“Great rooms, even better employees.”

Hyatt Centric Park City
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was here recently for a conference. I'm not a ski person so I would have never stayed here otherwise. It was also my first trip to Park City or even the greater Salt Lake city area. This hotel is one of about 4-5, all part of the Canyons resort. All are near each other and were built about the same time and have similar amenities and layout but are, curiously, technically separate hotels. The location is great, just a short drive or shuttle from both main street in Park City and the stores near the interstate exit. Views vary from room to room but almost every room will have some sort of view. Best views would be higher rooms facing east.

The rooms are spectacular. I was in a king suite that was larger than many city apartments. It had a full kitchen with full size appliances, washer and dryer, a nice large living area with comfy leather couch and gas fireplace. The bedroom was separate and the bath had a whirlpool tub. Plenty of room for storage everywhere. I think every room has a balcony and the windows all open so you can enjoy that fresh and cool mountain air. Parking is valet or self park and is in an underground garage. If you drive a large vehicle it could be tight. The pool is nice and is great for an early morning swim or a late night (before 11) hot tub dip.

Service was outstanding. The physical environment of the hotel is very good but the people who work here are even better. While I didn't have a lot of interaction with folks because of my conference, everyone I did interact with, from front desk to housekeeping, was top notch. the level of service I experienced here was refreshing. Excellent people. I doubt I'll be back to ski or hike or anything but if I ever do end up in Park City again, I'll certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite! Sometimes a little pool noise from courtyard facing rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HyattEscalaPC, Director of Sales at Hyatt Centric Park City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We so enjoyed hosting your conference and getting to know the attendees. Hope you travels will bring you back to enjoy more of the many outdoor actitives available!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Park City is just AMAZING... I can't begin to tell you how much we love the Hyatt Escala in Park City.. We come during the slower season (summer). The service is always on point! It's very close to Main Street where we kicked off The Silly Market! The Resort is near some great shopping (outlet mall) and very close to nature.

Vickie who works at the front desk made sure the process of checking out from my business stay into my vacation stay- well, it was flawless. I believe her words were (I was running late for an appointment to go rafting) "it will all be worked out by the time you get back"... AND it was!
Jason is also at the front desk, I must have called him 10 times during that week asking questions and ordering food. He's very patient.. and always smiling.

Moving on to food.. Travis at the Market Deli, he helped me every morning with my "non-fat Cappuccino" and some sort of local farm fresh eggs and vegetable concoction (naturally I made up as I ordered). Their restaurant serves amazing food that mostly comes locally right there in SLC and PC. Travis was fun to talk to in the morning.. and we celebrated his birthday on my last day there... well, I probably celebrated more than he did.

The rooms are exceptional.. I even got a welcome back note from Claudia the GM of the Hyatt! That's class! I have never seen better. Spacious, comfortable.. fire place, jacuzzi tub, doors that open to a patio set to enjoy the outside. Full Kitchen to entertain (which I did on Friday night!). I spent hours wondering how I could afford to live there!

I love the gym.. I saw an upgrade from the last time I was there. A new room for weight training.. mirror and all. I rotate from steam and sauna every other day. I don't get to use a Steam or Sauna very often, so I take advantage!

I spent one lovely evening around 9pm in the Jacuzzi, it's a big Jacuzzi. Only one night though as I had one in my room as well! That one got used every night!

I was there for about a week..(Westminster golf tourney at Jeremy Ranch) I became sad driving home... I have been coming to this Hyatt for about 4-5 years.. This may be the longest review I've done. I think the reason is because I literally feel like it's my second home (once a year).. I have grown to feel more welcome and at home because of the friendly staff each year.

It's the ONLY place to stay in Park City!

Room Tip: The Kitchens are large! full size fridge.. Everything is included in your kitchen to cook.. except...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank teetimewthcarla
Escala1234, Director of Sales at Hyatt Centric Park City, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

We so appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience! Thank you, look forward to wecloming you back soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great location, very well trained staff. Rooms are awesome, great beds and lines. I can t say enough good about this hotel. I have been here many times in different parts of the year. My favorite place to stay in Park City and a great value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience! We enjoying having you stay with us and look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night scoping out places to stay for a family reunion. This hotel was great! The one bedroom suite was spacious and lovely. Bed was super comfy. The master bath was bigger than my dining room. It had nice appliances in the kitchen. The only downfall was the location. Not a lot of nice scenery to look at. We were there during the mud season so maybe it looks different with snow. Pool area was super small. The prices were great for what you get though. We had just came from Deer Valley, so maybe that ruined us!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

May is always a unique time of the year! Hope you will return and see all the wild flowers on the mountain and how green everything is!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

this is a really nice place to stay. We loved the room with a king size bed on the fireplace. We also loved the friendliness of the staff. The pool was also very nice and we enjoyed that and the hot tubs. It's close enough to Kimball junction and historic Main Street that we were able to do a lot of stuff. It is a beautiful hotel and fun to be up in the mountains. My only wish would be that the fireplace actually produce more flame. It seems like it was turned down so that it only produce the blue flame and I wished it turned up more so I could see orange flame.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Amber C

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We look forward to you next visit! Let us know and we will be sure to have engineering check the fireplace!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had an excellent stay at the Hyatt Escala lodge. We were accommodated in a two bedroom suite which was absolutely amazing. It had four separate deck areas and was practically ski in ski out. The hotel was everything that we had expected and much more! The room was expensive, however it was worth it when staying with my family! The only thing is that this hotel doesn't have an elaborate lobby like many other high end hotels

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 941adams

We may be bias but our accomdations are truly amazing! Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were greeted promptly and they even let us check in early when we called ahead. This way we could enjoy the pool for the afternoon. The rooms are spacious and very clean. We had problems with the dvd and they sent someone up quick to fix it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Please know we do our best to accomodate any requests! Glad we were able to check you in early! See you soon!