“Move over Ritz Carlton!”

The Chateaux Deer Valley
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Murrieta, California, United States
“Move over Ritz Carlton!”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I have stayed at some nice resorts/hotels, including the Ritz in Dana Point, and dollar for dollar, The Chateaux at Silver Lake, Park City, UT was hand down the best!

Excellent service, rooms were huge, very well maintained, and quite frankly I would have been willing to move in!

Room Tip: The kitchens are very nice! Bring some light snacks and hot cocoa and stay in doors on the snowy da...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in Park City. We loved the Chateaux for its cozy room and its wonderful service. The hotel restuarant does not open until December so if you plan on staying there before this be prepared to go across the street for some good food or you can do what we did and just eat out. The hot tubs were nothign fancy to look at but the jets in them were great. The room we stayed in also had a jetted tub. The Chateaux offers cozy robes for you to wear around so that you can leave the spa areas and pool without having to worry about anything. We liked it so much we are heading back in two weeks around Thanksgiing. The location of this resort is in a mountain village that is amazing!

Room Tip: Any room is good....ask for one with a dinning area.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The interior of my studio room exceeded expectations. It's certainly not an average feeling hotel room - more like a romantic cottage in the Alps. Courtyard view was not great, however, and would have preferred something looking at a mountainside, for the full experience. Murphy bed worked fine. Service at the front desk was excellent. At the time of my visit in early November 2011, the hotel was completely deserted. I saw about three staff members, and not a single other guest. If you like that feeling, it will be great in off season. Highly recommend coming up into the mountains and paying the same price for a suite with fireplace vs. a Hampton Inn by the airport! With that being said, given that I feel like one of the few guests here, the prices should probably be reduced even further to get a bit more activity here (I paid 109 for a studio, but 189 for a one-bedroom is probably not getting many takers). In ski season, this is undoubtedly a whole different experience and much more lively. In off season, you could go a great small business team meeting here and feel completely focused without any distractions and great accommodations!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view. Ask to be upgraded to a larger room (even if you paid for smaller) in the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed one night at the Chateaux to celebrate her birthday and we had a wonderful time. I had originally booked a hotel room but they upgraded us to a one-bedroom suite with kitchen, family room, two fireplaces, two baths and a small balcony facing other hotels and the mountain beyond. Bedroom fireplace was romantic and my wife loved the mountain of pillows on the king bed. We did not use the kitchen much but I can see where it would come in handy for an extended stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, and everything worked as it should. Not very many people staying at the time so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. The staff were very accomodating to move our reservation from one weekend to another due to a family funeral. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Greg J
Sarah M, Public Relations Manager at The Chateaux Deer Valley, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! We are so pleased that you and your wife were able to celebrate together at the hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Kaysville
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights a Chateaux at Silver Lake for our anniversary. We reserved a single room for two nights. Our room looked right out on the courtyard, which was more exposure than we really wanted. We asked for a mountain view and the front desk said they couldn't move us that night but we would be able to move upstairs the next day and would have an upgraded room. Wow! What an upgrade. They gave us a one-bedroom suite and I could not believe how nice it was. Two fireplaces, full kitchen, two baths. It was a beautiful room with wonderful views. We had such a nice time we are going to take our family back next week. The staff was professional and thoughtful and the rooms were clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate your comments and recognition of our front desk staff. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Cologne, MN
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here last weekend for a romantic getaway. I was expecting a plain old hotel for the price we paid for our weekend. My husband and I were both blown away with everything about this hotel. We both travel a lot and usually stay at our trusted Marriotts, but decided to try a local quaint hotel. We got really lucky. We didn't know much about it before we got there. You park in an underground parking garage and four people before we even got into the room made us feel incredibly welcome, as if we were the only guests there. They put us in room 2XX, when we got to the room, I realized it was on the ground level and I'm a bit of a fruitcake and have a phobia of being on the ground level. I nicely asked the front desk if we could switch rooms and they switched our room with no issue. Then we left and came back about 8 hours later (after doing some unbelievably beautiful drives) and the guy behind the desk remembered our room number and name when I asked him if someone could come and fix a broken lightbulb in our room (which ended up being user error)... I can't say enough about how nice the front desk attendant was on Friday, Oct 7th, 2011. Hopefully the hotel will read this and do something nice for him.

The room had a fireplace, plush bathrobes, tile bathrooms, jetted bathtub, king bed, fridge, toaster, dishes, wine opener, etc. It was way more than I thought we were going to get at such a cheap price.

Utah is my new favorite state to visit for the fall and probably a good summer destination for hiking/biking and skiing in winter. I couldn't believe there wasn't more written about the beautiful fall scenery. We were searching for a nice getaway with great fall colors. We put on 450 miles in 2 days doing some of the prettiest drives I've ever seen in the mountains. The fall colors and leaves against the water/lakes and mountains was just gorgeous. We also drove 30 min outside Park City (where the hotel is located) and were out of snow and into beautiful red rock. Park City was really easy to get to from the airport - about 45 min. It was a great central location for all the drives we wanted to hit - mountains - up 10k feet, over to the canyons, alpine loop, Echo for a little history, etc. Main Street was great too. It was about 5 min from the hotel. There are great buy one get one coupons from the visitor center for the restaurants down there. Some really great ones. We ate at Reyes Azteca and the Butchers and they were really great. Awesome local artisians there and the prettiest jewelery I've ever seen.

Room Tip: Not sure if all the rooms are the same or not. Ask for a room with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Utah is an amazing destination year round and this season's fall foliage was exceptionally vibrant. Our staff takes great pride in providing the highest level of service to our guests. We sincerely look forward to your return.
Draper, Utah
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We have stayed at The Chateaux at Silver Lake several times for family weekends and also for business events. One plus is that most of the staff has been there a long time. I know them and they know me. That makes for a very pleasant stay. I love the way they treat my wife and family. Dax Massengill gives all of us very personal attention. We always get a suite with a full service kitchen and family room. It's nice to have the ability to prepare meals on site and then plan activities in the beautiful mountain surroundings. We have used the meeting facilities for business purposes, too. They are A+ if you ever need to accommodate a large group. What a great place to do it......

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! We are so glad our staff and facilities suite your varying needs and are recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.