“A tad better than Stein's...and that's VERY good”

Goldener Hirsch Inn
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We've been to the Goldener Hirsch for lunch many years ago but this is our first 'stay'. It was memorable.

From the General Manager down to the cleaning crew, every employee was interactive and friendly. We also had dinner the first night we arrived; the food, ambiance, and service were all exceptional.

This is a small upscale 'Inn' modeled after it's namesake in Austria. It's Tyrolean decor is charming and comfortable. Our suite was enormous and directly across the hall from the 'inside' hot tub.

Do we recommend this Inn? Yes we do.....and we'll be back.

Room Tip: We were in suite 401 and would recommend that location to anyone. We were too early in the season t...
There are newer reviews for Goldener Hirsch Inn

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Goldener Hirsch this month. The décor is beautiful, you really feel that you have stepped into Austria. The bedding is wonderful, very comfortable. I had a deck off my room.
The service was excellent. I needed a ride to another hotel. The Goldener did not have a shuttle that provided this type of service, so I went next door to check at another hotel. While waiting there the receptionist from the Goldener came over to find me. He said he had checked with his manager and they found a way to provide me a ride. This was really above and beyond my expectations.
The receptionists learned our names quickly and greeted us by name.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have stayed here for our anniversary the last two years. It cannot be beat! Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the woman at the reception desk and the general manager. The general manager walked us up to our room and showed us around....and what a lovely room! We had a deluxe suite this time and it was huge - large sitting area, fire place, 3 closets, huge walkout balcony, poster bed, jetted tub, etc. (Room 302 - awesome!) When we stayed last year we had a standard suite which still had AMPLE space. I don't think you can go wrong with any room or configuration.

We had drinks and fondue at the bar early in the evening. Very kind service, lovely European atmosphere and delicious! GET THE FONDUE - especially if you can get there before 6pm and enjoy the happy hour prices. CANNOT be beat!

The hotel has lovely, quaint, sitting areas. Underground parking. Two hot tubs. A sauna. Personable staff and top notch service. Everything is clean and immaculately maintained. Aveda products in the room. Fluffy robes and towels too.

We LOVE this place and plan to stay here every September for years to come. It has become our anniversary destination resort. It is only a short drive for us, over the mountain from Salt Lake City, but it feels like you have traveled across the ocean to an Austrian resort.

Go! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Really don't think you can go wrong. We stayed in Room 302 last time and it was HUGE! Would be...
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night over Labor Day weekend. The inn is decorated beautifully (even the door hinges are beautiful!). I loved the atmosphere. We had a great view of ski hills and pine trees from our balcony. Breakfast is included. However, it's only a continental breakfast in the summer. The amenities seem to be much better in the winter: hot breakfast included, complimentary shuttle to downtown Park City, and probably no fire bans restricting fireplace use.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ErinBast
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A quick getaway to Deer Valley was made even more wonderful by the Goldener Hirsch Inn! A beautiful hotel, with a staff who greeted us by name, every time we left and returned. The room was spacious and the bath luxurious, including a jetted tub & walk-in shower. My favorite part was sitting on the private balcony, a perfect way to begin and end the day. Thank you for your attention to detail.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Park City for a few years now to celebrate our anniversary. Every year we have stayed at the Newpark Resort and have loved it. This year I was able to snag a deal off of a local website for the Goldener Hirsch and I must say that I am very glad I did!

First and foremost this Inn is a very romantic getaway located above Park City. The ambiance was so much more inviting for a weekend like ours. The staff was helpful and attentive, with the general manager greeting us personally on our first day.

We were able to luck into a grand suite and it was awesome! Very clean room and very spacious with a personal balcony. The bed was very comfortable with the big down comforter, and the bathroom was spacious and wonderful.

We ate one night at the restaurant and the food was great. I had the halibut and my wife had the steak and we were both very pleased with our selections. The one thing is we had the asparagus appetizer and it left a little to be desired.

I will definitely try to book another stay here if we return next year, it has everything a perfect anniversary needs!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed at this fabulous boutique hotel for the third year in a row to celebrate my birthday. Love the Bavarian vibe and the warm, friendly staff. Deer Valley has great weather late August...my favorite time of year there. The hotel, the staff, the weather...makes you want to yodel!!!

Room Tip: I am partial to floor two with a private balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple