All reviews deer valley snow park lodge double height including lift tickets shuttle service bedroom condo main street outdoor concert bell stand bell staff free ski storage ski trip full kitchen ski shuttle hot cocoa we've stayed every amenity
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Building #4 is horrible .You need to walk past the garbage to get to a dark hallway with one elevator. If you want depressing accommodations this is the place.Front desk was disorganized and didn't bother taking care of arrangements that were made three weeks in advance. Rooms were dirty,floors were never washed. If you get near the one elevator you'll be up all night. Try other hotels up the mountain. This place used to be great when it opened. The only nice thing I can say it's close to a wonderful mountain with great service on the mountain. If you read the other reviews you'll see I'm not alone in my rating.
Save your money .stay elsewhere until they remodel and clean........
By the way the best tree run is Centennial........

Room Tip: Look up the mountain for better places.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lennyr2655
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This was my first stay at The Lodges and hopefully won't be my last. I found the location to be ideal. A 3-minute shuttle ride to Snow Park Lodge ski base and you are ready to ski. The shuttles leave constantly and in 4 ski days I never had to wait on either end of pick ups and drop offs. This location offers less noise and foot traffic than staying right on the mountain. So many nice touches were put in place by the staff: homemade cookies provided at the end of each day, a bell staff that asked how your ski day was, movies available for a small $5 rental fee, and a housekeeping staff that was memorably cordial. They just couldn't do enough for you each and every day The most amazing gesture was being able to have my room back after check-out so that I could shower and relax before my overnight flight. And it was the staff that suggested this might be possible the day before check-out so I could plan!

The Continental Breakfast (free!) is amazing. Three stations to linger over many selections. There is an area of hot food (egg sandwiches, steel-cut Irish oatmeal, waffles) as well as everything else you could want as far as breads, pastries, fruits, cereals, various coffees and juices. They really fuss over this breakfast and clearly want it to be a great start to the day.

I had no issues with noise in the hotel. As a matter of fact I think it's the most quiet place I've ever stayed. I was in a corner room (3220) so that was ideal. There were many families on vacation so you would think it would have been noisey, but I was never disturbed. My room had a microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker and plenty of mugs, glasses and silverware. I could have really eaten in the room.

I highly recommend The Lodges.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Been here 6 out of the last 7 years- during President's week,paying peak season prices. have always loved the place and recommended it to many friends coming out here. This year, hating my stay here. First night, did not have heat in master bedroom. The 24 hour fitness center also has no heat. Instead of the usual heating system of past years making it a wonderful place to get my daily 5 mile run and workout - it is a frigid icebox as they now have a small little space heater instead. Multiple complaints to management has brought no change. Will not be back nor recommend to anyone else. Also, very noisy this year, upstairs guests appear to wear their ski boots first thing in the morning and running around constantly ay night and adjoining room( which had another guest-we were in the one bedroom portion) had a guest yelling into his speakerphone for an hour at 11:30 at night .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
2096
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed in a one bedroom condo during Sundance Film Festival (@$500/night). Rooms are clean and big, mattresses feel new. Linens decent. Decorated in standard Park City faux western lodge style (big furniture, some made out of lacquered logs).

But this lodge, which used to be one of the nicer ones in Deer Valley, either needs to step up its game to compete -- or decide that it is going to become a more economical family choice in Park City.

Tiny non-flat screen tvs in the rooms -- and not even newer models of box tvs -- cheap, old school TVs with poor image quality. No baths in our bathrooms, just two showers with really cheap hardware (the kind of shower faucet you buy for $5 at a hardware store). Super loud ventilation system in our bathroom when lights where on, sounded cheap and old. Also there were dents in the wall, some scrapes, a missing piece of crown molding....the condo wasn't falling apart, but it was starting to show wear and tear.

Breakfast is OK, not great and the seating for breakfast has a thrown together feel. (The linens on the tables would be soiled by 9 AM and wouldn't get changed, food from people who are finished eating was left on the table long after the diner had left.) Kids seemed to enjoy the make your own waffles.

First floor rooms in rear are RIGHT against a mountain incline and get NO light at all, making it feel like it is dusk or dawn all day, even when he sky is cloudless and the sun shining bright.

When I first started going to Sundance 11 years ago, The Lodges felt upscale. Now the Lodges have been overtaken by much newer spots throughout Park City. For these prices, you would expect a room showing no scrapes and cuts, a nice shower head, a bath, and a flat screen.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The Lodges at Deer Valley was a cozy hotel within walking distance of the lifts. The rooms were very nice but the beds were extraordinary . Breakfast was included in our stay and it was by far, the best hotel breakfast we've had. Think: breakfast pizza and unbelievable Belgium waffles -- the perfect beginning to a workout on the slopes. The front desk had DVD's for us to borrow as well as a Scrabble game. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple