“Free Sunday”

and up
Park City Tour
Ranked #7 of 96 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the restaurants, hotels, nightlife and shopping of one of America's great ski towns, Park City Mountain Resort has something for every snow enthusiast: manicured groomers, ideal learning terrain, powder-filled bowls and some of the industry's most progressive terrain parks and halfpipes.
Irvine, Ca
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Free Sunday”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I took advantage of the Park City Free on day of arrival and was not disappointed. I was very concerned about other reviewers comments about lift lines, but did not have the same experience. The lines were very short, with the exception of one mid-mountain around 2pm (10 minutes max).
I am a beginner intermediate and I was skiing with my son who is a beginner (green only) skier.
The worst thing we experienced was probably my fault, but I will share it so nobody makes the same mistake that I did. Here it is: I went down the "Homerun" ski run at 4pm.... BIG MISTAKE!! It is a 3.5 mile rune that starts off as a nice green cruiser and ends up winding back and forth on a narrow, icy cat-track for practically eternity. If I would have known, I would have gone "homerun" to "Drift" to "Blance" (all green) and had a nice mellow ending to my free day of skiing. Instead, I had to spend an hour coaxing my 10 year-old crying child down the narrow, icy, winding mountain ski run. Like I said my fault.....
I would love to go back. I loved that mountain MUCH more that the Canyons Resort!!!!!

SF Bay Area
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Fun Resort in the heart of Park City, UT”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Spent 4 days here. All without long lines (compared to So. Lake Tahoe) and great snow. I thought it was awesome. Took a little to get use to the Utah snow (liquid ball bearings) but after a day it was fun.

The front side basically is open through the evening, so if you get some early runs and then take a break, you can be back on the mountain on 3:00 and then ride through dark. Though we never rode past 6.

The best part of Park City was being able to dine in the town. Simply awesome.

We will definitely be going back.

Visited March 2011
Temecula
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Bad Year for Snow - Great Resort”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Less than 50% of the runs were open due to lack of snow this season. Resort was great, no or little waiting in lines during the week compared to Southern California where you wait 20minutes plus. Ski Inn - good little mid hill restaurant.

USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great ski runs”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Great ski runs. Best part is that the slopes are often wide and there is a wide diversity in terrain. Resort ameneties are missing - lots of temporary bathrooms. Lodge is far away from ski runs.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Doing the best they can”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Snow conditions were not great and despite man-made efforts, there were plenty of loose rocks, and grass/sticks poking through. Significant ice spots as well. Still exciting mountain skiing relative to midwest hills. Worth a return visit when there's more snow.