We stayed at the Goldener Hirsch for four nights during a long ski weekend. This boutique hotel is tucked away in the Silver Lake Village area of Deer Valley. We liked the fact that it is a hideaway with only a modest sign that alerts one to its presence. The hotel is a 4 to 5 minute walk from the lifts through a pedestrian only area assuming you are carrying skis or a 3 minute walk without skis, unless you are a leisurely walker. There is a ski rack outside the hotel door where you can leave your skis. The staff will take your skis off the rack and store them for you after the lifts close or you can use free storage near the lifts if you prefer not to carry your skis for a period longer than thirty seconds. There are also ski rental shops within steps of the door of the hotel.
Upon arrival, we were met by the manager, who welcomed us to the hotel and from whom I have already received a thank you letter for staying at the hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. We would learn that the entire staff was friendly and efficient.
Our room was a deluxe room with a seating area and fireplace. It felt like a suite even though it was not a suite and was a good value by Deer Valley standards. The room was spotless. The only nits I had about the room was that there was a little but of grout under the outside of the shower door that needed to be replaced and there was fuse box in the bathroom the door of which was painted the color of the bathroom wall, but we could still tell it was a fuse box. I realize that I am being picky but this this is the type of hotel where they want to know these things since it is obvious they strive for perfection.
The bed and linens were very comfortable. The furnishings were of alpine design. We could have been in Zermatt, Murren, Innisbrook, Salzburg or Grindelwald.
We enjoyed the small boutique atmosphere of the hotel. Most of the hotels in the area are very larger and just are not our style. The interior of the hotel is blessed with a lot of natural light, thanks to its many windows. Both our room and the public areas were beautifully lit during the sunny days with which we were blessed.
The waitstaff in the morning and evening were great and the various shifts communicated with each other. After I mentioned the the bartender one evening that the style of coffee at breakfast was not my style, the server at breakfast the next morning made me a coffee using expresso. The bartender was very accomplished and made drinks that would be in place in the best lounges New York, Paris, or Rome. He has also created an excellent beer list and list of liqueurs to go along with the hotel's award winning wine list. We had dinner one night at the hotel. The Chef distinguished himself in a trout preparation that combined germanic and mediterranean elements---delicious.
The hotel offers shuttle service to Park City. The drivers were friendly and full of useful information. They strived to make our stay better. The only issue with the service that we encountered was being given less than accurate directions to a restaurant by one of the clerks. However, the rest of the service was so excellent that this Goldener Hirsch still deserves the five star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goldener Hirsch Inn, Park City's premier small luxury hotel, family owned and operated since 1992 and nestled in the heart of Deer Valley Resort's Silver Lake Village. This European-style mountainside inn, named for the Hotel Godlener Hirsch in Salzburg, Austria has just 20 rooms allowing it offer intimate, personalized service alongside five star amenities, including European-King sized beds, plush robes and slippers and an acclaimed Restaurant that has attracted rave reviews near and far for it's Modern Alpine Cuisine - voted the country's "Best Ski Boutique Hotel" at the 2013 and 2015 World Ski Awards and awarded the prestigious Four Diamond award from Triple A several years running - this unique lodging experience is not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Goldener Hirsch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldener Hirsch Hotel Park City
- Goldener Hirsch Inn Park City, Utah