“Wonderful and surprising dinner”
Review of SILVER - CLOSED

SILVER
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Heber Avenue
Description: Silver restaurant, bar and lounge on Main Street in Park City, fuses the excitement and experience of a metropolitan lounge with the flair and fine cuisine of a world-class culinary destination. The tasty Modern American cuisine has a French-Italian twist that appeals to all palates. Silver's wine cellar swells with over 3,000 bottles of fine wines and the sophisticated lounge gets lively with a DJ on the weekends.
california
“Wonderful and surprising dinner”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Deep fried brussels sprouts. Alaskan halibut in parchment. Semi freddo with lime cotton candy. No place better in Park City. Recommended by Waldorf Astoria concierge. Great place. Would definitely go back.

finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at SILVER, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
If the pomegranate fried brussel sprouts won't make your night, I don't know what will! Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner - thank you for taking the time to share and for including us in your visit to Park City!

Denver, Colorado
“Very Cool Place”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The cocktails are ramped up recipies from back in the day. I had the Brooklyn, which is a remake of the Manhattan. It's all you expect from a Manhattan but after your first sip, you know it's going to be a tasty evening. It was so hard to choose just one thing for dinner, I chose Risotto with asparagus, peas and it was either edamame or lima beans, I forget. It was delicious, everything aldente and just enough cheese for a thick creamy texture. My mouth is watering now. Dessert was Mango upside down cake with black pepper vanilla ice cream and caramel. Damn good.

Visited August 2012
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at SILVER, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
What a nice review - thank you! Glad you got to enjoy the full experience - from the wonderful artisan cocktails to our housemade icecream. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Salt Lake City
“Could have been great”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Good: The atmosphere was pretty cool, like the location and the feel of the place. The food was really good and well prepared.

Bad: The service was SLOW. Very slow. This service brought evening down significantly for our group. We did more waiting (for everything) than anyone should have to do.

We spent $650 for eight of us, if the service was better and we could have gotten food and drink more promptly we would have spent $1000.

I don't like poor service, so I will never go back, however if you have a few hours to spend and don't mind looking at empty drink glasses, you should give it a try.

• Visited August 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, convenient location and well-prepared food. We sincerely apologize for your wait on the drinks. Our bartenders take great pride in their artisan cocktails, giving each and every drink lots of time and love. That being said, you should never have to sit without a drink, so we will be sure to work on more prompt cocktail service in the future. Thanks for the constructive feedback and we hope to see you back in again soon!
Park City, Utah
“Beautiful experience....BUT”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I really like silver, I was there on their opening weekend and ever since. I have noticed that the service is amazing. Johana (Sorry if i spelt it wrong) is great at running the front of house operation. I really enjoy the drinks that Silver developed and the specials they promote for the locals. The inside of the establishment is beautiful and very relaxing as well. My main complaint is the food. There are a number of items on the menu that should not be there. A while ago I had a Parmasean Fry dish which was bland, Tasteless, and dry. I know I should have said something but then the remainder of the meal started to disapoint as well. I did not want to upset the kitchen and the waiter, by telling them that everything I ordered sucked.

Now that I have said that I want to clarify, that managment has taken this into note, and has tried to revamp their food options. The crab salad for examples, is the best on main. There are a growing number of great dishes on the menu. They are still trying to work out their Mac and Cheese recipe which tastes like a block of chedder in your mouth. My best words of advice are to ask the waiter what they eat on a nightly basis. Once they tell you what is great, don't hesitate to order it. Its what I do, and it has worked ever since.

Visited June 2012
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at SILVER, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thanks so much for the very insightful review! I will definitely send your praises along to Johanna and the servers. I agree with your ordering techniques - our servers are very well versed in the menu, having tasted every dish and gone through very in-depth training on each ingredient and cooking technique used. They should all be able to guide you through the menu so that you get exactly what you're looking for. Glad you love the crab salad - "best on Main" is such a great complement so thank you!
Carefree, Arizona
“elegant and sleek”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

a fabulous place to try, a bit on the expensive side but then again the interior is so fabulous it is not unjustified. the dipping sauce served with the bread is fantastic

Visited July 2012
Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed the ambiance - everything was designed by the Rockwell Group out of NYC. We try our hardest to offer a great price to value ratio considering our high quality ingredients. The dipping sauce is easy for you to make at home! It's fresh chives and grapeseed oil (this is much lighter than an olive oil and blends a lot better) and salt. We use a fleur de sel, but you can substitute a kosher salt to taste. Just blend it all together! We strain ours through a fine mesh chinois, but its fine if you don't. Cheers!