We just wanted to express our disappointment in the Black Bear Lodge. We have stayed at a lot of other upscale hotels in park city and deer valley and not once have we left early. This was the first time. It actually felt great to leave. My wife and I booked what we thought would be a relaxing getaway for this weekend only to be thoroughly disappointed in our choice. The cons of this weekend greatly outweighed the pros. Our rooms were about 80 degrees even though it was 50 degrees outside at night. Very uncomfortable. We even opened the windows thinking that it would help but it didn't. Our cable went out and we were only able to view 15 local channels which was very frustrating. We also purchased the room solely because it was advertised that there would be a private hot tub. We got there and the hot tub was empty and had parts inside it. I called and asked about it and was told that during the summer there is an extra charge for the hot tub for them to prep it. We weren't informed regarding that whole situation. Very frustrating. We then decided to go use the shared hot tub outside which we found to be pretty much disgusting. I actually cleaned it myself because even after I told the front desk about it, the day after it was still very dirty. When you are paying hundreds of dollars a night you expect to enjoy your stay and have things cleaned and taken care of. The list continues with the maid walking into our rooms while we were sleeping because nobody notified her that we were staying for the weekend. Good thing she didn't walk in on us dressing or anything else. Also we weren't provided a parking pass. The front desk called us on our second day to notify us that they forgot to include it with our check in packet, which leads me to another complaint. I have never had a more difficult time checking into a place than I had with Black Bear Lodge. We got there after work around 6 after the front desk had closed. When we looked at the map on the front door it said to go around the other way to enter after hours. That was locked too. We then went back to the front and had to call several numbers to finally figure out how to get in. Why don't people let you know how to check in if you are getting there late? Come on people. We actually had invited another couple to come stay with us for the weekend because we reserved the two bedroom lodge but they weren't able to make it. In retrospect I'm very glad that they didn't drive all the way up there for an experience like that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its log exterior reminiscent of the grand old lodges of the American West, Black Bear Lodge is a favorite destination in Deer Valley Resort's Silver Lake Village. Located just across the street from the slopes, each unit features a fully equipped kitchen, living room with river rock gas fireplace, wireless internet access and private bathroom per bedroom. Many units also boast a private hot tub on the deck. Additional amenities include pool, common area hot tub, fitness room, business center, on-site front desk, daily housekeeping and local shuttle. Experience Wyndham Vacation Rental's outstanding customer service for yourself - from the time you make your reservation, to your arrival at the front desk, through your departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Black Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Bear Lodge Condos Hotel Park City
- Black Bear Hotel Condos
- Black Bear Lodge Park City, Utah