“Fascination look at how the Winter Olympics operate”
Review of Utah Olympic Park

and up
Park City Tour
Ranked #2 of 96 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Park is used for competitions and year-round training for athletes.
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Just off I-80 and the Park City exit is the Utah Olympic Park. We weren't sure how interesting this would be for us since we aren't huge winter sports enthusiasts but we really enjoyed our time here.

You can actually see the ski jump, bobsled, luge, skeleton tracks and museum for free if you are willing to make a long hike up many large hills. A better option is to pay $7/pp for a guided tour on a bus that makes several stops at the major sites and lasts about an hour.

Our guide was really good and explained many details of each winter sport, so we were able to better understand what we were seeing. The highlight for me was being able to see the bottom and top of the ski jump. Our guide kept pointing out how safe ski jumping actually was but you can decide for yourself when you are at the top of the ski jump.

As an added bonus, we got to see the US freestyle ski team practice. Since it was September, they were doing their flips off a wet ramp into a pool on skis! Really interesting!

The two museums are also well done. The museum on the top floor has many nice displays about the Salt Lake Winter games including actual medals from the games. The museum on the bottom floor is a ski museum, which is an interesting look at the history of skiing and ski area development in Utah.

To see all of this, it took about 2 to 3 hours and was well worth the time.

2  Thank Jason P

Reviewed August 9, 2009

I had to write a review about the experience my wife and daughter (15) had this past week at the Park City Olympic Park Bobsled ride. Now, for the disclaimers... my wife and daughter LOVE roller coasters... me? Well, I'm too scared... but, somehow in spirit of vacation... I agreed to join them on the bobsled ride in Park City... oh my world... a minute of sheer intensity... I can not say I was scared... the experience was well beyond that... terror you say? Nope, terror has a somewhat slow motion feel to it... this ride... calling it a ride is a stretch mind you... let me say the "experience" was something that not everyone should go through... it is the fastest minute and bumping, holding on for your life... noise and experiencing the 4+ forces of gravity... if I had read the reviews... wow, what a story to tell people... but you will not catch any of us on the bob sled ever again... I have such respect for the bobsled drivers... how in the heck do they stay in control to steer the sled... when in Park City (less than an hour outside of Salt Lake City)... you have to go and see the park...

2  Thank scottinpa
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Most of the reviews talked about the park in summer, I wanted to let people know it was still a great place to go in the winter. Our family was looking for a break from skiing so decided to try a tour. We were so happy that we did. The exhibits were really interesting. But the tour was definately worth the price. They showed you where the events were held, the tour guide was very informative. He kept our interest and explained a lot. We even got to see some young olympic hopefulls! We didn't have a car so took the free bus transportation. Although we did have to change buses, it was really easy. They have the bus system down to a science! I would recommend that anyone going to Utah go see the Park!

Reviewed February 15, 2009

My wife got scared on this zip line because it was not like the one she did in Mexico. She thought it was going to be like a canopy tour where you go horizontally from one mountain to another mountain. However, that was not the case. This zip line goes straight down. I loved every second of it. My wife on the other hand thought she was going to die on it. The staff here was very friendly. I highly recommend this activity if you are an adventurous person.

2  Thank hi_maint_couple
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I visited the Utah Olympic Park this past summer and had a blast! I went for a water ramping camp and would highly recommend anyone interested in freestyle skiing or snowboarding to check out the axis freeride camps. I unfortunately fell, got a concussion and broke my arm my first day but can't wait to go back next summer.

2  Thank girlpilot