This was our first stay in Park City. We are beginning to intermediate skiers. The location of these condos is excellent. We had a partial view of the ski slopes. If we looked sideways out from the window, we could see the slopes decently. Within the immediate resort complex, ski rental is available, ski valet slopeside and some shopping for ski accessories. Restaurant and bar choices are limited and inadequate. We searched for an indoor location for an evening cocktail to watch the bold after-dark skiers, and there is simply nothing available with a view.
On the plus side, these condos are easy walking distance to many lifts. We could start our ski adventure from Payday Lift, Crescent Lift, First-time Lift, 3 Kings Lift or Eagle Lift. We appreciated the variety of mountain access points available. You can easily return to the condo on Green (beginner) slopes.
We also took advantage of the free shuttle bus service to downtown Park City. Each night, the shuttle driver would drop us off at a restaurant or bar on Main Street. We would take his phone number and call him when we were ready for a ride back to our condo. The shuttle drivers were helpful, prompt and polite. This was much nicer than taking our own vehicle, driving on unfamiliar slippery roads and we did not have to worry about having a drink or two. I would recommend tipping well! They deserve it.
Our condo was clean and everything seemed functional. Keep in mind, these condos are OLD and they look it. I don't know when they were built, possibly early 1970's, and have not been updated much. Ours had a beautiful, but squeaky, dark hardwood floor and a gas fireplace that put out some major heat. The appliances must have been original to the condo. I am confident that the microwave and washer and dryer are definitely older than me. I should have taken photos because they were truly antiques.
Like many reviewers, we were expecting daily maid service but a maid never visited our condo. If they do not provide daily housekeeping, this should be more clearly spelled out. Daily housekeeping is a basic expectation and it's absence should be mentioned at the time of reservation.
Our biggest problem with the condo is that we faced the ice skating rink. Loud music plays ALL DAY!! The music was loud enough to easily be heard in the condo, even with the windows firmly closed. So much for a peaceful mountain vacation. Instead, I felt like I was stuck in an ice-cream truck all day. The music started mid-morning. I don't know the exact starting and stopping times. The music was always playing when we left for dinner and stopped by the time we returned. If it had continued later in the evening, this would have been a One-Star review.
I might stay her again but would ask for a room away from the skating rink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the base of Park City Mountain Resort beside the PayDay chairlift, you'll feel right at home in The Lodge's hotel rooms, studios, and 1-to-4-bedroom condominiums. With no detail spared, The Lodge's elegant slopeside condos have fully furnished kitchens, comfortable dining areas, and spacious living rooms - complete with cozy fireplaces and stunning mountain views. The Lodge's rooms truly are part of a mountain village, nearly all of them overlooking a charming centralized outdoor ice rink and its surrounding ski shops, restaurants, boutiques, and coffee shops. Known as "your place for family and friends," The Lodge caters to family gatherings both large and small, but also caters to business gatherings - boasting more than 7000 square feet of conference space, with some meeting rooms even having ski-in/ski-out access! Of course, just a half-mile away lies Park City's Historic Main Street with even more shops, restaurants, galleries, and nightlife. And both our concierge and on-demand shuttle are standing by to provide any additional services you may require during your stay. Please note that the pool will be out of service April 22 - June 15, 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At The Mountain Village Hotel Park City
- Lodge Mountain Village
- The Lodge At The Mountain Village By ASRL Park City, Utah