The Escala Lodge is a condo hotel, so there are typically three types of guests: owners, those that rent directly from the owners, and Hyatt customers. We were Hyatt customers.
The lodge is made up of three buildings around a rotunda and is situated off the main base of the Canyons, far enough away to be somewhat private but close enough to walk. It's a fairly new property with some amenities, but it lacks a spa and multiple restaurant options.
The service, though, is what drove me crazy about the property. We arrived at the bell desk at the main building with large bags (ski season...) and got no assistance from bell staff, who were preoccupied with something. So, we drag our own bags into the lobby and check in. I wasn't offered any of the things that come with my Hyatt elite membership.
Our room was in another building, and again, no bell staff so much as looked in our direction, so we dragged our bags across the rotunda to our third floor room.
Our room was part of a larger suite, but sold as a single room (and it did have all the trappings of a single room). For the price, it was very small (~300sqft). Housekeeping was inconsistent, taking used robes and not replacing them.
The on site restaurant (EPC) also provides room service, which for us meant that meals arrived without things that were typically on the table in the restaurant (salt, pepper, butter, etc).
The entire stay was one near miss after another. It wasn't completely terrible, but nothing worked like it should for a property aiming at this category. If you're planning on visiting the Canyons, try the Waldorf or stick to Park City/Deer Valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Canyons Village within America's larges ski resort Park City. True Ski-in / ski-out with dedicated Sunrise Lift. Offering deluxe, one, two, three and four bedroom residences. Complimentary transportation to Historic Main Street, Jan -April ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Centric Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Escala Lodge At Park City Hotel Park City
- Hyatt Centric Park City Utah