“It doesn't get any better than this.”

Treasure Mountain Inn Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Seattle
“It doesn't get any better than this.”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

The owners (Thea and Andy) were incredibly hands-on, helpful and friendly. The location can't be beat (right in the heart of town) and the rooms were unbelievable. It was like I'd rented a well-furnished apartment for the night. My recently remodeled room faced the main drag and had a terrific view of town from the balcony. I wish I could live like that every day! As for the business meeting spaces -- very comfortable, and Thea herself cooked the meals we ate during the meeting (delicious).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank jonQpublix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York
Reviewed March 24, 2009

The Good
- Location is great. On Main St within walking distance of shopping, food and bars
- What you see is what you get. Rooms seen online are very similar to reality.
- Hot tub is very large and clean
- The floor in our studio was ice cold (bad) but they upgraded us to a 1br. No extra charge, no questions asked (very good)
- Free internet! Yeah!

The Bad
- Other comments about the "space cadet" nature of some of the employees are true. But when pressured to give real advice / suggestions..you can get information out of them.
- $10 for a lost room key. really?
- Bring your own soap. (picky, I know. but theirs is pretty bad)

The Ugly
- With the exception of the rooms, the hotel itself is not that nice. If you like a cozy lodge like feel with a nice bar to hang out, you will be disappointed. No frills and no charm.
- The smell. Kitty litter-box.

I would stay here again because of the location and nice rooms, but I would love to find something a little more charming.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank offtogreatplaces
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Just returned from an awesome Girls' weekend in Park City where myself and 7 friends had 4 rooms at the Treasure Mountain Inn. As many of the other reviews say, the Treasure Mountain Inn (TMI) has a great location right on Main street in the historic section of Park City. We all were very impressed with the rooms we had. We all had one bedroom condos and they all were very nicely decorated and clean - they looked recently redone. Now for the smell that so many other reviewers commented on - yes, there is a definite bad smell in the halls of the TMI. What my guess is that the TMI uses some sort of deodorizer on the hall floors (which are carpeted) to help disguise the mildew smell that they may have from all the snow that is tracked in. We didn't detect any smell in the rooms themselves, but most of the room is tiled. Now for the TMI staff - they are a bit odd - not very friendly - seemed kind of clone like or acted like space cadets. They weren't outright rude, but you certainly don't get the feeling that they will do back flips for you. When we asked for assistance regarding various locations in Park City, many of them seemed like they had no idea how to even get around Park City and they were not very eager to assist you. Yes, there are a number of rules that you have to abide by to which wasn't a big deal - but they really didn't present it very well when asking each of us to sign a contract agreeing to the rules otherwise there would be a $ 250 fine. My feeling is that they should have told us about their rules before charging our charge cards 60 days prior to our reservation. Also, don't loose your room key, or forget to turn it in, otherwise you will be charged a $ 35.00 fine. Would I stay at TMI again? That all depends. While the room rate for a 1 bedroom condo is very good compared to other locations in Park City - I'm not sure if I want to be handing my money over to not very customer friendly folks. I only would recommend TMI to friends with a warning of its downsides.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank Chapsbaby
toronto
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I have to admit that I was somewhat nervous staying here as I had read some prior negative reviews so I was wondering if I had made a mistake. Some positves about the hotel was they had asked if I wanted a shuttle return from Salt Lake city airport and I had indicated I had wanted that. We were picked up from the airport in a SUV with no other pickups with an excellent driver, He indicated to us that we had a package where we had services in the area to pick us up and take us home anywhere we wanted to go at no cost. I don't know what company it was but I would very very highly recommend them as their drivers were super nice and they even took us to the hills every morning even though one day we skiied Park City Mountain but they took us to base lodge at no extra cost. They also drive to the Canyons and took us to Deer Valley for 2 days with no charges. The drivers were excellennt and knew the areas and had great recommendations regarding ski hills and restaurants and shopping in the area. I would not have known about this package if not for the hotel.
Hotel stafff greated us and carried in our bags and ski equippment. Then upon check in was the large contract that you have to sign. A little off putting. Nothing extradonaire but basically if you don't sign it they won't talk to you. Doesn't bode well for customer relations. No ski locker but you can bring your skis to your room which seemed unusual for a ski hotel, but whatever. It coud dent the walls with skiis but we were careful. If you are loud or smoke they can evict you, but no big deal as we do neither. Also they hate noise for guests but falling asleep you do hear alot of noise. If you hate smoke their is no smoking on balconies or within the vacinty of the hotel., Could care less either way.
Room was very nice. Full kitchen but for 4 days we were not going to use it anyways. Suite was clean and very modern looking. Ok the smell. Not so noticeable till you get to the elevator and I was like wow this reminds me of my grandmothers apt. Looked in the hallway and it sort of also reminded me of my grandmothers apt. Walked around the hotel and parts of it were boutique. Hot tub area and restaurant bouique looking, hallways garage, balcony grandmothers apt. Kinda wierd as I had not thought about granny apt for a long time.
Grandmas smell does disappate quickly but as soon as you come back you smell it. Too be fair I think I smelled it other places in Park City. But when I came home and unpacked my bags def was that smell/
Everything worked fine in the room but it is the first ski hotel that I have ever stayed at that did not have even a gas fireplace. They have one in the lobby but I have stayed in much c heaper places and they always had fireplaces in the suites even if they were gas.
Restaurant for breakfast was great. Order the Sunshine Ray it is so good. They even gave me a free cup of take out coffee which was great. Service at the restarant is very good.
I realy had no issues with the staff They actually seem somewhat awkward in customer relations. I did not find them rude. Just not that outgoing and they have rules which are important to them as their are individually owned units and they want to make sure that they are taken care of well. I just felt that the staff or owners are not great with communication and not naturally friendly more awkaward than rude. If they really want to pursue the business they may need to take customer relations seminars but I don't think they are mean people.
The hot tub was warm and the towels were clean and good quality. Suite was cleaned every day so really I had nothing to complian about. The staff was not super friendly but once I signed the waivers they had nothing to do with us.
Bottom line. Would I stay here again. If I came with my kids I would likely stay at the Mariott at PCMR but if I came with just my husband and the price were similar I would atay here again. I would pay a bit more in coming years but if the prices were to increase alot I would look for somewhere else.
Also on check out day they had a fresh baked coffee cake availabe for guests which was good.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank thetripplanner5
Las vegas/Henderson
Reviewed March 5, 2009

TMI is the best !!! Best location right on Main St , Best rooms beautiful rooms I might add kitchens better than most homes, Best staff verry nice and accommodating willing to help. For those that gave this place a negative review I'm thinking you might not be fully happy anywhere . I read the reviews and went waiting for the worst and to my surprise this was one of the greatest stays I have had in a long time . I would say great the front desk with a smile where ever you go and the tone is set . Thanks TMI for a wonderful family stay . We will be back for sure .

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank 2fromLV
utah
Reviewed February 21, 2009

I stay at the Treasure Mountain Inn every year on my annual ski trip. The location is ideal if you like Main Street and all its offerings. It’s very central to the nightlife. The rooms are large, comfortable, and recently redone. This year, my room had a new king bed, large LCD TVs, and a swanky kitchen. They’ve been remodeling the entire hotel and it gets nicer every time I visit. I love the giant spa for an apres-ski soak. There are limited amenities on site, but who needs them with Main Street so close. The Morning Ray is the best breakfast in town. The staff are friendly and I see the same people year after year. I can’t think of anyplace I’d rather stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank jbrew72
Park City, Utah
Reviewed February 10, 2009

i stayed here durring their winter season and it was one of the best hotel experiences i have ever had! first of all, my room wasn't a 'room' it was a CONDO!!! i booked and payed for just a normal hotel room but i was upgraded to an AMAZING one bedrom unit that was nicer then my hourse! then, the staff treated me like family! i chatted up a storm with the front desk woman, who it turns out OWNS the place! it was nice to know that the owner gets down to the front lines so to speak. it was a very charming place, mush like the french quarter in New Orleans.
the location...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! perfectly at the top of everything so you could take a nice walk down the street and the free trolly ride back up. the front desk people were amazing with all kinds of info and help, i remember all of them cause they were all so great! Chris, Emily, and Peter!
there are a lot of rules, but i felt safer knowing that they HAD rules unlike other hotels that just let guests do whatever they want even if it makes other guests annoyed.
this was classy, friendly, AND AND AND there was an obvious care for the environment, everything was green friendly!
best trip ever!