotel, the rooms in the cottages were overstuffed with furniture and unecessary items. The beds were adorned with too many pillows and cushions and because there was only a small space around the bed there was nowhere to put them.
Breakfast was plentiful and fine. the restaurant in the evening was overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank perfectskier
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay this past winter.

It is unfortunante that we did not meet your expecations in resolving this issue of "damaged hard goods" of the guestroom discovered on your departure day. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, I welcome the opportunity to personally speak with you. You may contact me at info@hotelparkcity.com.

Until that time, I extend our warmest regards.
Guy Morris, V.P. & General Manager, Hotel Park City.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection

Reviewed July 24, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. It just keeps getting better. The rooms are deluxe and luxurious. Definitely a scenic and romantic location. For a mountain get away, it is prime.

I can't say enough about the hotel, the rooms, the service and the stay. We have stayed in both the studio suites and the cottage suites and they are both extremely nice. I love the decor and the cozy, yet spacious feel to them. Flat screen LG TVs were popular with the hubby. Our cottage suite was set between two large ponds...with ducks and a sun-bathing woodchuck.

The restaurant was fabulous...Ruth's Chris Steak House offered delicious cuisine.

We took advantage of their "everything included" fitness center--they have all the cardio machines, circuit machine and free weights...it is a great place to burn off all the delicious food you enjoy during your vacation!

Though a bit pricey for the average person, it is definitely a treat and well worth it. A great place for your next romantic or family get away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

My stay at HPC was wonderful. The room, pool, outdoor balcony were excellent; the spa & workout room were exceptional. The lead concierge, Mike Hess, & his staff along with the spa staff could not have been more accommodating. They were friendly & helpful, never once giving any of us the feeling that we were exxpecting too much. I recommend this hotel without reservation. Thank you, Mike & staff!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had a great time staying at the Hotel Park City. We were there with a large group and were treated very well. Mike, the lead concierge was fabulous, remembering many of us in our group by name. He helped us with transportation, directions, reservations and even escorted us to our room and showed us how to turn on the shower! He was really great and use him! It's a beautiful hotel with great amenities---complimentary access to fitness center (including yoga!) and spa, coffee/tea/water available at all hours in the lobby. Beautiful setting and pool. Would definitely stay there again if the opportunity arose.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sjtgibbons
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Stayed for the 4th of July weekend, had a wonderful time in Park City, and hotel was fantastic. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I was looking for a weekend getaway for my wife and I. I booked through the Hotel Park City website because of a great deal it was listing. The second night was listed at only $29.00. I booked it, entered my CC # and received an e-mail confirmation number from them... 2 hours later the manager called me and let me know that he could not honor the rate and that it was a glitch in their system. I would either have to pay more or cancel. I canceled, not because of the money but because I was very upset at how matter of fact the manager was with me. It was their mistake and he treated me like I did something wrong. Real “5 Star properties” would never treat their guests this way. We have stayed at the Hotel Park City numerous times, but nice hotels in Park City are a dime a dozen. I would recommend the Sky lodge or another fine location… The Hotel Park City staff and management think they are a little better than they are.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Rbent
Reviewed June 6, 2010

The rooms are nice, the views spectacular, and the staff was consistently helpful and professional, especially the folks at the front desk. Having Ruth's Chris onsite was very convenient; room service wasn't great. It's best to have a car if you stay here both to get into town as well as to the outlets and other sites.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business