All reviewsdeer valleysnow park lodgedouble heightincluding lift ticketsshuttle servicebedroom condomain streetoutdoor concertbell standbell stafffree ski storageski tripfull kitchenski shuttlehot cocoawe've stayedevery amenity
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Lodges at Deer Valley and want to commend the entire staff for making my solo trip extra special. Fidel and Carl made sure my room was just right and Patty took extra good care of my dinners reservations for one. Room was super spacious and comfy, although I agree with earlier comments about wishing there was an on site restaurant (not such a big deal, however, when you discover Speedy Gonzalez!). Complimentary breakfast each morning was very satisfying. LOVE those Cadillac Escalades that whisk you off to wherever you want and, most importantly, go back to get you! My wish list for this property: views of the mountain, soundproof windows and hallways, additional hot tubs/pools to service six buildings and apres ski offering.

Room Tip: Although an unfortunate shlep through the unattractive parking lot or up/out/across the plaza, room 5316 was spacious and filled with light.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I think the mix of reviews on this property is due to there being many, many different units. We just got back for a cursed ski trip and stayed in 5323 and 5325 at the Lodges. The room was beautiful, the beds were very comfortable and the service we received was outstanding. While on the mountain we had a ski patrol call for my father and my partner broke her leg. The entire staff at Deer Valley was accommodating and wonderful. The level of service exceeded all expectations. Loved the people and the property.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sscavo
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The beds are definitely not as one would say, comfortable. The same with the Bristly cone. I was actually wondering if they had bed bugs or something.
Mountain setting was nice, but still you hear loud buses and trucks going by.
I would say that bang-for-the-buck was not even a poop-for-the-pop.
Oh yes, the staff... Well, they are roody-toody nice-n-snooty all at the same time. They ignore d-n-d signs, and barge in whenever they please. I am not sure what language they speak either. They want your money, not for you to have a pleasurable comfortable time with your family.

Room Tip: Bring your UV wand and some ear plugs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
DV_emarketing, General Manager at Lodges at Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Good evening Ben. I apologize that you and your family did not have the comfortable and relaxing vacation that is our goal for each guest. I know that refreshing vacation time is important in our busy lives and I apologize that your experience here was less than satisfactory.

I am sending this message hoping to further discuss the issues raised in your review. I look forward to communicating with you directly to discuss your concerns. My contact information follows so that you can reach me at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,
Jeanne Lehan
The Lodges at Deer Valley
Email: jlehan@lodges-deervalley.com
Direct: 435-615-2602

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great place, been there before and will go back: big rooms, fabulous shuttle (lots of snow when we were there but no worries in those giant solid Escalades), super nice people, safe and warm and cozy and lovely and you can really carbo-load at the morning breakfast.

Do wish they had a restaurant and/or bar on premises or at least better on-site food selections. The little general store has a horrid selection (single pizzas? hot pockets?) so I actually found myself going hungry late in the evenings. But, still, we'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cathyhub
Reviewed January 27, 2012

100% awesome Sundance accomodations! We scored a 3 bedroom condo for the week - ample space for six grownups, full-size kitchen for home-cooked dinners and the shuttle service was absolutely clutch (door-to-door Cadillac Escalade pick ups and drop offs to and from venues and parties with just a phone call.) Super helpful staff, great concierge - I'd come back in a heartbeat. In fact, I haven't left yet - writing this review from a leather rocker by the fireplace alongside a huge picture window with a stunning view of the snowy peaks! Book it!

PS: BONUS! The onsite "general store" also stocks a decent selection of beer, wine and liquor so you can avoid trips to the highly inconvenient state stores!

Room Tip: Unit 4206 is a well-appointed 3 bd/4 ba right up the lobby stairs!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends