The Chateaux Deer Valley(Park City)(Great Value!)
$159
$325
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Summit Watch(Park City)(Great Value!)
$175
$169
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
$176
$139
$94
$89
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
$248
$209
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
$194
$160
  • Pool
Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
$87
$85
Priceline
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
$116
$93
Priceline
All reviewsalpine slidezip linemain streetbedroom villapayday liftroller coasteroverflow parkingmarriott vacation clubmultiple hot tubsski valetpool areafull kitchentime sharedaily activitiesgreat activitiesmovie theaterfree bus
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Sadly, the Mountainside is not what it used to be. We were very disappointed to see this hotel loose its class and category. The staff makes no effort to accommodate the requests of the guests; the hallways were always packed with trash bags; there were no remote controls in the rooms, the fireplace did not work. Very bad service overall.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MaraPanama
Reviewed January 31, 2008

I stayed at this property during the Sundance Film Festival and they were overwhelmed to say the least. After requesting a high floor room w a view three times prior to arrival they put me in a ground floor room by the pool that smelled of mold and had nasty, unmentionable stuff around the toilet and toilet seat, hair in the tub. etc. I asked to be moved and was treated rudely by a number of desk people, questioning why I needed to change rooms. There are a lot of "front desk managers" so it is hard to find the real boss. Finally, the next day one of them assured me they would make the switch. They called me (I was out and about in Park City) to get me back to the hotel to move in the afternoon. When I went to the front desk to say I was back, they all acted like they had no idea why I was there. No one had a clue! And they rudely started questioning me again about why I needed to change rooms. I've never experienced this kind of pressure. They finally found the person that had made the switch. No one apologized. The new room was okay but beat and the maid service never arrived before 6 and one night I had to beg at 7. Finally two guys came and made the bed. Good location, average room and NO SERVICE or RUDE SERVICE.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MichaelJA
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Our family of 5 stayed here last summer, August 2007. We really loved it. We traded our timeshare for a one bedroom here. Although a two-bedroom would have been more comfortable, we could fit all 5 of us without much of a problem.

The hotel (or resort) is very rustic looking, as befitting a ski resort. It has 5 hot tubs and a large swimming pool. This area is very nicely landscaped. There are also alot of BBQ's which many people used, Right outside the complex is the ski lift. In the summer they had the zip-line, alpine coaster, horse rides, trampolines, and bungee jumping. Music was playing and it made for a great time, especially for our teens.

The units were well-appointed and clean. There were LOTS of activities for all ages, but especially for young children. It looked like the kids were having a blast. We used the well-equipped exercise room alot and the kids used the pool tables. Staff was very friendly and helpful, although as a previous reviewer mentioned, they don't know too much about hiking or biking trails.

We ate out every night and had some good meals. We went to Adolphs, which was good, but pricey. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of our two favorites; if anyone is interested, they can contact me. We ate at these two restaurants more than once!

We liked our vacation at Mountainside so much we are going back to there this spring for some skiing!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Colleen T
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I always stay at ski in/out resorts for snowboarding trips and this resort was one of my favorites. We traded for a week in the two-bedroom villa and could not have been more satisfied with the resort. The ski valet is located next to the Payday lift, which is directly in the heart of the resort. The snow was unbelievable. I boarded six of the seven days at both the Canyons and Park City slopes.

The public transportation system was very convenient and a great way to access the restaurants located in downtown Park City. I recommend Shabu, which is a bit pricey but definitely a very good meal. It's possible to get around without a rental car but it would have made things easier transporting groceries back to the villa.

Everyone can't wait to get back for another trip. I definitely recommend this resort to anyone staying in Park City.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank chipboy07
Reviewed September 29, 2007

Stayed 2 nights in Mid-September at the Mountainside as a "nightly rental" guest. Although this is a vacation club (time share), you can rent as a hotel.

The room, once we wound through some lengthy & many turns hallway, was slightly larger than a normal hotel room. There was sink , small fridge and some cups/dishes in the room. The fridge was nice for cold drinks during our stay but it had not been defrosted in ages and we did have to find the ice machine on another floor near the laundry. Laundry is free, and on every other floor. The king size bed was very soft, but I guess some people like that, we did not. Our view was immediately to the side of the mountain (no view), so if that is important, request it up front. They do not guarantee that unless you are vacation club member, but worth the asking.

Since it is between seasons, it was overall very quiet, but the parking was stilled filled up. The garage is under the building and tight spots, hence their policy on large vehicles. One permit per room is what we were told. No problem, since you can take the free bus the is just across the courtyard/shopping area. The drivers can be great resource of info too. Get off at the transit center and you are immediately behind Main St or you can wait for the Main Street Trolley - also free.

It is at the bottom of the slope with chair lift right there. Summer activities were still happening - zip line, chair lift to top for hiking and mountain roller coaster too.

If you want to be in the midst of town, there is another Marriott Summit something that is on Main St. This is a few block away but in the midst of skiing activities.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family