“I suppose I expect more when staying at a Marriott”
Review of Park City Marriott

Park City Marriott
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Antimony, Utah
“I suppose I expect more when staying at a Marriott”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My Partner and I decided to book a room for one night to get out of Salt Lake City. Being a Silver Elite member of Marriott I expect the hotels to be modern and updated. First, this particular Marriott is in a really odd part of town and away from most everything. I understand there may have a free shuttle and you will need it. The walk to Park City Main Street would be quite an adventure.

Upon arriving we were greeted with smiles and check in was easy. The lobby was nice but could certainly use an update. The room was really large and looked nice until you really started to look around. The window was missing a screen so we could not leave the window open, the carpet was warped and tired looking, the duvet cover torn and although most people may not notice, the light fixture in the bathroom did not have the proper bulbs and one was out.

The bed was super comfortable as in most all Marriott's and the pillows nice. We were ready to settle in and watch a movie in the room until we noticed the price. $17.00 for a movie?? Come on! I loved the large HD flat screen TV and mini fridge, although unlike many other hotels it was empty. Good to place a bottle of wine or beer but you have to supply yourself.

We went to the Cafe for breakfast buffet in the morning and it was ok. The service was prompt and our server John as well as the Manager were very attentative.

I don't think I will return to this hotel. I would pay slightly more and stay at the Marriott Summit Watch or Marriott MountainSide Villas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here during a conference, and generally had a good experience. There was a snafu at check-in with a promotion run by the town of Park City, so they upgraded me (without my even asking) to an executive suite -- a nice touch, and a great spacious room, complete with mini-fridge (one of the best hotel amenities). There are lots of interior rooms that face the swimming pool, and those can be loud and don't have great views -- so if you're going to stay here, I'd suggest that you request an upper floor with a mountain view. If you get that kind of room, then there's quite a lot to like about this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed September 2, 2011

You are at a great location, free shuttle into town, right next to all the rides for the kids, restaurants, and a nice wak to the Starbucks!! Great place!! Very quiet at night backing up to the mountains.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here and the noise above me sounded like a heard of cattle. Also,the hallway noise sounded like the people were in my room.
About 11 pm I called the front desk to see what they could do about all the shuffling upstairs. They said that they would call. It took about an hour to 45 minutes for the noise to calm down but never was gone. The Walls must be paper-thin.

I also had bites on my ankles the next day. I wore shoe and socks so I am afraid I got the bites in the room. I am not sure if pets are allowed.

The Front Desk was apologetic but I really could have used a quiet night of sleep before my busy business day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed at the Park City Marriott for a quick retreat before the hustle and bustle of a family wedding. This hotel is a great property that is well maintained. It is located in the Prospector Square area which is away from the activity and main street area - a plus if you want a little peace and quite.

Are room was average size, had a small balcony with a decent view. The bathrooms were nice with two sinks, one inside the bathroom and one out which helps the family get ready quicker. The rooms are very quiet from outside noise but we could hear the people above us walking around. This hotel is also built around an indoor courtyard with the pool area in the middle which could possibly be noise if the pool area was busy.

This is a 4 story hotel - be a little cautious about rooms located on the first floor as they are partly underground. There is covered parking which would be nice for cold winter stays.

We found the staff friendly and helpful. Furnishing were nice and well maintained.

Overall this was a great place to stay - Marriott quality all the way.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms - lower floor rooms partially below street level.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Lodged at Marriott Park City for a conference. Staff are friendly and professional. I was offered water at check-in, nice touch. Restaurant has decent food and is reasonably priced.

Room was updated and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Front desk person was very knowledgable and helpful. We were so tired from our long trip and they gave us a very comfortable and quiet room. A lot of good restaurants around the area but the hotel restaurant where we had our diiner was excellent and reasonably priced. The staff were all friendly which made for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple