“Marri-NOT”
Review of Park City Marriott

Park City Marriott
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed February 24, 2013

There are some very friendly and helpful people who work in this hotel, especially the folks behind the bell hop/concierge desk, the excellent staff in the ski shop, and the personable shuttle drivers. However, I think Marriott ought to rename this property something that indicates a lower overall threshold of quality (Budget Marriott), lower the room rate, and make it clear up front that the location is neither scenic (our balcony overlooked something akin to an industrial park) nor close to the ski resorts, the bar and restaurant uninteresting, the walls thin, and the king-sized beds have abdicated to tiny queens in many rooms. Simply put, this hotel does not live up to the Marriott name.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank P513
Paul_ChristensenGM, General Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

On behalf of my staff, we are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I am always pleased to see that our staff has extended the warm hand of hospitality during your stay. We apologize that our hotel missed the mark on other expectations. The bed types we have in rooms meet the Marriott standards and our hotel goes through many audits to ensure that we are meeting the Marriott standard of quality accommodations. I am pleased to let you know that we are scheduled for a remodel and updates in many areas of the hotel. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we might show you all the new updates and features here at the Park City Marriott.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was nothing like I was familiar with for a Marriott. The room was clean and that is about all I can say good. I did not feel comfortable in any way here. Starbucks in the lobby and a restaurant also, neither a good value for what it is. Entire week was uncomfortable staying there, The two young men in management working the evening shift were very nice, can't say the same for the lady during day. She all but called me a liar. When traveling out there for business again I will stay down the mountain at the Residence Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood and make the drive from there!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dlb620

I regret to read about your recent experience at our The Park City Marriott. We are now in the process of reviewing with our Management team ways to make improvements and providing a relaxing and comfortable stay. Please accept our apologies that what you experienced did not meet your standards or our own. I would like to discuss with you in detail your experiences so that we can see what we can improve. I hope you will reconsider a stay with us again in the future at The Park City Marriott.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Marriott is usually such a great chain hotel. I'm stay here for business. The conference rooms are fine. The hotel rooms are spacious and clean. However, the walls must be made of paper. I could hear people walking in the room upstairs. I could hear the emails coming in to the room next to me. I could hear all the doors shutting. I could hear everything!! Not happy about that. Didn't get much sleep. Given the choice I would not return.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay while staying with is at The Park City Marriott. Feedback is appreciated as it helps us focus on the areas that need improvement. I was pleased to see that you were able to enjoy the cleanliness and size of the rooms. I know how frustrating it is to hear the people above you, especially when you are on vacation. As a valued guest of ours, I am deeply sorry for this inconvenience and having it affect your stay here with us at the Park City Marriott.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I believe this hotel used to be owned by another company about 22 years ago, and it's probably one of the oldest Marriott's I've ever stayed at. Our room was very spacious and clean, but older. The check in area was so small, you'd think you were staying at a Motel 6. The room was quiet and satisfactory, but I didn't feel we were at a Marriott. The price we paid was a lot for the old property. It's fine to stay at, but don't expect your typical modernized Marriott, because you won't get it. Even the front desk clerks weren't professional like those you find in your typical Marriott. I'd only stay here again if the price was less than $80.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dotSaltLakeCity

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at the Park City Marriott. Guest feedback is vital to our success. Your experiences have been shared with all those that are responsible for making sure our guests are comfortable and happy. We are striving to work on providing guests with an experience that is relaxing and enjoyable. I am pleased to let you know that we are currently scheduled to remodel and update much of the hotel starting in the summer. I hope you consider staying with us again in the future so that we might show you all the new updates and features. Please contact me if I might assist in any way on your next visit at the Park City Marriott.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at several hotels in park city and while this definitely wasn't my favorite - it wasn't the worst. We stayed here during the Sundance film festival for work, so the hotel was packed. The rooms were fine - pretty clean - but there were some small areas that were over looked in my room. Nothing major - but it looked like the door knobs had grime on and around them and one of my towels had stains - for the most part everything else was fine. My only two complaints were that the staff seemed completely overwhelmed. There was always a long line to talk to them, and also the phone in my room did not work. It actually disconnected me from a couple calls AND I never got a wake up call I ordered because the phone wasn't working. Overall it just seemed like the hotel was too crowded and way understaffed. They must have underestimated the Sundance crowd.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank September221976
Paul_ChristensenGM, General Manager at Park City Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

We are pleased to read that you had an overall positive experience at The Park City Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to share with us where we were able to exceed your expectations and the areas where we missed the mark. We apologize for any experience where you were not treated with the respect you deserve as a valued customer. We look forward to serving you again as a guest at Park City Marriott.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have just completed a round world trip to catch up with family and friends. This hotel was recommended by my cousin who often stays in Marriott properties. It is located about a mile out of the Main St entertainment area, but the city lays on free buses to town and a shuttle for the ski slopes is provided by the hotel. This is a cosy little hotel, well appointed without being over the top. We had a room on the concierge level and it was very comfortable and clean. The lobby was decorated for the festive seaon and guests were enjoying drinks around the open fire. Staff were great. Nothing to much trouble for them and they made my wifes first visit to the snow and to a white Christmas very memorable.

Room Tip: Get a concierge lavel room. They are quieter. It's worth the extra few bucks
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Park City Marriott. We are thrilled that our staff and property exceeded your expectations and allowed you to relax and enjoy your ski trip. On behalf of the entire team here at Park City Marriott, we look forward to your return visit and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I gave this resort a 3 star for a couple reasons. First, there is limited parking. The first night I arrived I had to park across the street in a private business parking lot and hope that my car wasn't ticketed or towed. Secondly, the rooms were average. I got the double queen after I reserved a king which was annoying. I hardly doubt these beds were a queen, they looked more like a twin. The first queen I went to sleep in had a worn out mattress that felt like I was falling in a hole. So I went to the other bed and it was the same. The pillows were very small, worn out and cheap. I came to park city on a ski trip and after the first night of sleeping in this resort's bed I felt like someone kicked me in the ribs a dozen times. After my day of skiing I go to rest my body in this bed and I'm waking up all night with a sore back and ribs from lying in the divet in the bed. For $200 a night this is unacceptable. I've stayed in hotels for $50 a night with better mattresses than the room I got at this resort. Its to bad because everything else at the resort is great.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank nvdsl99

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Park City Marriott. We can understand your disappointment in having your stay not meet your expectations. We value you as a guest, and look forward to a future opportunity where we might show you that your experience was unusual and inconsistent with the high standards we set for ourselves at the Park City Marriott.