“Sundance Central” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park City Marriott

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park City Marriott
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Toronto
“Sundance Central”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Unlike many travellers who stay at the Marriott Park City, I was there for business. Admittedly it was for the Sundance Film Festival.

Thus prefaced, Marriott Park City is THE spot to stay during Sundance, if you don't mind paying $500+ a night (let's hope you can expense that, as I did). That's right 500+ a night, plus you have to pay extra for wifi. And the room service was ungodly.

But, the morning breakfast buffet was pretty great, and best of all, the Sundance Press and Industry centre is located IN the hotel, so you can get up early and snag tickets while everyone else is riding the shuttle with a hangover, to your door step. Additional plus for industry Sundance visitors for this hotel is its proximity to both the Eccles, where many many big screenings occur, and a short walk to the main P&I screening venue. What it's not close to is the main street, that's a 20 minute walk or $10 cab ride.

So, this review is biased towards Sundance, but like I said, if you can write off a stay here for the festival week, you will be well situated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy H
Paul_ChristensenGM, General Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the Sundance Film Festival and that the hotel was a large part of that. I apologize for any issues with room service and hope that a stay with us in the future will allow us to show you that this is not consistent with the standards we have set the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your Sundance experience, we value you as a guest at The Park City Marriott and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is a nice Marriott located about one mile from Park City Center. The parking is absolutely terrible, plan to drop your bags and passengers before looking for a parking spot.

My wife was given the third degree while checking in because I did not arrive with her. The desk clerk was very rude and made my wife wait while he decided if he could check her in without me even though she also has a Marriott Reward credit card. She nearly checked out and went to another hotel. We travel constantly and I don't think she will ever go back to this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
After reviewing your comments on your experiences here at the Park City Marriott, I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff. We are reviewing your comments with the appropriate management and staff so that we may immediately improve all guest experiences. We understand your frustration and that there is never any excuse for us to respond and treat our guests in a way that does not allow them to feel respected and valued. Please accept our apologies that what you experienced certainly did not meet your Park City Marriott standards or our own.
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here recently for a conference. The staff was great--people were friendly and helpful. They had a nice reception each afternoon with hot cider in the lobby. We tried checking in early--I'm a Marriott Silver member and had requested an early check-in online a few days prior. Arrived at 9am, and my room was not available until 3. Had also requested a room far from the elevators on an upper floor. Was basically right next to the public bathrooms available on that floor and close to the elevators. The hotel is very noisy (lots of foot traffic noise), and this didn't help.

The rooms were pretty standard Marriott rooms. Nothing stands out. Internet is not included. Doubt the views from any room are very nice.

Restaurants: went for lunch one day--limited menu, nothing very good. Breakfast brunch another day, which was pretty decent. Service was good for brunch.

Location: so the hotel is neither on the slopes or downtown. Kind of in a strange location, walking distance of a couple restaurants not on anyone's Top 10 list. The hotel is not very attractive from the road. Hotel did provide shuttle service to the slopes each day. Bus service ran right next to the hotel as well.

Overall, I think the staff was trying hard to provide good service, but I would not stay here again if I had another option.

Room Tip: I would try to get on the concierge level--we heard the floor above us constantly.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DoctorsK
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences here at The Park City Marriott. While I was pleased to read that there are many areas of service, I apologize that there are other areas that you felt had missed the mark. We will continue to use guest feedback including yours to improve the overall guest experience so that all guests will leave feeling renewed and refreshed at The Park City Marriott.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staying here for 2 nights and paying $350 a night for a double room with a view and the noise of the parking lot is not making me come back to this hotel.
The rooms are very out dated and the bathrooms are from the 70's with the hair from the previous guests still in the bathtub and the sink!! The rooms are very noisy so you can hear everything from the guests next door. I had access to the concierge floor and to the drinks and small bites and I went once to have a big disappointment this facility is not worth paying extra.
I have said it before; Marriott what are you doing with your brand and image.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Reeijm
Crozet, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

There are some very friendly and helpful people who work in this hotel, especially the folks behind the bell hop/concierge desk, the excellent staff in the ski shop, and the personable shuttle drivers. However, I think Marriott ought to rename this property something that indicates a lower overall threshold of quality (Budget Marriott), lower the room rate, and make it clear up front that the location is neither scenic (our balcony overlooked something akin to an industrial park) nor close to the ski resorts, the bar and restaurant uninteresting, the walls thin, and the king-sized beds have abdicated to tiny queens in many rooms. Simply put, this hotel does not live up to the Marriott name.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank P513
On behalf of my staff, we are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I am always pleased to see that our staff has extended the warm hand of hospitality during your stay. We apologize that our hotel missed the mark on other expectations. The bed types we have in rooms meet the Marriott standards and our hotel goes through many audits to ensure that we are meeting the Marriott standard of quality accommodations. I am pleased to let you know that we are scheduled for a remodel and updates in many areas of the hotel. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we might show you all the new updates and features here at the Park City Marriott.
Rising Sun, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was nothing like I was familiar with for a Marriott. The room was clean and that is about all I can say good. I did not feel comfortable in any way here. Starbucks in the lobby and a restaurant also, neither a good value for what it is. Entire week was uncomfortable staying there, The two young men in management working the evening shift were very nice, can't say the same for the lady during day. She all but called me a liar. When traveling out there for business again I will stay down the mountain at the Residence Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood and make the drive from there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dlb620
I regret to read about your recent experience at our The Park City Marriott. We are now in the process of reviewing with our Management team ways to make improvements and providing a relaxing and comfortable stay. Please accept our apologies that what you experienced did not meet your standards or our own. I would like to discuss with you in detail your experiences so that we can see what we can improve. I hope you will reconsider a stay with us again in the future at The Park City Marriott.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Marriott is usually such a great chain hotel. I'm stay here for business. The conference rooms are fine. The hotel rooms are spacious and clean. However, the walls must be made of paper. I could hear people walking in the room upstairs. I could hear the emails coming in to the room next to me. I could hear all the doors shutting. I could hear everything!! Not happy about that. Didn't get much sleep. Given the choice I would not return.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing your stay while staying with is at The Park City Marriott. Feedback is appreciated as it helps us focus on the areas that need improvement. I was pleased to see that you were able to enjoy the cleanliness and size of the rooms. I know how frustrating it is to hear the people above you, especially when you are on vacation. As a valued guest of ours, I am deeply sorry for this inconvenience and having it affect your stay here with us at the Park City Marriott.