“Fabulous views with amazing amenities!” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Centric Park City
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Norman, Oklahoma
“Fabulous views with amazing amenities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This resort was amazing. We stayed in the 3 bedroom suite on the 6th floor. The rooms were great; however, I certainly agree with everyone elses reviews. The lighting in the bedrooms is TERRIBLE. During the day, it's not an issue at all because there are tons of windows with great light. At night, it is so dark in the rooms that you can't distinguish the different items of clothing in your suitcase. That is absolutely the ONLY thing I have negative to say about Escala. Every afternoon when you come in off the lifts you are greeted with warm cookies. We never waited more than 2-3 minutes for the shuttle. The staff was extremely helpful with whatever we needed. There is a front loading washer and dryer in the 3 bedroom suite (don't remember seeing that online) and enough detergent and softner to do a ton of laundry. I found this EXTREMELY helpful. Really lessened the laundry burden when we got home. Overall the experience was amazing. We didn't want to leave. We will definitely go back next year!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Ski in Ski out was easy and a 2 minute walk from Canyons Base. Shame there is no restaurant or bar - that would give a bit more of a personality to the place. Having said that, the apartments are fantastic (a little more light please?). We lacked a few bits of basic crockery but a call to reception rectified this almost immediately. The Ski valet is great and if you are thinking of skiing in Deer Valley (highly recommended) or Park City, they can arrange a taxi for a flat rate of $15. The shop on the ground floor is basic but does do a good coffee (difficult to come by anywhere else other than Deer Valley!!) Would recommend this to anyone coming to the Canyons.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Used Hyatt points, stayed 2 nights in a King room. Interesting that there is no information about the rooms about the hotel or the area. Must be because Hyatt just took over? Not sure how long it will take to get this up and running like a hotel. Ski Valet on sight very nice; outdoor pool area nice; locker rooms nice. Room had poor lighting for reading, as previously noted, hard to control temp with thermostat. Comfy bed and bath. Very close to "Newpark" area just down the road, had nice meals at "Good Thymes". Mountain was nice, not too crowded, a bit too many narrow runs for snowboarders. Posting pics of fitness area; room, since there were not many posted. Enjoy

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy D
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

We were fortunate to get an upgraded room from the front desk and stayed in a 1 bedroom, 2 bath suite with a gorgeous kitchen. The ski in/ ski out location is super! You can rent skis onsite with the ski valet, the gym was very clean and the jacuzzi super after a day of skiing. We loved skiing the Canyons - it's very big with some good terrain. The service was really good at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Hoboken, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

My wife & I just returned from Hyatt Escala Lodge. We loved the place. We are Hyatt Platinum members in their Gold Passport program, and it helped us to get an upgrade to a gorgeous suite - even though were did not pay to stay there, we used out Hyatt points. So, that was a great bonus!!

The room/suite was great. Location is awesome - right there next to the lift to the Canyons resort. Literally ski out about 50ft to the lift. They also provided car service to the very nearby Sundial lodge where you can get dropped off & picked up to go skiing. About a 20 second drive away, but necessary when you are full of ski gear.

I would say everyone was super nice to deal with. But there were some niggling things about the service which made me give 4 stars instead of 5 stars - such as, there was only one robe in the room, we called & asked for a second robe. It was delivered promptly. But the next day when I tried to use it, I realized it was missing the belt to close it. I called down & asked for it - it never came. Next day I asked the housekeeper for a new robe, she said "Right Away" - but it never came. Third day I made it clear to the front desk that I was irritated that I never got one - and it arrived in 5 minutes. It was not really a big deal, but it was just not what I hoped for.

Also, the ski valets seemed overwhelmed. On our last day there, when we tried to hand him our ski/snowboard - he asked if we can take it up to the 2nd floor ski shop/storage facility ourselves since he is swamped. Huh?? Not what you expect to hear.

i know this place only recently opened up as a Hyatt - and I believe that perhaps they are not as fully trained & experienced as they could be, so we were pretty easy going since we had so much fun skiing/snowboarding there.

They do not have a restaurant on site, just a "pantry" store of sorts. We never used it. We had an SUV rented and went into town for dinners. El Chubasco was a great authentic Mexican restaurant hat we really enjoyed. Also, be aware that my GPS that I brought with me is less than a year old, but could not seem to find the Hyatt's address. So, bring their phone number with you to be sure you can contact them in case your GPS does the same. I think it is a very newly developed area. The front desk was able to help me. Also, we had a very good experience at the Canyons Resort spa.

I doubt you would be disappointed if you stayed here!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Prairieville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

This lodge is absolutely gorgeous! It looks exactly like the pictures posted on the website. We stayed in a 3bedroom suite that was very spacious. It had a gourmet kitchen with top of the line appliances, wine cooler, master bath had an oversized jetted tub and separate shower; fireplace in living room and every bedroom, and much more. Only a 35 minute drive from Salt Lake City makes it very convenient. All employees of The Canyons were very friendly. Ski school was great, and highly recommended unless you are beyond beginner stage because these slopes are tough! Now, recommended improvements: The property was just taken over by Hyatt (as opposed to being a property owned by The Canyons) and their employees are still trying to figure out what they are doing, but I must say, when a complaint was brought to management's attention, they were quick to respond. Also, others commented on the lack of lights in the bedrooms which I thought was really picky until I experienced it. It really does need to be improved.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We went skiing with our teenagers for 6 days over the new year. What a great place. Had a few Amex points, so I sprung for the Escala. Can't say enough about how much fun we had. Ski valet a big plus, true ski in/ ski out. Book your skis and lift tickets in advance and you'll save a little money. Short ride from Salt Lake City was great. Had breakfast and lunch in the room, and went out for dinner every night. Free wifi. Free undergound parking. Room service every day. You won't regret this place, but it is pricey. For us, it was probably the time of the year- I am sure it goes down in price after the holidays. Suck it up and go, I'll be back, too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family