“Disappointed”

Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Park City
New York City, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well situated, great location. However the rooms are old, you can hear everything from the next door. If you are coming for a relaxing sking week this is not the place.
Extremely expensive for an old hotel and time share.
I will not come back, next time I"ll go to St.Regis

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Whiterocks100
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's MountainSide, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s MountainSide. Our team is disappointed to hear we did not exceed your expectations on your recent stay with us. Our villas are continually updated and go through a complete renovation on a regular basis. We appreciate you allowing us to host your family and thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My 2 grown 30's sons, my 6 yr old grandson & I just finished a wonderful 5 days at Mountainside on our ski vacation. The location can not be beat ! Mountainside has their pool plaza with its heated main pool & 5 hot tubs located just steps from the main Payday Lift boarding base. You can literally throw a snow ball from the pools on to a chair on the lift. The friendly ski valet staff are just steps inside the pool plaza door, thus you can ski right up to the entry gates, take your skiis off, walk a few feet across the pool plaza and hand them to the ski valet storage staff for the free overnight, convenient storage. The other base lifts and ski school are also just steps away. There are a nice variety of shops & services right at the base area. The free and frequent bus service to downtown Park City or to the base areas to ski Deer Valley or Canyons is also located right there.
As to the hotel, we had nice underground parking, and a great variety of activities on the 2nd floor lounges/ pool level all week. An example was the Tues night free brats & buns served just inside the pool plaza from 4 to 6 pm. You could grill them yourself outside in one of the 2 big gas fired pits. One of the best things this resort has going is the extremely friendly, helpful, cherrful staff. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. It was pleasantly furnished, and my bed was very comfortsble. The kitchen was well furnished also. We would definitely stay here again on any return trip to the Park city area.

Room Tip: rooms seemed quiet, but those near the elevator end towards the pool deck end would have more hall n...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's MountainSide, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of Marriott's MountainSide! As a loyal Tripadvisor contributor, we truly value your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is great to hear your family enjoyed their time skiing and experiencing the resort amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
nc
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here first time this year, fantastic rooms clean and well appointed, staff excellent very easy ski in ski out. Close to Main Street great activities for all ages. Fire broke one day mended within 30 minutes

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are slope facing they have a great view of the mountains
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Beautifully appointed. Not as huge as Summit Watch, but absolutely ample. Lovely views from every room, even stairwell. Beautiful foyer, world class property. Friendly staff. Fantastic sponsored activities. Can't be more convenient for skiing. Downside would be location during off season, bit of a walk to Main Street. Also had an eery ghost encounter on film -- free bonus if you are into ghost tours.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's MountainSide, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's MountainSide! We are thrilled you had a great time during your ski vacation and took in many of our great resort activities. Our team looks forward to your next visit with us in beautiful Park City!
DC
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Love staying here when I can! Aside from the obvious slope side location and lovely and abundant hot tubs outside, it's a great location. Being right in the ski area, it's EZ to get a beer or food anytime. I don't get a car wen I'm in Park City b/c I can walk to the grocery store and easily walk to Main Street.
The rooms are just fine and up to Marriott expectations. ALL staff were friendly and helpful all of the times I interacted with them. I like not having housekeeping come in my room...I can really relax more.
Take advantage of the activities that they offer here. I went to a wine and cheese party, made s'mores out at the fire pits, and went to Braut night for a post-ski snack, also cooked at the fire pits. But, even better was the snow shoe trip out to the Uinta Mtns! They drove us out for a Nice hike with lunch at the Samak Smokehouse...an authentic little jerky place that I try to go to every time. Very inexpensive and fun. It's great that they have a decent gym and a the ski check, too...no lugging your skis around. I even had my skis serviced while I was there; ready the next day.

Room Tip: There is no room service, so NOT terrible...just couldn't unclick
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank EvelynDN4cer
richmond va
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to this resort most years for about 14 years or so, and it somehow gets better every year! This year, the cleanliness and furnishings are as good as ever (seems to us that ski spots get hard wear, so this is impressive). We get the main unit + the lockout, so there's plenty of fridge space and tableware for a group. Noticeable this year was a real uptick in the amount of daily activities offered - fun for all levels of skiing/snowshoeing and age groups. Excellent workout area, terrific staff. We called the morning of check-in to say we'd be arriving by noon in case they could have our unit ready - and it was, which was so convenient. And of course: Park City is a delightful small town! Highly recommend this ski-in/out spot.

Stayed February 2014
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's MountainSide, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott’s MountainSide! As a loyal Marriott guest, we truly value your positive feedback and are glad our team continues to exceeded your expectations of the years. We appreciate your kind words and hope you visit us again soon!
Portland, Maine
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because it was ski in, ski out. We have an 8 year old and some of the reviews mentioned it was a great place for kids. We picked the right place. Our room was about 50 yards from the back door ski rack.
The room was clean and comfortable. I'm not sure of some of the other reviews saying they are outdated. Our room was awesome. The only complaints I can write are fixable. Number one, the hotel front desk employees. On 3 separate occasions, we asked for either directions or instructions from them. On all 3 occasions, the staff was very short and gave the impression they could care less what we were asking. For example, we had just arrived and I was looking to put our skis in a rental locker. I went looking for them and came across a gentleman wearing a suit with a Marriott name tag on his coat. I asked him if he could direct me to the ski lockers. His response was, ahh, I don't know, I don't ski...?? I thought he was joking with me. He just kept walking. The rental lockers were 3 doors down from where I was. Not good Marriott. The other examples were similar in the fact the staff didn't give us what we were looking for. There were no bellman in sight. As a matter of fact, I didn't see any the 5 days we were there. I lugged 3 bags of gear to and from our room on the 3rd floor. One final thing, for over 450.00 a night, the Marriott should without a doubt have an airport shuttle service. It was another 300.00 to get a shuttle to and from airport. Otherwise, I would probably return to this facility.

Stayed January 2014
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's MountainSide, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s MountainSide! We are happy to hear your little one enjoyed all the fun activities available at the resort. Our team also appreciates your feedback regarding service and apologize this impacted your time with us. We will share your comments with our resort management team to appropriately address your concerns. We hope you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review.