Service was great, housekeeping was good. The front desk was nice enough to let us check in early on the first day since we arrived at 9:30am, so we even got an extra half day of skiing in! We tried to ask for late check out, but they said it was not possible because they had so many people checking in. That being said, the entire time we were there it felt like the hotel was not even close to full - we hardly saw anyone in the halls, not even at the ski valet in the morning (we left first thing every morning, the ski lift opens at 8:45 am). We used the hot tub every single day and we only had to share it once with other people.
The room was great - VERY nice, very new and spacious. The bedroom is a little tight but that was no trouble for us. The bathroom is the star, with 2 sinks, a big tub and big shower with excellent shower head and water pressure. But BEWARE of the toiletries (shampoo and conditioner) - they suck! They look really nice in the packaging but work really badly. I used everything I brought and was forced to use the hotel's on the last day. Definitely will bring big bottles of my own stuff next time. Otherwise, the room was excellent, the bed was comfortable although I wish ours had come with a king size instead of a queen. The TV is decent, but the speakers seemed to be blown out or something because it started doing the buzzing thing when it got too loud.
One bad thing that also happened to us - we were in a room on the lift side of the lodge, and we were also kept up late at night with the sound of snow cats outside our window (beeping and engines running). If you stay here, see if you can request the other side of the hotel). Otherwise, it was completely quiet the whole time and we never heard a peep out of our neighboring rooms.
Location and amenities
Escala is ski in/ski out, which is really great. However, like someone before said, it would be nice if the Sunrise lift opened earlier, considering the main lift from the hotel opens at the same time. The shuttle will take you anywhere you need to go, so there's really no need to rent a car. Grocery and liquor store are about 5 min away, and Main Street in Park City is only a 20 min ride (the shuttle makes stops at other lodges along the way so it takes a bit longer than a cab). It never took us long to call the shuttle, we never had to wait longer than 5-10 min. The shuttle to Main Street was very convenient, although it was tight at time with too many people (just on Fri and Sat nights tho).
Best & Least
Best - Ski in/ski out access
Least - noise from the snow groomers at 5 am
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Canyons Village within America's largest ski resort,Park City. True Ski-in / ski-out with dedicated Sunrise Lift. Offering deluxe, one, two, three and four bedroom residences. Complimentary transportation to Historic Main Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Centric Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Escala Lodge At Park City Hotel Park City
- Hyatt Centric Park City Utah