“Excellent service, fabulous resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Centric Park City
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, fabulous resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was here for almost a week on a business trip. We completely commandeered the whole place. What really stuck out for me was the complete willingness of Jennifer and her team to undertake whatever was needed by us ( often outside the normal services expected). Great breakfast and lunch ( fresh and healthy). I was lucky enough to share a 3 bedroom suite, it was amazing. Very comfortable beds with fire place in bed room, whioch was nice. Top end with everything you would expected from Hyatt ( but in this case so much more). Personally not a skier but if I was to ever think about such a vacation I would most certainly be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I always know I'm going to have a great time staying at a Hyatt. Helps that I have a Hyatt card that gives me lots of free nights. The staff was very very helpful, the area nice, and literally 10 min to park city.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I am spending Thanksgiving week at the resort and I am enjoying the lavish amenities & great service from the Escala staff. I travel a great deal and it takes a lot to impress me.

We are enjoying a beautiful suite and close proximity to everything Park City had to offer.

The kids even got in some impromptu sledding on the hill adjacent to the hotel. Great fun!

Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The 1 bedroom suite was beautiful. It was quiet and had 3 fireplaces. The gym was okay. The pool is heated. Starbucks coffee to wake up with. Valet was always helpful. Hopefully your lucky enough to get Scott at the front desk as he will take care of you!

• Stayed November 2013
Spanish Fork, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for our anniversary this year. It was beautiful. I loved it. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was big and beautiful as well. However, the shower head was hard to get at the right angle - might have just been the person trying to use it though. :-)

We didn't swim in the pool, even though it looked nice. We opted to stay in the hot tub - which was quite large.

We tried out their "romance package" which provided wine/sparkling cider and strawberries, breakfast in bed and late check-out. The execution of which wasn't great. Knowing that we would be leaving for dinner, we told the front desk to call before bringing up the cider and strawberries - they didn't call - just brought it up as we were heading out the door to go to dinner. Not the end of the world, just annoying as we asked them to call first. Then on to the morning... the room we had = you used your card to get into a common area where there were two doors - two rooms. Well, I'm guessing the room next to us didn't order the romance package with late check out because housekeeping knocked on their door bright and early - and LOUDLY. And then - they knocked on our door. I guess the message didn't trickle down to housekeeping that we were checking out late. And then before my husband could get to the door to tell them so, they opened it and started walking in. I was in bed and my husband was trying to throw some clothes on. Akward. Okay, whatever. We couldn't go back to sleep so we opted to order breakfast. My husband ordered a breakfast burrito which he loved, I tried and loved as well. I ordered oatmeal - not great. And then.... housekeeping knocked again. So much for the "romance package". My husband called the front desk annoyed to tell them what was going on. They were great about it. When checking out the manager took the cost of the "romance package" off of our bill. Really, it sounds terrible, but overall we had a great time. We just won't bother booking the "romance package" again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren C
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Escala, even though is was off-season, but we wanted a relaxing and pampering experience while we were there from 1/2 way across the country for medical reasons.
The hotel was pretty empty but that wasn't a problem. Rooms were nice enough and but rather small for the usual $600 a night during ski season. There wasn't even a chair or sofa to sit on besides the one straight chair at the writing desk which was extra extra tiny. Bathroom was nice but had zero counter space. We were looking for the lobby to register when we first arrived. As a matter of fact, we went in, back out, then in again before we realized we were in the lobby. The check-in desk was small and not always manned. One of the biggest deal's was the single restaurant Menu was very limited and both nights we ate there, they were out of Cheesecake and Fruit Tarts on the Dessert Menu. Food was average. Staff was very helpfull and cheerful all over hotel. Would not stay there during snow season as it is too much money for the amenities available. I would have at least expectd a big huge "real" fireplace int he lobby but instead, it was a gas fireplace putting off minimum heat. It was beautiful because of the outside of the hotel and the surrondings. Inside wasn't anything spectaclular.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's a suite if you want a little more room to stretch out.... if they are even...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BartlettSoccerMom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

When the national parks closed last week, we ended up in Park City, and thanks to this amazing resort,it was the best Plan B ever! We had the most spacious and finely adorned suite I've ever stayed in. The staff was wonderful and the entire property is top-notch. It was a great deal in the off season, but worth whatever the regular price is. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed October 2013