“Luxury and Quality!”

Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Heber City, Utah
“Luxury and Quality!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a fantastic property with a lot of nice luxury touches. First, you are greeted in the lobby by Paul who is charming and professional. Offering to call elevators and direct us to our conference facilities. He was a constant fixture of ours stay, able to direct us to restroom, vending machines etc.

Then, at the front desk, Shawna was helpful, friendly and professional. She was able to secure us a spectacular room that wasn't quite ready as we arrived before check in time! Alex also helped us with our room keys and directions to our room.

The room, was filled with luxury touches. We were there for a conference so It was me and a colleagues in a room with 2 Queens. We were a little giddy, when we saw the jetted tub (which I thoroughly enjoyed) The room had a gas fireplace, HD TV with a DVD player, huge bathroom with his and hers sinks, a heated towel rack, a small fridge,microwave and even a toaster.

There were robes in the room which we were told we could wear to the Hot Tub and Pool. It is a bit of a walk to the pool area, and we went just to test the waters with our toes but were impressed on how warm the pool was! The hot tub was also tempting and large. The outdoor natural gas fire pit, was something I want to put in my house, and the fountain is just a fun touch.

The food for our 2 day conference was unimpressive. Breakfasts were muffins, yogurt, juice and fruit. Lunches were soups (which was luke warm when I ate it), cold sandwiches and salads. The dinner banquet which we paid (a lot) extra for was just okay. The chicken Parmesan was on the cold side. I know it is because our conference was on a tight budget but I still expected it little a more of a fine dining experience considering the property we were at!

The only complaint we had was our door lock! It took the strength of two grown women to open after we inserted the key. There is something wrong with the locking system, when we push the handle down we had to really REALLY push the door. It was comical so we laughed it off. It was so minor we just dealt with it!

Can't wait to come back next year to our conference which is scheduled here and hopefully we can stay overnight again!!

Over all the experience was luxury and quality!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We recently got married at Deer valley at the Silver lake Lodge. We needed a place to stay after the wedding and we needed a nearby hotel for our out of town guests. I contacted the General Manager of the Chateaux and that same day, he had the Reservations Manager call me and set something up. They gave us a really good deal on our room for the night and set up a block of rooms for our guests that were at a very good price as well. We wanted to give our guests an option of a nice nearby hotel such as the Chateaux or a budget hotel down in town. Everybody took the Chateaux option because the rate was only a few more $ than the budget hotel.

The bridal party had a suite and the service from housekeeping to maintenance was perfect. No issue went unaddressed and everybody was so friendly on the phone. As far as the Bride/Groom, they upgraded us to the nicest room in the property!! Wow... that really made the night. They gave us a late check out and helped us get reservations at the famous Stein Erickson Sunday brunch! I also wanted to recognize Dax and Jacki from the front desk who were very knowledgeable and who both went out of their way to give us 5 star service. I have been to the Chateaux before and I will continue to come stay here and refer it to all of my family, friends and business associates!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I just spent two wonderful nights in the Chateaux Deer Valley, Park City, Utah, celebrating our 40th anniversary. When we arrived, we had a very pleasant and warm greeting by Jacqui and Alex, and other staff members. I must admit I was a little nervous when I booked our stay at the Chateaux, but I cannot say enough good about the staff. They made us feel at home from the minute we walked through the door, and until our departure. They were amazing and extremely helpful, and didn’t seem to mind our endless questions. We were given a beautiful one bedroom corner suite with a wall of windows in the dining area. Our suite had some rustic furnishings which added to the charm of the suite. The fireplaces in both the living room and bedroom added to the warm atmosphere. The master bath was roomy and featured a jetted tub with shower, wonderful oversized towels, lighted magnifying makeup mirror, and toiletries. There was also a second smaller bath with a shower that we used since it would have been difficult to get in and out of the jetted tub to take a shower. There was also a fully stocked kitchen with a microwave and coffee maker. The living room and bedroom each had large flat screen TV's with lots of channels. The Chateaux is in a perfect location just above Park City, Utah. The property was immaculate and very well maintained, and the amenities were outstanding.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was very large and sunny. I would recommend this property to anyone who enjoys ca...
Wrangell, Alaska
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The clean, comfortable room had a feather bed, jacuzzi tub, fireplace and other amazing amenities. The staff was again, some of the best I've encountered (and I travel a lot!). The complimentary shuttle was great with friendly, helpful drivers who will take you down to Main Street and pick you up in a timely fashion. The prices was reasonable in the off season. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dnkpowell
Florence, Italy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm seldom at a loss for words; and all I can say is this place is AWESOME!!!! I can't remember a more relaxing, comfortable, peaceful, quiet, and friendly place I've ever stayed. Our stay was during the "off season" so the winter ski season is probably very different.

1 Thank GRock_Ent
Napa California
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just returned from another great stay at The Chateaux in Deer Valley. From the check in with Alex to the warm greeting from the Guest Services Manager Jacqui Livingston I have to say every staff person I came in contact greeted us with a smile and a greeting. We found our accommodations to be in excellent condition. I thought the guest amenities in the units were quite good. I used the exercise room each day and found the equipment to be in very good condition. I was a bit surprised that they didn't have flat screen TV's in the exercise room with direct audio feed to each piece of equipment but that wasn't a big deal. We have stayed at The Chateaux several times and would certainly recommend it to anyone considering a stay in Deer Valley.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If your idea of a hotel should capture the feeling of an aging, under-funded apartment complex, this is the place for you. As you enter the property through the dirty, dimly-lit, sour-smelling parking garage, the hope that things can only get better gradually fades. This place gets pretty good reviews, but after staying here, I am absolutely convinced that at least some of the positive reviews are coming from the owners of the individual units.

We arrived in August with our four children for one last summer fling. We intended to stay seven nights but checked out after two. This place gave us the creeps. Getting our bags from the dank, underground parking garage involved two separate elevators and walking through areas that should only be seen by the janitor, who, by the way, probably hasn't dropped by for a while. This place is in serious need of an overhaul, and I would guess it has hit some serious financial problems. The few staff that were there were friendly but not very polished, and the room was cozy and cute, but VERY overpriced (I cannot stress that enough) and did not feel at all like a four-star property. The room felt dark, some items were in need of repair, and we all felt trapped and surrounded by musty, meandering, banged-up hallways. We could either sit in the room or go swim in the very tiny, 4-foot-deep swimming pool. It felt very cheap and not at all resort-like. My wife and I both felt a serious case of buyer’s remorse, as did other people we talked to that were staying there. We all breathed a sigh of relief as we drove out of the parking garage, bound for a better place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family