I stayed at Black Bear in late March and must say I was extremely pleased. First thing I noticed when I arrived was how friendly and inviting the front desk staff was when I checked it. There was a little bit of a line, but they worked quick and even offered me a cup of hot chocolate while I waited!
When I got to my room, I was impressed. I stayed in a two bedroom on the 2nd floor. It was as my travel agent had described: Large with a rustic feel. I use the term “rustic” only because of the look the room had, the antler lights, chairs made of rawhide, and unfinished wood. The way a mountain lodge should be! Although, the feel was rustic the amenities were far from it. Private hot tub, Jacuzzi bath tubs, in-room washer/dryer, DVD player, free wifi and even surround sound!
Maid service was excellence, and my special demands were met with enthusiasm and speed. I asked for a blender for the kitchen and it was there within ten minutes. Also, when I asked about where to go grocery shopping the front desk asked for my list and had it taken care of. It was great to be able to go skiing and come back to a fully stocked fridge of cold beer.
My only complain would be the lack of an on-site restaurant, but the staff was willing to provide me with the menus of several local restaurants, place the order for me and deliver it to my room. So it really wasn’t that big of a deal. Other than that, it can get a little loud in the morning as folks walk on the wooden decks outside in their ski boots, but honestly it wasn’t anything more than any other place I’ve stayed during ski season. It just comes with the territory.
All in all, Black Bear was awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone considering Deer Valley for a vacation, did I mention the slopes are only 100 feet away! First Class!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its log exterior reminiscent of the grand old lodges of the American West, Black Bear Lodge is a favorite destination in Deer Valley Resort's Silver Lake Village. Located just across the street from the slopes, each unit features a fully equipped kitchen, living room with river rock gas fireplace, wireless internet access and private bathroom per bedroom. Many units also boast a private hot tub on the deck. Additional amenities include pool, common area hot tub, fitness room, business center, on-site front desk, daily housekeeping and local shuttle. Experience Wyndham Vacation Rental's outstanding customer service for yourself - from the time you make your reservation, to your arrival at the front desk, through your departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Bear Lodge Condos Hotel Park City
- Black Bear Hotel Condos
- Black Bear Lodge Park City, Utah