“The best sushi in park city”
Review of Yamato Steakhouse and Sushi - CLOSED

Yamato Steakhouse and Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We are a level locals and know every place in town. We're once upon a time new yorkers and know what we're doing. This is the best sushi place in town, hands down, and no debate. Order the rich, tempura fried rolls . Ask for Elena or James (who's obnoxious, but the best sushi waiter ever). Get the sneak attack, or tiger Lilly (neither of which are on the menu). The sneak attack is the best roll in park city, but can be hot as hell. It lives up to it's name. It is 100% vivid. I hope it helps...

1  Thank UtahBasedTraveller

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Really good rolls. Relaxing atmosphere. Friendly staff. Loved it!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The restaurant atmosphere is clean, comfortable, dim but not dark, and peaceful. Our waiter was so kind and knowledgeable, he helped us pick things we liked from their extensive menu choices (like Chilean Sea Bass- WOW!!), and helped us pair his wines with our courses, (i love this).
The rolls are amazing. He says the Alaskan and the Lunatic rolls were the best, and I liked the Honeymoon roll the best but, they were all so TASTY!
We took our servers suggestion for desert and shared a delicious glass of fruit and tofu desert martini thing. It sounded like I wasn’t going to enjoy it, I’m not much for ordering desert anyway. But OMG I guess I like tofu.
Ooohh Yes, and the chicken. The Teriyaki Chicken should not be forgotten- Really Good.
Now, when my food is gone, and I’m done eating, I HATE waiting for the check! It is the most aggravating thing to me after such a nice meal, and it happens often, but not here. We didn't have to wait for food, or wine, or even to be greeted. The fish was delectable, the service was awesome (thank you James), the atmosphere was comfortable, and the price was unbeatable (half off all sushi rolls) - We totally found our new favorite sushi place last night.
-J&A

1  Thank localconnoisseur
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stopped in for an early dinner last week on vacation (Thanks trip advisor) and per their website half price on sushi deal (!) We were lucky to get a table out back and the waitress (I think her name was Elene..) was Incredibly friendly / helpful / and quick to point out what fish just arrived and what rolls were popular (which to be honest - was great.. not to place a stereotype - but normally wait staff at a sushi restrnt are silent and friendly but just take orders - this was a nice change of pace - or I just got lucky with a good server at a early time). The sushi was out of this world good and even better given the value (1/2 price) - you could tell the chef was inventive - one of the rolls (I believe: The Dragon) had Jalapeno and a sweet sauce - which my Missus (who is a bigger fan than I of sushi) said was maybe the best roll shes ever had. After that the owner even came out and greeted (recognized from picture on website) and came back to give complementary fresh squeezed watermelon juice..! In the end I walked out of there feeling like i somehow won the anniversary dinner treatment and should play the lottery - highly recommend it

Cheers,
J

3  Thank Phlanker555
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I used to work in a Japanese restaurant in Washington DC that catered to the Japanese Embassy so I know good Japanese food. I'm also half Japanese. This place is as good as it gets in terms of food quality. I highly recommend the tebasaki chicken wings, wagyu beef sukiyaki and any of the regular sushi. We have been 3 times in 3 weeks since hearing about their 50% off deals in the summer. Tosh is a great host and has checked on us each time we visited. We are Park City locals and have been to all of the sushi places. There is plenty to eat for the non sushi eater in your group. I can't recommend this place enough. Try it!

2  Thank ParkCitySkiPlaces