“Wonderful staff - great company retreat” 4 of 5 stars

Hyatt Centric Park City
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
SACRAMENTO, CA
“Wonderful staff - great company retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay for a company retreat. It was the beginning of the off season. The front desk staff, Vicki, was so wonderful and cheery. The valet gentlemen were so pleasant. If I was a skier this would be a wonderful place for a winter vacation. The room was more than perfect. Full kitchen, seating area with fireplace and TV. Special bathroom for ADA. Bedroom was fantastic with fireplace and patio. Master bathroom had Jacuzzi tab and walk it shower. Thank you for a very relaxing retreat. And many, many thanks, Vicki, you really made our trip!

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Not a hotel but a timeshare. Service was rather poor, not due to any individual's incompetency but primarily due to lack of employees and the lodge set up. For example, we were sent to a separate building across the property from the check in. There was no ice, and when we called to ask where to get it, they said they'd send some up. 30 minutes or more later it came in a plastic bag tied at the top. Which is great for a bum knee, not so much for drinks.

At the hotel "bar", the bartender was very slow to notice the two of us, even though there we only 2 others in the bar at the time. Eventually, when he looked at us, he came over and explained me that the two single malt scotches I was deciding between were the same price $12, and after serving us and 20 minutes later he brought a bill for $14 and said he made a mistake and the other one would have been cheaper. Oops. That's fine, but surely not professional. That's ok for a local watering hole but not an expensive hyatt hotel. They should have eaten the $2. It's a Hyatt.

Room was 15' x 13' (excluding bathroom) and while it had a fireplace there was almost no space to walk. No way you could stay here for more than a couple of days with someone else. TV was very small and there was almost little to no light in the room. It overlooked the pool which was a favorite of many little kids. The insulation was very poor and we could hear ski boots and kids walking/running around at most hours. The halls were very skinny and felt congested even when empty. The towels were as thin as I'd ever received at a Hyatt or similar hotel. The luxury here is surely fake and I would recommend Hyatt remove their name from the property.

Ski in, ski out was ok but you could not get lift tickets at the resort so you had to go into town and wait in line anyway. That took quite a while (2 hrs) out of our first ski day. After that it was better but you still had to take a small lift up only to ski down to the resort and then up the actual mountain.

When we got home, my fiancé was charged $600 on his credit card. The hotel couldn't find us a receipt or any transaction history on it yet they wouldn't refund us the money. Luckily we use credit cards. It was obviously a mistake so it was easily taken care of by our bank.

Ultimately, this place was just ok. It wasn't luxury. It was ok. It didn't have good service. It was ok. It didn't make me want to go back. It was just ok. Would I recommend you stay away from this Lodge? No. But I would not recommend my friends go there either. It is just an ok choice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thestresser
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had one bedroom suite that looked at ski lift in back. The room was very clean plenty of room for storing extra ski stuff. Had beautiful fireplace and full size washer and dryer. Kitchen had wine cooler, beautiful stove and all the things needed to cook ,eat and drink. Staff very friendly , car and ski valet easy... You just go to second floor click on skis and off to chair lift. That easy... Even if you don't use ski lift the shuttle was very convenient... And in walking distance from hotel to main ski resort entrance. My only complaints would be maybe hire a concierge when it is busy season. The front desk is doing everything .. Plus more blankets... Hotel was sold out and they had trouble finding blankets... That is a hyatt problem..the cleaning lady would only unload half the dishwasher and load more dishes then clean them over again... Not a big deal but I'm on vacation and did not want to unload dishes. I do that at home..... Overall great easy location$$$$you pay but convenience is worth it.

Room Tip: Reserve one facing the mountain...
Green Features: They do not recycle trash in rooms as far as I could tell
Glenview IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Rented a 2 bedroom #447 through VRBO. com. Very nice unit with beautiful decore and kitchen. On 4th floor with 2 balconies overlooking the pool. Worked well for the family. Ski valet with ski-in, ski-out option was great. My 7 year old who is an intermediate skiier was fine going down the 100 ft slope to lift. Pool and hot tub plus workout facilities in great condition and were not crowded in the least.

The only surprising Hyatt issues were 1) had to have keys reset 5 times while we were there and still no one came to fix underlying issue, 2) hot chocolate and cookies were always gone by 3:45pm even when lift stayed open to 4pm (definitely picky on my part but when you pay $500+ my expectations are high), and 3) no good hangout lounge place for cocktails after skiing. Apres restaurant exists but stark and not a comfortable feeling. My recommendation is get rid of some tables and add some leather chairs to relax and create a more cozy environment.

1 Thank familytraveler074
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked the Hyatt in part because it was ski in ski out. When we got ready to ski out the hill was very steep so we lugged our stuff through the lobby and carried it to the first lift. We took the lift to the run that would take us to the main ski area. We were unable to make it down that run and had to walk down the hill. If you can ski blues you can ski in ski out. Otherwise don't stay here on that account? Everything else at the hotel was fine. the staff was very accommodating and the two bedroom condo we had was very nice. The restaurant in the hotel is good . Only other issues were lack of towels and pillows.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KBD87
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was my first visit to ski Utah, after having ski'd every resort in Colorado, Big Sky in Montana, and Whistler/Blackcomb in Vancouver. The location of this property alone was invaluable to me. I was able to ski out directly from the in house rental shop and be on the lift within 5 minutes of leaving my room!

Not only was the location perfect, but the condo type hotel room suite was absolutely stunning! Modern fixtures, lodge style decorating, full kitchen with cooking utensils included, modern washer/dryer and very comfy living room and large bedroom--light switch fireplace in both areas!

The steam room located within the women's locker room near the pool helped me wind down each day and feel refreshed before each evening's activities. It is high-end and very clean/quiet.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Marketplace quick food as well as the tasty in-room dining that I utilized one night for dinner after an exhausting ski day.

The staff throughout the hotel provided above expected service. Everyone accommodated my needs, and went above and beyond expectations while doing so.

I can't wait to be back, and tell others about this great hotel!

Room Tip: The pool/hot tub does have a large handful of children swimming until about 9pm. It didn't bothe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank kris_tcu
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

So let me start by telling you that I messed up my reservations. I booked six nights starting February 8 instead of March 8. I booked it on Priceline.com and it was a pay up front for the entire hotel stay with no cancellations since it was high season. This was the first trip skiing for my 13 year old son and his friend. As you can imagine we were excited to get the 1st ski trip started. The mistake was all mine but I didn't realize it until we showed up on March 8 ready to check in at the front desk. Neil at the front desk calmly got to work to find a solution for us. Within 15 minutes, he and the Rooms Manager, Scott McGowan, had made a reservation for us across the street at the Hilton Garden Vacation Club (the last room available by the way) for that night and had set us up back at Hyatt Escala for the remaining 5 nights. They didn't have to honor the booking since I made the mistake and the terms of the Priceline deal were in BOLD, NO CANCELLATIONS since we were technically a "no-show" back in February. They really came through for us! We couldn't have been happier with the accommodations, the always smiling and friendly staff, the food (boys loved the milkshakes and cookies), and the TRUE ski-in/ski-out from the on premise Aloha ski rentals. Thank you to everyone there for going over and above the call of duty to not only prevent our vacation from becoming a disaster but making it truly memorable!

1 Thank John M