“Great Family Ski Destination”

Park City Mountain Resort
Book In Advance
More Info
$50.00*
and up
Park City Tour
Ranked #5 of 95 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the restaurants, hotels, nightlife and shopping of one of America's great ski towns, Park City Mountain Resort has something for every snow enthusiast: manicured groomers, ideal learning terrain, powder-filled bowls and some of the industry's most progressive terrain parks and halfpipes.
Malibu, California, United States
287 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Great Family Ski Destination”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Terrific for a family with skiers and snowboarders. Several ways to get up the mountain, friendly staff outstanding ski school. You can get discounted lift tickets in Salt Lake City if you are flying in and driving up to the resort.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great place to ski when you are starting out”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Park City Mountain Resort was the ideal place for my wife to learn how to ski. She met this wonderful instructor named Dub. With two 3.5 hour lessons over two consecutive days, he was able to teach her to love skiing, something I haven't been able to do as her husband for 2 years. Park City Mountain Resort offers the ideal place for beginner skiers. All the green slopes were well groomed. The only negative thing I experienced there was that the staff were not as ubiquitous as you find at Deer Valley. Sometimes, it is not easy to navigate your children through different green slopes throughout the resort and enhanced availability of knowledgeable staff like they have at Deer Valley would have made this place even better.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Less busy on weekdays, like all other locations. Most efficient way to the top is Crescent to Bonanza. Use singles lines to get up faster.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mountain of fun”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the best ski resort we've visited across the globe. It had so many great ski runs, helpful staff at every stop (including security who helped track down our missing skis), great places to eat and easily accessible lifts. We can't wait to come back again sometime!

1 Thank Joshua L
Washington, DC
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Outraged and insulted.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is the first and I hope the only one-star review I am writing.
It is not in my DNA to quarrel with or badmouth people; however this is a special circumstance.

For a couple of years a couple of families of friends from the East Coast have been visiting Park City during Christmas break. We skied all three mountains here, with Deer Valley being vastly superior to the others, but at a cost. So sometimes we throw in a day or two of skiing at PCMR, or The Canyons.
This time around, we bought PCMR tickets ahead of time; and on the day of skiing my daughter was sick. I decided to try to sell her Youth ticket at the resort to someone in the ticket line with kids. One family was kind enough to agree to help me out; and I suggested that we approach the both together to check that the ticket is valid - for their piece of mind. For you to finish the mental picture - this was around 9:30am, and I was in my full skiing gear, so it was obvious there was no monkey business going on.
When the other family and I approached the booth and explained the situation, the young female attendant suddenly assumed hostile outlook, and said she needed to talk to her supervisor. When she came back, she said re-selling tickets was against the law, and therefore PCMR is going to keep it!

This was so unfair and outrageous, I was completely dumbfounded and at a loss for words. A couple of strangers in the line took my side, and tried to persuade the employees to return me the ticket I paid for. To no avail.

Now - this is wrong on so many levels. First of all - what "law" were they referring to?? If the law of the State of Utah - then why last year, in an almost identical situation - our friends received nothing but help from The Canyons personnel, who actually matched them with a buyer in line??
Even if this "law" had existed on the books - is the intent really to catch The Grand Theft Ticket Reseller Criminal like myself, who is obviously doing this one time ever, because my child was sick?

Well, good job PCMR. You got The Con Man. In the process - you behaved like thieves taking from me something I paid for, and lost 12 customers forever.

1 Thank kisaDC