Goldener Hirsch Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
Hampton Inn and Suites Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
$94
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
$96
$86
Marriott's Summit Watch(Park City)(Great Value!)
$115
Marriott
Park City Marriott(Park City)(Great Value!)
$118
$110
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley(Park City)
$235
  • Breakfast included
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
$146
$284
$258
$104
$87
Orbitz.com
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
$188
$159
All reviewscharming hotelfonduedeer valleyaustrian alpinemid mountainupdated bathroomapres skilots of closet spacerobes and slippersoff seasonprivate balconythe entire staffstein erickson lodgefront desk staffa great staythe location is perfecthot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Goldener for part of our honeymoon trip out west. The hotel staff was fantastic, and our room was extremely comfortable. It was summer, so we got an excellent rate, and as it turned out, we were the only guests in the hotel at the time. This made for a very quiet, relaxing time, which was exactly what we needed.

The room was well-appointed with sturdy, comfortable furniture. The bed had a down topper and very soft sheets--very cozy for napping after a very long flight and delays. The bathroom was fantastic. There was a jetted bathtub (and there are also 2 hot tubs on the property). The room itself had all of the amenities one would normally need--iron, hair dryer, refrigerator (although curiously no microwave).

The only word of caution I would write is that it would appear that during the summer, the experience is a bit different than during the peak season. There were only 1 or 2 staff members on site at any given time (which is entirely understandable) but that meant we didn't get maid service while we were there. Someone did come to clear breakfast dishes, but the trash wasn't emptied and the bed wasn't made. Also, they do not to the breakfast buffet, but instead provide a continental breakfast to your room. I do understand why they would not do a full buffet in the summer, but I was expecting a hot breakfast (Park City is not warm in the mornings!!!) and instead we had muffins and fruit. The upside of this is that we were able to enjoy more of Park City's fantastic restaurants because we weren't full from a big breakfast!

One other thing to be advised of: This hotel does not have air conditioning. We did not find it to be a problem at all during our stay, but others may prefer AC. The lows in the evening were in the 40s, so we simply opened our windows, but it was unseasonably chilly when we were there.

All in all, we had a very good experience. I think next time we will try to go a bit more toward peak season, but we will definitely try to go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allegro22
Reviewed March 2, 2009

My wife, 10 year old daughter and I had a magical week in Deer Valley in February, and the Goldener Hirsh played a big part in that. This is a lovely, intimate little hotel, quite unlike others in Deer Valley, including the existing market leader and a couple of others under construction, that are starting to reach a scale that makes them look more like vacation factories.

We were upgraded to a Grand Suite for our stay, which seemed to occupy half of the top floor, and to be honest was larger than we needed. The standard rooms would be more than enough for us, especially taking into account that, for a small hotel, the hotel has very inviting common areas on each floor. And with all the great skiing right at your doorstep during the day, and the restaurants in DV and nearby Park City at night, you'd be crazy to spend a lot of time in your room anyway. That said, we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant a few more times than we expected because we were skiing from first to last lift and the food in the hotel was so good - some of the best steaks I've had anywhere - it was difficult to leave the hotel at night. The cooking was really first rate, and the very mature, knowledgable, personable and professional waiter we had for those meals made it a great experience.

The breakfasts are also terrific. The omelette cook is a whiz. The concierge staff are very obliging, and were only too happy to come up to the room to build a fire or to drive us in to Park City in the evenings. The ski valet service is great - on the mountain during the day and in the hotel evenings and mornings.

I was worried when I booked our room that I might find the mock Tyrolean decor to be a bit twee, but it's really nicely done (not like Vail at all!). Travelling from Australia to ski in the northern winter, we tend to choose between Europe and the US in alternate years, and I generally prefer my western US resorts and hotels to have a western US feel. But this hotel sits very comfortably in its location and also pays homage to the origins of the great alpine pastime.

As a typically reserved and taciturn Australian, I am also occasionally uncomfortable with the overt service culture and mantra in the US, people literally promising to exceed my expectations when I'm just having a conversation with them. You do get a lot of this in Deer Valley and at Goldener Hirsh too, but in the case of this hotel and the General Manager, they do walk the talk.

I would recommend this understated and quite perfect little hotel to any discerning traveller looking to stay in Deer Valley.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Anthony17
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I have zero complaints about the Goldener Hirsch. We stayed here during Sundance week so it was pretty busy down in in Park City. It was a great decision to stay up at Deer Valley, and the Goldener was quiet and gave us a secluded feeling while still being close enough to the action and super close to the slopes.

This is a suite hotel with few rooms. We shared a floor with, I think, just three other rooms. (Ewan McGregor was on our floor, in town to release a new movie of his!) Rooms are spacious and made up of multiple rooms- a sitting room, bedroom and super large, updated bathroom. The rooms are extremely cozy. Authentic ski-town furnishings, cozy bed, super large bedroom.

We enjoyed breakfast in the cafe downstairs before a day of skiing. The concierge was extremely attentive and helpful with everything we did. The staff was super friendly. Room service was fast and delicious. We had the (real, wood-burning) fireplace in our room lit by the staff and then settled in next to the fire after skiing all day, ordered up some red wine and cheese, and nothing is more romantic. The balcony is large and overlooks Deer Valley resort. Ski shops are directly across the pathway in front of the hotel.

Convenient, cozy, everything you think of when you think of a weekend away skiing--the full experience.

3  Thank journ3eb
Reviewed December 11, 2008

PERFECT honeymoon location. We just got in last night from Utah and I couldn't wait to give the Goldener Hirsch Inn all the props it deserves. We had no idea what to expect when we booked the trip- we had never been to Utah or skiing for that matter. We couldn't have found a better place. Our stay was fantastic from the travel to and from the Salt Lake Airport (only about a 35 -40 minute ride), to the beautiful rooms, and the hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies every day. The breakfasts (included in stay) were delicious- even had a guy up every morning making omelets and sourdough waffles per request. The staff could not have been better. They always went above and beyond what we asked. Being new to skiing and unfamiliar with the area, we didn't really have a great plan for what we would be doing. The staff insisted on making phone calls for us and checking into things for us so that our stay was everything we wanted it to be. And they were genuinely interested in us having a fabulous honeymoon.The Deer Valley slopes right behind the hotel were beautiful and fun to ski and it was only a 5-10 minute ride to the slopes in Park City. The hotel stay included rides to and from Park City so at our convenience we could get a ride to and from dinner, shopping, etc.They even took us to Olympic Park on the last day which is a little further out. The drivers/concierges were phenomenal. It was actually sad to leave them...shout out to Michael, Ryan, & Ted!!! We will miss you! Thanks for taking the time to show us around and for helping make our honeymoon so memorable! Also, the area itself is just gorgeous- you won't want to leave. I cannot wait to make it back to Utah and the Goldener Hirsch Inn. It is a little pricey but we feel like every dollar was well spent. We wouldn't change 1 thing about our trip. Thanks again to the great staff who showed us a really awesome time. It was really nice to be treated so well and to feel like our "business" was appreciated. And before I forget, there are 2 hot tubs...1 outside and 1 inside (and a sauna) and they were wonderful to visit after a day of skiing! I hope I haven't neglected to mention something here, but the jist of it is that we had a fantastic time and our honeymoon was PERFECT. We will definitely recommend the Goldener Hirsch Inn to everybody that we can and we hope to visit again in the future.
-The Windlers :)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank ash0117lee
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My children and I stayed at the Goldener Hirsch the weekend of Aug. 1-3 and we couldn't have been happier. This is one of the nicest properties we've stayed at. It is a small boutique hotel with loads of class. From the amazing beds with fabulous down pillows and comforters, to the beautiful furnishings, to the attentiveness of General Manager Kelley Davidson, we were 99% satisfied with our stay. I would have said 100% except that the Goldener Hirsch isn't air conditioned and it was unseasonably hot during our stay, so we were quite warm in our room. However, the hotel provided fans and that did help. But even with the lack of a/c, we were still thrilled with our stay. The hotel is conveniently located to EVERYTHING in Deer Valley so we never even took the car out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family