“Lots of fun but ideal for older Kids”
Review of Utah Olympic Park

and up
Park City Tour
Ranked #2 of 96 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Park is used for competitions and year-round training for athletes.
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We took my 10 year old daughter and two 6 year olds to the Utah Olympic park July 24, while I was in deer valley for a conference. Watching the skiers practice their aerial techniques into the pool was the highlight of the afternoon for the girls. The two 6 year olds were too small to do most of the really fun rides which was really disappointing. We were able to do one of the obstacle courses which my
Girls thought was great but my 6 year old niece became very scared and wanted to get off of it but there was no easy way out. Finally we flagged a staff member who had to get a ladder and get my niece down. It was also very busy at the park that day with multiple
Baseball
Teams visiting so the waits for the bigger rides were 1-2 hours we were told. The Olympic museum is really great. A good place to visit but best with older kids or adventurous adults.

1  Thank Julie M

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Yes! There are so many family friendly activities to either watch or participate in. Pricing is reasonable compared to a Disney park but plan to spend time climbing the ropes course, ziplining, ski jumping, rock wall climbing...My daughter (17) & I (48) stopped in briefly w/ the intent to ride the bobsled. At $75/ person it is pricey. Go into the visitors center at the entrance to Olympic Park to get a coupon for $15 off. After watching a brief safety video & signing all kinds of waivers, a shuttle bus drives you to the top of the bobsled run where you are fitted w/ a helmet and have the opportunity to snap a few pics. More warnings are given on intensity of ride & how to position your body in the sled to prevent injury. You are given the option to back out. As thrill seekers we were pumped choosing position 4 (most aggressive) & 3 respectively in a 4 person sled. After the crew pushed us off we went through a very fast series of turns with minimal rattling and shaking. It was over in 1 minute 2 seconds. Was $120 worth 60 seconds of fun? You be the judge. Glad we did it to check off the bucket list but would be hard pressed shelling out the cash again for a second spin.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We bought the pass for my two kids (15, 18) so they can go on the rides. The did the extreme ziplines, the alpine slide, the obstacle course, the rope jump, etc and had a great time. We didn't have to pay, just took pictures, watched others on the vertical slide jumping into the pool, look through the museum, did the virtual alpine slide in the museum for $5 and just had a really nice day there.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

fly lessons for the children were amazing great instructors reasonable prices and the kids wanted to go back again and again

Reviewed August 9, 2014

So many times you hear how a city hosts and olympics and so many new structures are wasted or end up deserted. The Olympic Park shows that does not have to be the case. Not only is it used as a training center, it is also a great destination while on vacation. We were in Park City for a baseball tournament and it was a great place to go as a family and as a team. For adults I recommend the Bobsled and extreme zip line. For kids I recommend everything except the bob sled.
Yes it is a little pricey, but in comparison to an amusement park it is a great deal and there are things you can do for free.