“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Phoenix, AZ
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member and I have stayed over 700 nights at various Marriott properties. The service that I received from this hotel was outstanding and ranked in the top two in regards to service.

We stayed at this hotel for three nights.

Location: The location of the hotel was very good for us based upon our itinerary for our trip. We chose this hotel since it was the close to Heber City and the Provo Canyon area. There is a mall that is five miles from the hotel. It was a 35 minute drive from the SLC airport.

Front Desk Service: I have to give the front desk a good mark in regards to service. They were very helpful when I asked to find certain stores, etc.

Pool: It has an indoor pool. It is heated to 87 degrees. We used the pool every night during our stay. The pool is nice. Also, there is a hot tub and sauna.

Room: We had an executive suite on the fourth floor – the concierge floor. The size of the room was plenty large enough for two adults and a 4-YO. The closet was very large…probably the largest that I have seen in a room. Also, there was a coat rack on the wall which was very nice.

Bathroom: The size of the bathroom was large enough for two adults to be in there at the same time.
Room Desk: It has the standard Marriott desk and chair. There were outlets in the desk.

TV: The TV was a flat screen. There were ports for us to attach our digital cameras to review pictures that we took during the day.

Bed: It was very comfortable. It had luxury bedding.

Breakfast - Food: We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, Park City Grill, every morning. The breakfast selection and quality of the food for breakfast at Park City Grill was outstanding during our visit.

Breakfast – Service: The service was outstanding.

Dinner – Food: We had one dinner in the Park City Grill and the food was outstanding.

Dinner – Service: The service was outstanding.

Concierge Lounge: The service was outstanding. The snacks and desserts were good. Since most guests are there for leisure with their families instead of business, there were several games (chess, checkers, etc.) in the concierge lounge.

Parking: There is a parking in front of the hotel and parking below the hotel. The parking in front of the hotel is limited. We had no trouble find a spot to park every day (two nights parked in front and one night parked under the hotel).

Room Door - Noise: It didn’t bother us but you could hear noises from the hallway. The gap between the threshold on the floor and the bottom of door was larger than I have seen at most hotels. The gap was large enough that you could see if the lights were on in a room.

AC\Heat: The heat and air conditioning is individually controlled by a thermostat on the wall.

Value: We paid $ 94 a night plus taxes which we considered to be a good value especially since we were upgraded to an executive suite.

1 Thank ArizonaRoadWarrior

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I was the patron-to-be-feared the day of my proposed arrival at The Park City Marriott. My plan was to stay 3 nights, and I had gotten a very good online rate on the Marriott.com website. My first phonecall was to cancel the first night's reservation because my flight into Salt Lake had been cancelled. My second phone call was to inform the hotel that I miraculously got on a stand-by and could I re-instate myself at the good rate I had. That couldn't be done on the computer, as that rate was no longer availabale, but the manager was contacted, I was able to get my original rate. When I arrived at the Hotel, I was upgraded to the concierge floor (I think they felt sorry for me). When I went into the room, I saw that it looked out over a very unattractive construction area. So......I went down to the front desk and requested another room. I had requested a king bed and no king beds were available on the concierge floor, so I opted to just have a room anywhere. There were no king beds available except in a suite! So I was upgraded to a suite in a quiet area of the hotel with a better view. What a treat after spending all day in an airport and missing the first day of my vacation. Everyone at the hotel rocked the service from the front desk to the concierge to the bar tender to the wonderful roomservice guy. I loved my stay there.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My children and I absolutely LOVE staying at this hotel...it is the very very BEST place to go...and we always make SURE we have our next reservation booked there so that we do not get tooo sad when check out time comes...the facility is ahhhsome...it is great to have everything INside...with the weather being cold at times...you do not even need to leave the property...the restaurant is exceptional!!!
you will enjoy every minute of your stay

Alpine, Utah
Reviewed May 14, 2010

If you are looking for an inexpensive luxurious hotel in Park City, the Marriott on Sidewinder Dr. is the place to stay. The hotel is top notch. The staff is extremely friendly. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Bethesda,MD
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We stayed here in early spring and thought it was a good value hotel. Our room was on the same floor as the indoor pool--all we had to do was open our French doors and we were at the pool. Except, it could get quite noisy late in the afternoon when the pool gets busy. Moreover, we didn't have a view to the outside of the hotel. We were left guessing if it was snowing or not. Fortunately, Park City received at least a foot of fresh powder the few days were there.

Hotel was a short drive to Park City, Deer Valley, and The Canyons—very convenient.
Our only complaint was that our room's air conditioning unit kept leaking on the carpet despite the hotel's engineering staff daily repairs. We had already unpacked our clothes for several days and didn't want to pack and change rooms. For our inconvenience, they offered us a boxed lunch to take with us to the resort and vouchers for breakfast at their restaurant, both of which we declined because we preferred to eat at the resort. Staff was receptive to our needs, but their service was inefficient.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boise
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We had a hard time finding the hotel at night as the street to turn on didn't have the streetlights on. We had to move from our original room, as room 300 was in a direct line with the lobby and you could hear every conversation. A room toward the rear of the hotel took care of that problem, though if someone walked by talking it was easy to hear and you could hear the person in the room above walking across the floor. The room itself was beautiful and what they consider a queen bed looks more like a king. I found the bed very comfortable.

The nicest part of the hotel was the lounge, with very comfortable chairs and excellent service. The decorations throughout the hotel were beautiful in a "western ski lodge" design.

The breakfast buffet was very well stocked and service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Suffern, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Our vacation to the Marriott in Park City was excellent, The location and transportation to the ski area was perfect providing van service from the hotel in addition to public transportation. The service and staff were very professional and the hotel was very comfortable and inviting. Being greeted with warm cider after a long day of skiing was a true bonus. The kids enjoyed the pool and the little snack shop. We would love to come back to this Marriott. The decor fit with the theme of the area.

• Stayed March 2010