“Exceptional Marriott”
Review of Park City Marriott

Park City Marriott
Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed January 16, 2009

We chose the Marriott to use up some points so we weren't expecting too much. We've stayed in Marriotts before and they are pretty standard. A conscious effort to offer better service is what puts this Marriott in a class by itself . We were so impressed! The staff was always friendly, happy, and helpful. By the 2nd day they knew us by name. I never had to carry my own skis because there was always a bellman offering to help me. They even cleaned the snow off my car without my asking. Wow! The breakfast buffet was very good. I requested a room change because our room was on the street side and the traffic was loud. No problem, even though we were using points for most of our stay. The rooms were standard Marriott and were very clean...the entire hotel was! The ski shop was great (independently owned). Shuttle transportation was convenient. This Marriott is an example of good management and it shows.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2008

Stayed at the Park City Marriott in Sept 08 as part of a business trip to the Salt Lake City, UT area.

After a horrific experience in Ogden, I was in need of some TLC, and I got it at the Park City.

I had originally booked a regular room, but when I realized I'd mixed up my dates, I had to rebook for the Concierge Floor - which was worth the few extra dollars.

The Concierge level rooms were delightful - my room overlooked the pool courtyard, which probably would be quite noisy during peak season, but with windows closed, I didn't hear anything from the kids who were down there...and when I went down to use the pool and spa, it was lovely and VERY clean.

The room itself was wonderful, with high thread-count linens, higher-end amenities and the most incredibly comfortable bed and furnishings. Free WiFi access was available in the room and in the Concierge Lounge.

The Concierge Lounge was also a nice perk. Free appies, desserts and non-alcoholic bevs every evening, free continental breakfast in the am, and non-alcoholic drinks available all day, self-serve. I know I saved the cost of the upgrade one night when I stayed in and nibbled while working instead of going into Park City proper.

Had an awesome experience there, from check in to check out and would most happily stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I was at the Park City Marriott for a conference. Other than the conference attendees the place was quiet. The pool was in good shape but several of the work out machines had out of order signs on them. Employees were always friendly and the two story lobby was a nice place to hang out with the fireplace and their own Starbucks counter. There was free parking outside and free parking in the attached underground garage. The room was average for a Marriott and I did not get on the four floor that has its own lounge. Park City is a fun place even if there was no snow.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2008

My wife and I stayed in Park City for a golf tournament at Soldier Hollow in nearby Heber City. The hotel is a little off of the beaten path, but still a great location. We were a little disappointed when we got to our room to find that we were directly across from the elevator, but the corner room was worth the one loud group of guests. Our room was on the concierge level, and we were surprised to find the concierge lounge open on a weekend. The staff was great, lounge attendant awesome, but the hotel restaurant was lacking for a Marriott. We loved how our pre-arrival requests were followed to the 'T' for extra towels and toiletries.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I stayed here in Aug 08 for a business conference. I found the property to be clean, nice and very nicely furnished - a typical Mariott. The housekeeping staff is above average in it's attention to detail. The room was a good size on the first floor so no sounds came from the pool. The A/C worked well only if you set the temperature several degrees lower than you want. Aside from that - no complaints. As a conference venue - it was excellent. There aren't too many places to eat within walking distance, but a shuttle or car shouldn't make that a problem.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Meerkat92101
Reviewed July 2, 2008

We stopped here for 1 night on the drive from Bryce Canyon to Jackson. Being the low season, the price was great for a Marriott. The hotel was very nice and the rooms well appointed however there was one major problem that spoiled the stay completely. The aircon. for the whole hotel failed during the night and the rooms got very warm, such that it made sleeping very difficult. Not something you want when you have a long drive the next day. Hotel staff were apologetic and offered a free breakfast the next day but the bottom line is that the aircon. shouln't fail at a 4 star + hotel.

On the assumption the aircon. is working properly, then this would be a very nice place to spend a couple of nights, especially for the price we paid.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WombatTraveller
Reviewed May 4, 2008

The negatives......concierge level club room is a major disappointment.
breakfast is terrible,is way too small .
rooms can overlook indoor pool and atrium which makes them noisy and not very nice as you only look at other rooms.
the main bar is average as is the main restaurant
location requires car to access ski fields or shopping at Redstone or dining out although there are some restaurants close by.

the positives.....the STAFF

if it wasn't for the wonderful young people who work at this Hotel the stay would have been terrible.

Notably Devan in the Concierge Club and Louda......there were others but if you stay at the hotel you will understand what i mean.

and make sure you eat at "Hapa Grill" at Redstone.....a real hidden gem!!!

Sports Authority nearby also sell discounted lift tickets as do Smiths at Redstone.

Would i stay again......NO