“Peaceful Relaxation”

Serenity Spa by Westgate
More attraction details
Owner description: Indulge, relax and rejuvenate with a visit to our Serenity Spa by Westgate. An award-winning and full-service mountain retreat day spa, Serenity Spa offers a range of Park City spa services and products for everyone. With 30,000 square feet, complete with 14 treatment rooms, a tranquil spa with waterfall and magnificent amenities, your vacation becomes complete once you immerse yourself in this calming setting. Serenity Spa has captured the prestigious Best of State Award in 2013, 2014 and 2015 for "Best Destination Spa." At Serenity Spa, our treatments have been designed to instill deep, soulful relaxation and each service is completely customized to each guest. Whether you are an athlete looking for recovery, a couple on a special getaway or just simply want to treat yourself, we can create the experience for you.
Chicago, Illinois
“Peaceful Relaxation”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just walking into the Serenity Spa is a calming experience. The people at the desk are very friendly and show you all the options available before and after your massage, i.e. showers, steam room, tranquility whirlpool, a comfortable waiting room with beverages and healthy snacks. I have been there many times and have always thoroughly enjoyed the massage experience. All the therapists I have had were highly trained and able to help with any problem. On my most recent visit,I had a wonderful therapist named Kaitlin. She really helped to get all the tightness out of my back and shoulders and I felt great.

1 Thank Joyce s
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Serenity Spa by Westgate, responded to this review, February 2, 2016
Thank you so much for your review. It delights us to know that you were able to enjoy a relaxing visit about the services you have received from our spa. It was a pleasure having you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Luna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not a Luxury Spa Experience”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was disappointed in my massage service at Serenity Spa by Westgate. I chose to go to this luxury spa to get pampered for a special occasion. If Serenity Spa was an average place, I would be satisfied with my average experience. But they are a luxury spa charging luxury prices, and did not meet my expectations.

Our masseuses were Britni and Rebecca. The one with the dark hair was great, the one with the blonde hair was not.

1. I made an appointment for a couples massage for me and my husband. I wanted the hot stone massage, and he wanted a regular massage. Whoever made the appointment got the services swapped, so when we showed up the hot stone masseuse (blonde) planned to give it to my husband. I explained there must be a mix-up because I wanted the hot stone, and he didn't. The hot stone masseuse was very ticked off by this. I felt this started the whole experience off on a sour note.

2. So now that the (blonde) hot stone masseuse was about to get started on me, she asked if there were any areas in particular I wanted her to work on. I get massages pretty regularly so am used to getting this question. I said "Yes, my neck and my hands especially because I'm on the computer all day" She barely spent any time on either. Seriously, she spent less than one minute on each hand. Why did she even ask me? It still makes me mad thinking about it right now!

I do have to say the resort was a beautiful place, and I appreciated the calm and plush spa area, locker room, and waiting lounge. I also appreciated that someone from the front desk walked us all the way to the spa because it's hard to find. My husband and I live in Chicago so it was also nice to be in the mountains. I only wish the spa service lived up to the surroundings. The masseuses gave me a Trip Advisor card after the massage and asked that I write a review if I wanted to. I had originally decided not to write a review on Trip Advisor because it would be mostly negative, and I really hope my experience with the blonde hot stone masseuse was an isolated incident that doesn't reflect on the entire resort. That being said, I felt it important that the spa know I had a bad experience - so I tried to send an email to the address that confirmed the appointment and the address that thanked me for coming, but that address does not accept incoming emails and there are no other emails to directly communicate with the spa. So I ended up writing a review on Trip Advisor afterall....

1 Thank luvs_vacay
Michelle H, Manager at Serenity Spa by Westgate, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I was dissapointed to read about your experience. As a team we strive to make every guest experience "wow" and I apologize that this was not your experience. Please contact me directly at the spa so we can further discuss your experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make the situation right.
Michelle Howard Spa Director
New York City, New York
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We just recently went out to Park City to ski and stayed at the Westgate. We had a small issue with the hotel and they made us late for our appointments at the spa. The ladies who work the desk were nothing but friendly and supportive and made sure we were taken care of the right way. We ended up spending most of the morning there and the services were great and relaxing. The spa is beautiful with a ton of amenities. We ended up using them the next day when we were leaving to hold on to our stuff and use the spa showers before our late flight. I can not express how friendly everyone who works there was. It made our trip!

1 Thank LC209
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to our spa. It's great to hear you had such a wonderful time and felt the relaxation that you were truly looking for and our outstanding service as well. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

“Luxurious and relaxing”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Serenity Spa feels like an oasis in the mountains. It's calming and peaceful from the moment you step through the doors. I received a body scrub and massage, which felt amazing! I recommend serenity spa to anyway who needs a relaxing time.

1 Thank sjerome21
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always love to hear when our guests have had a spectacular experience at our spa and it is great to see that your visit was relaxing and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

West Jordan, UT
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff and massage therapists especially Aubrey are phenominal. I have never walked away from a massage floating on clouds before. I would go back in a heart beat. Aubrey was able to get alot of tension and knots out of my back. Thank you So much!!!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Brittney B
We appreciate your feedback. It thrills us to hear that you had a wonderful and relaxing time visiting our spa. We certainly take pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you here again soon.