“I love staying at the Marriott in Park City.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park City Marriott

Park City Marriott
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Bountiful, Utah
“I love staying at the Marriott in Park City.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This was my second stay at Marriott Park City. The building itself is beautiful and clean, as are the rooms, but my favorite part is the comfortable beds. I love sleeping in Marriott beds. The staff are always courteous and helpful. We ate breakfast at the on-site restaurant, as it was part of our room package, and it was delicious.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
charlotte, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

My husband I stayed here recently and were pleased, for the price. The hotel is located in a nice area, within walking distance to several good restaurants. The lobby is cozy and tastefully decorated. The offer hot cider in the afternoon which is a nice touch, but there were never any trash cans around so there were often several, used styrofoam cups just sitting around on the tables that people had left behind. Eventually someone would come and pick them up, but they could have saved themselves the time and trouble by simply placing out a trash can for guests to deposit their used cups.

They offer a free shuttle to Deer Valley, Park City Mtn Resort, and Main Street which was nice. Just be sure to get your morning shuttle tickets at least 30 -45 minutes before the time you would like to leave. We didn't know about the shuttle tickets the first day we were there, so we ended up being late for our ski school lessons because we had to wait 30 minutes for the shuttle.

The Park City Grill located in the lobby had a great breakfast buffet for $14 or $15 which we thought was reasonable. The service in the grill was fast and the food was really good.

I would not consider this a luxury hotel at all, but it was reasonably priced for winter rates in Park City and the staff was very helpful. Everyone we talked to was extremely nice and helpful. They helped load our skis onto the shuttle each morning.

We had a standard King room and I thought it was very spacious for just the two of us. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The room was quite warm though, so at night I would have to turn the temp down to 65 in order to get the A/C blowing so we could get comfortable enough to fall asleep. It was weird turning on the a/c when the temps outside were in the teens. Another issue I had was when we turned on the fan/vent in the bathroom, we could smell cigarette smoke, as if a guest had been violating the no-smoking policy and smoking in the bathroom and running the vent to clear the smell. I started to call the front desk to ask if there was a filter in the vent that they could replace to help get rid of the smell, but I never got around to it. We just tried to remember not to turn on the fan.

We didn't spend much time in the room though, only to dress in the mornings and sleep at night so it was adequate. I read other reviews that said it's noisy and that's true. I could hear people walking above our room at night and one night I heard a screaming child in the distance. I was having trouble sleeping anyway bc of the time zone difference and these noises made it a little more difficult at times. Our room faced the inside atrium/pool area and one morning we could hear kids playing in the pool. It woke me up. It was somewhere between 630 and 7 am in the morning. I think that Marriott needs to implement a policy to restrict pool hours until at least 9 or 10 am. I would have appreciated a little more sleep before we hit the slopes that morning.

The hot tub was always crowded, sometimes by unattended kids. We were finally able to use the hot tub on our last night there though and it felt great. However we were in it for no more than 5-10 minutes when 6 more people showed up to use it, so we left at that point. We were then going to sit in the steam room since it was empty, but it smelled moldy and mildew, so we passed on that.

Overall we had a good stay. The skiing was great and the Marriott staff made great restaurant recommendations to us each night. The staff was exceptional, very friendly and helpful. We skied all day every day. We were only in our room to shower, dress, or sleep, so overall it was decent hotel. Nothing fancy but adequate for our needs.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank charlottemommy
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I went to stay at the Park City Marriott for the very first time this President's Day weekend with a friend to learn how to ski. When we arrived at the hotel after a long 4 hour flight we learned that we had accidentally made our online reservations for the wrong month! And to make matters worse, the hotel was overbooked!!

The desk staff and manager on duty were so sympathetic and helpful, they immediately found us a room for the night and said that they would do their best to either continue our stay if someone cancelled, or else they would find us other accomodations. They were SO nice and accomodating, and made what could have been a disatrous trip into a wonderful vacation!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott Park City for a wedding in Deer Valley recently--my mom, sister, and I shared a room.

POSITIVE:
Room size was adequate
Linens were clean and fresh and when more towels were requested they were brought immediately
Beds were comfortable.
Bathroom has a separate sink and vanity outside, allowing two people to get ready at once
We had room service both mornings for breakfast and it was quite good
Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful

NEGATIVES
The bathroom itself left quite a bit to be desired--the door was completely falling off the hinges and would not close
Our room was also on the 1st floor, which was a euphemism for basement. Seriously. We looked out into a window well and had virtually no natural light.
We could hear every footstep of the people above us.
We paid a fortune for the room because it was a holiday weekend in the height of ski season. The room wasn't worth it, but everywhere else was even more expensive and many hotels had 4-night minimums.

I probably wouldn't stay here again, but I would have to be prepared to pay quite a bit more for a better place.

NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Good:
1. price
2. jacuzzi and indoor pool
3. in Prospector Square with some good restaurants, walking distance
4. Friendly, helpful staff
Bad:
1. Shuttle to Park City Mountain. It is one van. Slots are limited. You have to get passes 30 minutes in advance of your departure time. If you don't, you will get assigned a shuttle 30 or more minutes later. So you show up at 8:30 to get on the shuttle, you wont get on until 9:00. Mountain opens at 9 so you miss out on some fresh tracks.

Getting picked up at PC Mountain happens at 4, 4:30 and 5. Again, one van. Expect to walk to the pick up point, wait in line, watch the van pull away full. Wait 30 minutes till they come back.

The hotel should try harder to get people to and from the mountain on busy weekends. Weak effort by management.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
san antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

This is the third time I've stayed at the Park City Marriott but the first time I've taken advantage of the Concierge level. The hotel is located near some very good restaurants such as Blind Dog, Trang Thai, and The Grub Steak. The hotel has their own shuttle to the ski areas and the free town trolley picks up right outside their door. The hotel is attractive with large comfortable rooms. The beds were not very comfortable but I've experienced worst. The breakfast, happy hour spread and dessert were very good in the Concierge lounge and the staff was friendly and helpful with advice about Park City. The only complaint I have is the hot tub did not appear very clean and smelled very strongly of chlorine. I would stay here again.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

On site ski rental was very convenient, and Park City has a free shuttle bus that took us everywhere we wanted to go. The Staff exceeded our wants and needs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family