our experience was very mixed at this resort.
If you're not familiar with the Park City area ( like us) The Canyons is a sort of suburb about a 10 minute drive away from Park City. It is fantastically convenient to Salt Lake City Airport (around half an hour), in fact i cannot think of another ski resort that is so accessible to an airport (and we've skied around the world)
Good location, walk outside a hundred metres or so and you're at the gondola/lifts
Rooms fine,very clean, very 70's decor.We had a combination of 2 rooms connecting, so one room with king bed, jacuzzi (in bedroom) steam shower, well equipped kitchen, lounge with TV and dining table. Other room had a queen bed, sofa bed, kitchenette, steam shower room. Perfect for a family of 5.
Fantastic transport shuttle service, including friendly and courteous drivers. My husband dropped some money on the seat in the van and the driver found us to return it.
Lovely indoor/outdoor pool area, and hot tubs.
Well maintained facilities
Other reviews have mentioned the layout. It was beyond complicated, to get to the swimming pool we had to use 2 lifts in 2 buildings, and navigate corridors and corners. Clearer signage would be helpful.
Often i asked staff for directions, and they were equally clueless. I think there had been a massive staff hiring campaign just before we got there, everyone was new and none of them knew where they were going (we were taken to the wrong room with our luggage by a porter)More time should be spent on staff training.
We booked our trip on vrbo, a site i have used on numerous occasions with great results. On check in, we were given the run around that they didn't have our reservation and lots of huffing and puffing about us using a '3rd party booking agency' it was made clear they were not happy about this arrangement, we were then told policy had changed and we would be charged to use the shuttle service, as this was clearly included in what we had paid for, there ensued to-ing and fro-ing with the upshot being we didn't have to pay extra for it, although presumably the owner did? Throughout this very long and painful check in process it crossed my mind that the staff were unwelcoming. We had arrived from a very long trip from the other side of the world with tired kids and made to feel like second class citizens because we had booked on vrbo! WT..
I would have swallowed this attitude as someone having a bad day, however when we were checking out i heard this very same conversation being repeated to another gentleman checking in (no reservation record, extra charges etc). He was an american, and i told him we had been subjected to the same rigmarole, so it was obviously not a one off attitude. Perhaps this should serve as a warning to any potential owners, it has certainly put us off coming back.
The hard sell to get you to one of their timeshare sales pitches is unrelenting, we had no interest in going to one, however, every time we went into the bar or restaurant there would be someone outside with the same old shpeel. I asked if the resort sold lift tickets and was sent to an office where the young man told me i could get 2 free tickets if my husband and i attended the sales pitch.No, they did not sell lift tickets, so why was i sent there? to my mind this is this just distasteful.
This resort is good, it has everything you need for a great ski holiday, however, the corporate hard sell seems to be priority no.1, and lack of staff training didn't sit well with us. We'll definitely be back to Park City, we just loved it, but not to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westgate Park City Resort & Spa offers a memorable vacation for all seasons. A Ski-in/Ski-out resort with ski valet located directly next to the RedLine Gondola for winter fun, and close to all the summer fun activities as well. Westgate Park City Resort & Spa also features the full service Serenity Spa by Westgate, Drafts Sports Bar and Grill for great food and beer overlooking the ski lifts and Wasatch Mountains, Edge Steakhouse for a cutting edge culinary experience, Marketplace that proudly brews Starbucks coffee and has a vast selection of beer, wine, spirits, groceries and sundries, features Utah's largest Indoor/Outdoor pool, and is the only resort to offer free shuttle service to downtown, local shopping and area events. Choose from fully furnished Studio Villas to Luxury and Signature Four Bedroom Villas, featuring kitchens, whirlpool tubs, steam showers and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westgate Park City Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Park City Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort And Spa
- Westgate Hotel Park City
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa Utah