New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection

Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Hotel But Some Issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in a Cottage Suite with a private balcony and a hot tub on the deck. The room was very nice and the setting was beautiful. However, there were some issues that we feel could be easily rectified that would make this more of a luxury hotel. First of all, the cottage was described as having a full kitchen yet there were only two pots in the kitchen and no pans. We wanted to make breakfast and it was nearly impossible to make eggs in a pot! It definitely is not a full kitchen. Also, our duvet had a huge hole in the cover and I believe that in a luxury hotel that is not acceptable. The safe was located on the floor of the closet with the door opening on its side. You literally had to crawl on all fours to get to your safe in a dark closet with clothes banging you in the head. In regards to golfing, although I know it is a public course, we were paired with a six year old child and his grandfather. They were very nice, but at the very least, we should have been asked if we mind playing with a child. It really was not what we expected when we booked our tee time. The maids also start knocking on your door to clean the rooms at 8:30am. Our first morning of sleeping in on our vacation did not happen. The next day we remembered to put out the do not disturb sign so that we would not be woken up at 8:30am.. We were also sent a survey about the hotel, which we answered, yet after all out comments we never heard back from management. Again, this is a bit unusual for a upper end hotel. It is a beautiful hotel, but there are so many beautiful hotels in the area that I think we would try something different next time. We travel each year to Utah in the summer and so far our favorites are the Sundance Resort or the Grand American in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank youwannaknow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Firstly, the property is beautiful! And the cottages have every amenity one could want! The bath products are especially nice. What really made this a great trip though, was the staff. Mike, the concierge, really tended to our every need! He has a tremendous understanding of what customer service is all about. If I had my own business, I'd definitely want him on my team. Also, Cat, at the front desk, was so lovely and courteous. The golf looked amazing too. Unfortunately, we didn't get to play this trip. We'll definitely come back & play next time. I highly recommend this place. And don't hesitate to get Mike to set up your meals, entertainment, etc. His picks are spot on!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peachtree City, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here because I had a meeting at the property. I was amazed at how welcoming and helpful the staff was. From the minute I walked in, there were people falling all over themselves to help me. I got there early, but they pointed out places nearby to hike and let me change into hiking clothes in a lobby restroom. This must happen often because the restroom seemed well designed for changing -- lots of space, nice bench, clean. The hikes around the hotel were awesome. Also, many were paved making for excellent jogging.

I was in a cottage, not the main building. Very, very nice. Hot tub on the balcony overlooking a mountain. Great bed and bathroom. Washer and dryer.

I had to plan some activities for my group, and the front desk staff took over and planned a wonderful afternoon of ATV riding in the back country. I would highly recommend that.

In short, I had absolutely no complaints. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I tout our rate was an incredible bargain for the level of luxury and service we experienced.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PTCDad
boca raton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel Park City provided us a perfect stay in a luxury property conveniently located to downtown
and to an excellent public golf course! The staff was wonderful and helpful with special kudos to
Mike, Von, Raol and the rest of the concierge personal. The pool area was lovely, well kept,
reasonably priced for food service and extremely accessible from our ground level luxury suite.
Nothing was far and summer prices in and around the area are extremely attractive. (Check out
the summer dining specials at the best restaurants.) The one and only complaint that could be
made was with the somewhat dim lighting in the suite, a small disadvantage to a wonderful property.

Room Tip: If you want easy access to the pool and spa, stay first level in that area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and for mentioning in your review the staff that assisted your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,
Guy Morris
VP & General Manager
Jackson,Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of nice five star hotels and I have never received the level of customer service that my family received from the Hotel Park City staff during our stay. All of the staff where down to earth and went beyond to make sure our stay was great. The facility is very nice, typical mountain home finishing, great pool, great views from rooms, Ruth Chris Steak House in the hotel. We Stayed in both the Cottages and the Pent House and they were both impressive. We will be back. Thanks to Mike one of our concierge. Great Job. McGee Family

Room Tip: I have stayed in there suits, cottages and Pent House. They are all great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Perry, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

People always ask why I get away to Park City... Its for this hotel!! It is absolutely beautiful with incredible view and amenities. The staff always go out of thier way to make our stay a great one. We love the cottage suite, especially the comfy bed, and private hot tub. When I need to leave the stress of my daily life behind, and go somewhere to destress and rejeuvenate, I come here!

Room Tip: The cottage suites behind the main hotel are amazing!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Woodside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I loved this resort. Our family of four stayed in a one bedroom deluxe cottage this past July. The suite was incredible with high quality details and top notch amenities. The bathroom had a large deep spa tub and separate lovely tiled shower. One point of aggravation was the 3 way shower head was very difficult to adjust. After a maintenance man set it correctly, the housekeeping messed it up again. My only other complaint is that it's a long walk to the main resort and parking area because of the golf course in the middle. Overall I whole heartedly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2012