“My compliments to the cook!”
Review of Shabu Shabu

Shabu Shabu
Ranked #106 of 273 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Oh right, I was the cook. Very unique concept. I love soup so this was a hit for me. You choose your meat or meats and they bring the veggies and seasonings and you cook your own soup in a pot in front of you, seasoned to your taste. Can't complain about the cooking here! Kids love the experience. All at a reasonable price. Our drink glasses never went dry, good service.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Have been to Shabu Shabu (which means swish swish) twice in the last 2 weeks. They are so helpful in explaining the cooking process. It's not just great food, it's a fun experience as well. Amanda has waited on me both times and is a true asset to this restaurant. The raw food comes out and then is added to your cook pot. I love that I can see first hand how fresh everything is and I can add seasoning so that my meal is exactly the way I like it. Everyone I have recommended this restaurant too has enjoyed it. The Pho is excellent as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have never tried this type of restaurant before, but I'm certainly glad that we stopped. My wife and I were driving through Park City and wanted to try something different so we stopped at Shabu Shabu just east of the Interstate 80 on-ramp.
We were a bit hesitant after we first stepped in the door; it looked different than other restaurants, and didn't know what it would be like. We almost left, but I'm glad we didn't.
Amanda told us a little about what was available and how it was cooked in the hot-pot in front of us. Amanda was helpful and helped make the experience fun.
We'll definitely be going bacck

1  Thank the_pakettle
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went with some friends from the SLC area after a tour of Park City. First time at this type of restaurant and got plenty of help from a person within our party plus the staff. It was recommended that the novice diners order beef. After the pots heated, the vegetables were dropped into the water. We were coached on how long to cook the thinly sliced beef. Meat was tasty and the ingredients are available for controlling the hot factor. After all the beef is cook, noodles are placed in the pot for your soup. Ours went home for lunch the next day.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Meals are cooked in pots right in front of you which makes for a unique experience. You can share or have your own pot. The food was just the right amount and priced right. The owner was very friendly. Our drinks were never empty. We will go back when we are in town.