“Broken furniture..”

Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Broken furniture..”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We made a reservation in July for a Christmas ski vacation because we knew it was peak season. We paid for a "premium" 3 bedroom condo. We checked in on December 26, 2012. We walked into the condo and saw that one of the 2 living room chairs was broken. By broken I mean you couldnt sit in the chair or it would fall over backwards. The den window over looked the ice skating rink, great view but more than 1/2 the louvre's were missing. We didn't want to be held responsible for the damage so we reported it to the front desk right away, they were less than interested. After dinner we went to load the dishwasher and the nearly fell off as we opened it. again called front desk. 40 minutes later a someone from maintenance arrived. They said they needed to order a part but we could use the dishwasher just be careful with the door and it wouldn't fall off. With the "premium condo" we got a washer and dryer. Washer worked great but the dryer was a fire hazard. The screen on the lint basket was non existent.
I spoke to the hotel manager about unacceptable conditions and she was non apologetic. This was NOT a premium property by any means.
We booked this vacation months in advance and chose this property because it was highly recommended by All Seasons Resort Lodging. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Don S
GaryMGregg, General Manager at The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor, I was disappointed to hear of the troubles that you encountered with your room. I will make sure to share your thoughts with the entire staff and management staff. All Seasons Resort Lodging strives to deliver the best in customer service to each and every guest.

Gary M.Gregg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Arriving at the LODGE AT THE MOUNTAIN VILLAGE "ALL SEASONS RESORT LODGING" we had high expectations......Why? 1) Read good reviews 2) The price was close to 1,000 US a night 3) Park CIty Utah has a reputation for good service, great people, world class skiing and accommodations. Upon arriving we find out our reservation (made in OCT) was canceled for lack of response to an email (They gave us a total of 24 hours to respond. We didn't because we had been traveling for over 3 weeks and at that time we were in ZION NAT PARK which obvisouly has bad internet/cell phone reception). So we arrive and find out our reservation has been canceled...........but the people in the reception were so "nice" to find "another" room which was available ( not as nice but MORE expensive). The response that we got was........."you didn't respond within 24 hours and that is hotel policy". I explained I understood their policy and I apologize but "can you understand I was in ZNP out of reach" I said. The response was "sorry, hotel policy". FIRST BAD EXPERIENCE ( I thought they could have been a little more understanding and helpful and so opportunist)

We go in our room and everything appears "ok". They Furniture, appliances, rooms , etc. Nothing Special, nore bad. It is very cozy that I will say. A little noisy because we are litteraly facing the Ice Rink and all the crowds. Not too bad.

I couple days go by and its the 1st of January.......Woke up to an overflowing toilet. Yeah thats bad but it get worse. The sink, the toilet, even the bath tub start to overflow all at the same time and .........here it comes...............The water wasn't crystal clear, nor just a little grey. No you can literary see HUMAN FECES and what not overflowing the sink, the toilet, the tub all over the floor. NICE!!!!! Happy New Year right. This is around 830 am.

So I call the reception and the send a man by the name of Gerardo. Before I go any further I would like to point out that he was the NICEST, most helpful, apologetic of the whole staff. Hew did everything with in his means to resolve the situation and "anger control" with the costumers. Made me feel more at ease (after not getting response from Management).

He tried everything he could with the equipment and resources at his disposal. But couldn't fix it. So he called the professionals, with the right gear and tools. They show up about 3 hours later. Again sink, toilet, bathtub full of what I mentioned before. During that time I call the reception and asked to be moved to another room. And Im sure I was being very patient, polite and well mannered when I asked for such. Even though they had rooms available (because the lady "Natalie" was really nice and helpfull told me, they had other rooms available) the manager though it was a good idea. Im sure he has his reasons but he never shoed his face or called or nothing. VERY BAD IN MY POINT OF VIEW. THAT COULD OF MADE A WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE. I kept calling reception to se what the status of my situation was and always got a "Im looking into in I will get back to you as soon as I can with an answer". Never got a call....I was the one that had to call every time. Trying to be as patient as possible but like I said before SINK< TOILET< BATHTUB full of " " . So I can only wait so long before I get a little unpatient.

Around 1 PM the professionals come..............with a pump (noise), snake (messy) and other stuff Ive never seen. It took them about 2 hours to get everything cleared. NOISE, SMELL, WORKERS, MESS.

So its fixed............and its around 245 pm. Now someone has to clean it.

Gerardo felt so ashamed he started to clean it with what ever was at his disposal and tried his best. Than he made it a point to find the cleaning lady personally and bring her here.

I asked the cleaning crew if they had chlorine or some deep disinfectant. The sink, the toilet, the floor and again the tub was full of HUMAN FECES AND NOT MINE WHICH REALLY TAKES IT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. Am I wrong? She looked at me with a "blank on her face". We don"t have something like that but we have our regular cleaning products thats provided by the hotel. WOW !!!!!!!! Got me really thinking.

-The problem started around 830 AM. Didn't get resolved until 330 pm
-One whole day lost.
Cost of lift ticket $ 110
Time Spend waiting, around 7 hours
Incredible nice odor in the Condo for 7 hours
- Im not sure what their standards of cleaning/disinfecting products are but Im sure it doesn't measure to mine that I know now.
-Waiting for a call (at least) from management to "manage" the situation...............8 hours have gone by and still no call.
-I asked to be moved, decent thing to do. Not even that.
-Gerardo, which Im assuming has a low position (authority), was the most helpful apologetic out of anyone. In my experience with the hotel, he has a better vision of customer care, satisfaction, and loyalty than anyone here!!!! It still amazes me how workers can do such a good job with such TERRIBLE leadership.

I understand emergencies and unexpected situations arise. Im not really upset of the fact that I woke up to "foreign" Human feces on my bathroom floor, sink, toilet, and tub. Im not really bothered byt the fact that I spend a whole day waiting for this to be fixed and in doing so losing a whole day of skiing and $ ticket. I AM incredibly bothered by the way management handled the situation. Extremely unprofessional! Manager should always be attentive and responsive to any situation. Especially in high season! I am very bothered and incredibly scared at realizing that a cleaning product compared to Windex is sufficient enough for them to "CLEAN" HUMAN FECES. That to them was enough to truly disinfect a hotel bathroom.

Room Tip: If you want something that is quite, don't get a room facing the Ice skating rink.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank XavierCalderonXP
GaryMGregg, General Manager at The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I can understand the frustration of the situation in which you encountered the plumbing situation was in the hands of the HOA for the Lodge and was not a direct impact of All Seasons, however it appears that we fell short on your expectations even after visiting the room after the event. Nonetheless All Seasons Resort Lodging strives to deliver the best in guest service to each and every one of our visitors to Park City.

Gary Gregg,

Travelers are raving about these Park City hotels

Park City, Utah
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Got here and the room was a big disappointment!!!!!!
There is no ski in ski out.
The room is very small, will not be back here again.
Hope the slope are better; let you know the next time that I sign in.
But as it stay now it not worth the 5,000 that I spent come here.
Lied about have a two bed in are room.

Room Tip: Go to anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fred I
GaryMGregg, General Manager at The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I was disappointed to see that the Lodge at the Mountain Village did not meet your standards. The Lodge is located on the slopes of Park City Mountain and does offer an opportunity to ski/in and ski out. The lodge also has many different types, style, and sizes of rooms ranging from premium and standard accommodations in appearance and from 250 Sq.ft for our standard hotel size room up to over 1500 sq. ft for a 4 bedroom penthouse.

Nonetheless, I can fully understand your frustration when you feel you booked something that does not meet your expectations. The staff at All Seasons Resort Lodging strives to deliver the very best.

Warm Regards,

Utah, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I booked a room at a nearby hotel for our anniversary and finding the accommodations to be far less than satisfactory, we called at the Lodge to see about obtaining a superior room. John answered our call and from that point onward made it his personal mission to ensure our complete satisfaction. He not only booked us a room for the same rate, but the room itself was entirely above and beyond our expectations. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience thanks to John and the quality of the establishment itself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GaryMGregg, General Manager at The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your response concerning the lodge at the Mountain Village with All Season's Resort Lodging. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Park City.

Eagle Mountain, Utah
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Me and my wife had stayed dozens of times in Park city and have never had as good of experience as we did when we stayed at the Lodge. We originally were reserved to stay at the Carriage House but had stayed before there and were not pleased so I decided to call the Lodge and see if they had anything available. The front counter specialist Kara C. was by far the best help I have ever had in any hotel in the world and, I say this from experience of traveling multiple times a year for the Military. The rooms were very spacious and nice well kept and maintained and amenities were outstanding. We stayed there on a Friday night and left on Saturday on the way back home we decided to call and see if we could get another room for Saturday night so we could bring our kids up to Park City, once again Kara C. helped me and my wife out again with another room for the night with no trouble returned back that night within 2 hours and had a great experience with our family. I want to say a Special thanks to Kara C. and the Lodge at the Mountain in Park City for a great weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew F
GaryMGregg, General Manager at The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your outstanding review of the Lodge at the Mountain Village. I will make sure that Kara is aware of your comments.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently stayed here for 7 nights on business and found the location of this lodge to be centrally located to historic downtown. The lodge itself is stuck in the late 1970s and tends to be dark. The furniture is outdated and housekeeping is truly minimal. Coffee, soap, etc... was not replaced like a typical hotel. Decorating was outdated - we had a boombox and VHS tapes in our condo. The bed and pillows were quite uncomfortable. Given that we were off-season I would definitely stay somewhere else if I had a choice. The front desk persons were nice but not very helpful or knowledgeable. Generally the lodging could be improved greatly by a massive remodel and some maintenance. Most of the exercise equipment was broken which presents a huge liability risk for the place. There are missing dumbbells as well and I would never enter the pool or hot tub. Safe area though and I felt comfortable walking around the quiet grounds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dreamtravelreviewer
GaryMGregg, General Manager at The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I was disappointed to hear of your experience with the lodge at the mountain village. The lodge is a privately owned resort with each and every room individually owned. It is up to each owner on how they maintain the decor in their units. Since a room number was not provided I cannot comment on the specific room that you had. All Seasons Resort Lodging makes sure that each of our rented units are up to ASRL standards. I have also investigated the claim of fitness equipment not working or missing. The fitness room is run by the HOA and All equipment and weights are accounted for and no equipment is broken. I thank you for your comments and hope that we receive another opportunity to meet all your service needs.

Warm Regards,

Layton, Utah
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came for a visit to Park City over Labor Day and spent the night at "The Lodge". This hotel sits right at the base of Park City Ski Resort so you have walking access to the lifts, the alpine slide, the alpine coaster and other summer activites at the resort.

Luckily the temperature was only in the 80's and cooled off to the 50's at night or we would've baked in the room since there is no A/C. Definitely more of a winter hotel as A/C wouldn't be needed during the ski season.

We stayed in a one one bed room with a small kitchen that overall was spacious. The hallways and lobby are okay, not quite what I would expect for the "posh" and expense that is Park City. The pool is okay with two hot tubs and an indoor portion and outdoor portion. It is small though and got easily crowded. The water did seem a bit salty (don't really want to know what that was about) and we had to request more towels even though we were there in the morning.

I'd stay here again but never is the mid summer (PC is only about 10 degrees cooler than Salt Lake City which can frequently have triple digit temperatures during July and August) and I'd not pay more that $85 a night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GaryMGregg, General Manager at The Lodge at the Mountain Village by ASRL, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. As you can understand being at the base of the mountain we are fully equiped for the ski business and we hope you make it up here in the winter. With no A/C I can fully understand how this can be an incoveinence however as you stated the temperatures were comfortable during the day, this is typical year round.

Thanks again,