We decided to stay at the Hyatt Escala Lodge for the second year in a row as an anniversary getaway, based on the positive experience we had in 2013, and we were once again very happy with our stay. I reserved the room by phone, and booked a standard king room with a AAA rate. Upon check-in, when I informed the front desk it was our anniversary, the very courteous and pleasant staff immediately upgraded us to a king suite, which was a fantastic room. Full kitchen, big dining room table, full living room with large screen TV and two plush leather couches, large deck, beautiful bedroom, and amazing bathroom with huge jetted tub and separate shower.
The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. We especially liked the plush robes that were provided. We read a couple of reviews indicating that housekeeping is not provided, but that is not true--housekeeping did clean the room and bedding, and we were very pleased with the service.
As a couple of other reviewers mentioned, the pool and hot tub areas can get crowded with kids. The first afternoon we were there it was not an issue, but the second night it was a little annoying with a bunch of little kids who decided to swim (splashing, diving, etc) in the hot tub while their parents did nothing to intervene. But with the large suites it is going to draw more families, so kids are expected--if you want a private, totally exclusive romantic retreat, this may not be the place for you.
As with our previous stay, we found the service to be excellent, especially the front desk staff. They were very responsive upon check-in, answered questions for us, and immediately called someone to light the outdoor fire pit (and loaned us roasting sticks) when we said we wanted to cook some s'mores.
The location is also terrific--you can walk to all of the shops, restaurants, and concerts in the Canyons Ski Resort village, and it is a short drive to grocery stores and Main Street in Park City. If you are into outdoor activities, it is outstanding. Within steps of your room you can ride the ski resort gondola or chairlifts up the mountain, where there is a lake for fishing, hiking, a downhill mountain bike park, and disc golf. There is also a mini golf course in the resort base area.
All in all a terrific hotel which we would definitely stay in again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Canyons Village within America's largest ski resort,Park City. True Ski-in / ski-out with dedicated Sunrise Lift. Offering deluxe, one, two, three and four bedroom residences. Complimentary transportation to Historic Main Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Centric Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Escala Lodge At Park City Hotel Park City
- Hyatt Centric Park City Utah