“Great Time”

Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Time”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We had a great time with a great rate. We stayed at the end of April so the ski resorts were closed so we got a great price. It was very quiet with an excellent view. The staff was incredibly personable and helpful for all of our needs. The rooms were great and very nice. They have enough in there where you can stay a few days without needing to leave. They have a free service that will take you wherever you want to go into Park City and then pick you up whenever needed. We loved it and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain View so you are not facing to the inside of the courtyard area.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flyskiwake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a fabulous hotel with an amazing staff! The surroundings are incredible every time of the year. It is nice to be in the wilderness and not be camping! You must also try the brunch at Stein Erickson next door while you are here!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank slcfashion
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was traveling to Park City for one night and one day to look for property. This Hotel was noted as 5 star and highly reviewed. However, I was here in mid April during "shoulder season". It was a GHOST TOWN. No valet, no bell hop, restaurant was closed, bar was closed, EVERY SINGLE amenity was closed. One person working the desk apologizing.

Had their web site been clear that EVERYTHING was closed, had HOTELS.com noted that EVERYTHING was closed, I would have stayed elsewhere.

They said the hot tub was open; but when I got out there it had a cover on it.

NOTHING 5 star about this place during April, and SHAME on them of not noting that on their web site.

Lastly, the rate was very good, obviously for this reason.

Room Tip: Do not come during shoulder season. Rooms seem nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed during the first week in April. I would have given a 5 star rating if it had not been for a few minor issues. I reserve 5 stars for perfection.

First the positives: It is rare that I will describe my first impression of a hotel room as clean but the room felt so clean that I did not bother wiping down the door handles and light switches with sanitary wipes as I usually do. I had read reviews, which described the rooms as small, but our room was a very good size. We had two queens, a fireplace, a kitchen/sink area, and a good size bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and a towel warmer. The kitchen included a small refrigerator, a microwave oven, a coffee maker with coffee & cream, and plates, utensils, glasses, etc. Very convenient and everything was clean!

The location of the resort was perfect. We rented our ski equipment at the resort, walked across the street to buy our lift tickets, through our skis on and hopped on the lift. The first day we used our boarding passes to get free lift tickets (awesome deal!). You need to go online at the Park City Visitors Center to sign up for the free tickets good on your day of arrival only. After skiing we checked our skis and boots at Deer Valley and walked back across the street to the Chateaux. Just thinking about the luxury and ease of it all makes me start dreaming of a return trip!

I believe since it was the end of the season the hotel might have been a bit short staffed? I had mentioned to my son that I read reviews that the nightly turn down included fresh waters and a chocolate on the pillow. We did not have dessert the first night and looked forward to our chocolate. Not only was the chocolate missing but also the turn down service did not happen the first night. Nothing major but my son was highly disappointed. The second and third nights the turn down service happened but we received only waters and not the chocolate. I like consistency and it is disappointing to read about and look forward to things that don't happen on your trip (as small as those things might be).

The other minor items were the second night I went to use the phone and realized it had not been working for some reason. I called the front desk and let them know that our make-up mirror light had also been burnt out since our arrival and the towel warmer did not seem to work. While we were at dinner the phone was fixed, the light bulb replaced, and I was left a note stating that the towel warmer just needed to warm up longer. Their response to our minor items was immediate. We tried the towel warmer again and it never really heated up but it was a nice idea. On our third night we were so sore and tired my son took a Jacuzzi bath and one of the jets kept shooting off so we found that it was broken as well. I know our trip was at the end of the season and I am sure that the hotel will take care of all the issues during their slower upcoming season.

Would we return? Of course and I hope that next time I will be able to give this resort the 5 star rating that I know they can achieve!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Momsperception
Monroe, CT
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed at the Chateaux the first week in March and loved it! We stayed with our 3 teenage kids and it couldnt have been better. We loved staying right across the street from Silver Lake and the room was excellent. We had 3 separate rooms and everyone was so comfortable.
The staff was great at helping with suggestions, especially Shauna!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor right around the corner from the front desk and it was still quiet but so...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We loved this place!

I booked it as a surprise for my husband's birthday so we could be super close for Deer Valley skiing.
As it was I ended up being unable to ski due to pregnancy and having such a lovely hotel to stay in was really a bonus.

What we loved:

1: The room itself - it was gorgeous! Small kitchenette which was really useful. King size bed. Fireplace, beamed ceilings and a private terrace. Wonderful bathroom with bath and separate shower.

2: The hotel lobby. Cozy with roaring fireplaces and sofas to chill out and read a book.

3: Proximity to the slopes - about a 1 minute walk to snapping on your skis and taking off. An additional bonus is that Deer Valley offers a free ski and pole check, so you just walk over to the ski check, pick up your skis and poles and can hit the slopes seconds later. My husband had a ball!

4: Free underground parking for guests. We had a rental car so this was very useful.

5: The breakfast. Oh the breakfast! : ) Buffet style with hot oatmeal, fruit, eggs and hot meats and a toaster for bagels, toast or English muffins. I have seen bigger buffets, but this one really hit the spot for us - it was like tailor made to be my favorite buffet ever. Loved it!

6: The staff - very friendly and pleasant... well all except the concierge lady who was perfectly nice but a bit more abrupt. All other staff were just charming.

I'm sure I'm missing some points, but honestly what it boils down to is that we loved this hotel, would highly recommed it and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We loved the mid-mountain tranquil location at Deer Valley, conveniently removed from the center of Park City. Do not pick this location if you want to be in the middle of things, though. It is ski-in/out for Deer Valley, where snowboards are not allowed. The feel of the hotel and the staff were great. A minus was the very limited variety of the breakfast buffet and, to a much lesser extent, the internal distribution of the two-bedroom suite which in reality was three different adjoining rooms.

Room Tip: be sure to request mountain view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family