“Staff made it special”
Review of Park City Marriott

Park City Marriott
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My trip to Park City and my stay at this hotel were made special by the most friendly pleasant staff I've ever encountered and the wonderful food at the hotel restaurant. The property itself is well located, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and loved having Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marsha D

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Marriott was your typical Marriott with just a little ski resort lobby charm. I was expecting more resort touches in the room. I am not knocking it in any way, just don't expect when you go on your ski vacation to feel like you are in a chalet resort. Beds were comfy, rooms were clean and spacious. If you don't like to stay far from an elevator, make sure you ask for that. I was quite far and it was farther than usual. Had some pretty good food at the restaurant with great service. I would stay here again, but would hope my platinum status would get me a better view next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Granted it was off season. First room they put me in had no external window - seriously. Then they moved me to a nice room on Concierge floor although Concierge is closed, presumably for renovation. Unfortunately Marriott along with other hotels have gone to the pouch coffee system (easier to clean, I'm sure) so the coffee is a bit sketchy but they have a Starbucks kiosk in lobby.
Decent restaurants in area. The bummer was no hot water in the morning and I am not kidding. They offered to let me use a bath on the third floor but what the heck? The offered compensation of many Marriott points - Did Not Deliver.
Manager was horrified and apologetic but come on!

Room Tip: ask for an exterior room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Idahotraveler88
Reviewed May 31, 2013

sent us to the Mariott on Sidewinder Drive. We had told her we were looking for something a bit less expensive than the $700 a night prices we were seeing for in town hotels. Turns out the Marriott is the place to stay. A lovely hotel within a 5 minute drive to the main Street of Park City. Very nicely furnished and comfortable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveNewAdventures
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had a great room which was very clean. Overlooked the pool which was noisy until about 10 pm.
Close to restaurants and park city shopping but you need a car. I will be staying there again this fall. Appears to be a good family hotel.

Room Tip: Summer and fall is a good time visit
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Spent 3 nights here with my wife at the beginning of Feb 2013. The price was a little expensive, but we were in peak ski season in Park City. We were in Park City to go skiing. We got to the hotel around 10:30AM and asked if our room was available. Fortunately, they were able to locate a room for us. We were given room 316. Even though our room was technically on the third floor, it is just one floor up from the lobby. The first floor is underground/parking garage. Check in was fast. Complimentary parking is available outside the hotel, which fills up fast, underground, and across the street. We asked about the bus to the ski resorts, and they told us that the hotel had a private shuttle bus (you just needed to sign up), as well as the Park City bus (which is free) that stops right infront of the hotel. There are actually 3 buses that stop infront of the hotel. The 5 Yellow / Prospector Express bus services Deer Valley Inn, 1 Red / Prospector Route bus services Park City Mountain Resort and the 6 Lime / Canyons Route bus services Canyons Ski Resort. All buses go to the Old Town Transit Center where Main Street is. There is also a ski shop in the lobby as well as ski storage. There is also a small gift shop and Starbucks in the lobby. The room had a king size bed, a sofa chair with a small table, a desk area, flat screen TV and a mini-fridge. My wife and I enjoyed the free cider/cider with rum and cookies they had in the lobby around 4PM-5PM. This was a great way to warm up after a day of skiing. One big let down was that wifi access was not free. There is a 7-Eleven down the block. Our room did not include breakfast, but we found a bagel place, Einstein Bros Bagels that was 2 minutes away by car or a 5-10 minute walk. During checkout, we checked the bill that was slipped under our door, and saw that we had been charged $5.00 for drinking the water bottles in the room, even though we never touched it. Went to the front desk and they were able to immediately remove the charge, so check your bill before check-out. Overall a really good stay, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JR_in_NYC
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After my stay a year prior, I wrote a glowing review titled "Hotel Awesomeness" but this time around, perhaps the result of the hotel being more full, discovered that not all rooms are created equal. Whereas on my last stay, I had an outside-facing room with a small balcony, this time it faced a very unappealing inner courtyard area. The other end of it around the pool may be more desirable, but our view was of nothing more than other rooms that seemed they were just about a dozen feet away in the narrow corridor of this courtyard that really served no purpose other than to make it practical for the hotel design to offer "inside-facing" rooms.

Located in the Prospector Square area of Park City, it's not walking distance to Main Street and isn't slope-side at any of the three local resorts, BUT, as it's centrally located and is really ideal -- as Main Street or any of the resorts is just a short ride away on either the Marriott's complimentary shuttle that departs every half hour or on the free town bus that picks up and drops off right at the Marriott several times each hour.

The larger part of the inside courtyard features a very pleasant indoor pool. The hotel also offers one level of free underground parking, though navigating it is a little challenging. The rooms are typical Marriott rooms that are well-furnished with comfortable beds, big televisions and nice bathrooms, though aren't exactly spacious.

There were a few disappointing things such as the phone on the desk that didn't work. Housekeeping had pluses and minuses. Upon arrival, a large reusable claim-check for a ski-check or ski locker laid on the floor near the window, making it clear that the area was never vacuumed. On the other hand, during our stay, the housekeepers took the time to fold clothes that were accidentally left on the bed, which was a nice touch. The evening service in which they stop in an leave candies happens inconsistently, and when they did, they left the candy but didn't turn down the bed. Honestly, they could probably just skip that service.

The staff and service are excellent, with their courteous "no problem" attitude. The concierge lounge is very well stocked and puts out a nice spread for breakfast and in early evening and it's constantly replenished.

Room Tip: 1. Concierge level; 2. Outside-facing; 3. Balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Paul_ChristensenGM, General Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with The Park City Marriott. We are proud of our staff and will share your compliments with our them. We are pleased to let you know that we are scheduled for renovations this summer and will be improving areas through out the hotel to allow our guests the experience they deserve at the Park City Marriott. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Bill Ripple, General Manager