I checked in to this property yesterday. While the facilities are nice, the lack of service and hospitality has been disappointing.
This morning, I stopped by the front desk to ask about suggestions for outdoor activities. The front desk representative then responded, saying there are no outdoor activity options, that they are between winter and summer seasons and everything is closed, that there are no trails for hiking open, and offered no suggestions at all. She also explained that their activity desk is closed for this period, so there isn't a concierge service that provides suggestions. She didn't offer to do any research online or call local activity booking companies. Also, there were no other guests present in the lobby or incoming phone calls, so it appeared that she had plenty of time to offer to look into suggestions.
I then spent ten minutes researching options online. I learned that there are snowshoeing tours available today through All Seasons Adventures company. There is also a nearby Rail Trail that would be good for hiking. She could have suggested other activities, such as perusing the art galleries and shops in downtown Park City, or a guided tour at Utah Olympic Park.
The drip coffee available for purchase in the lobby was very watery. Also, this morning, when I requested over the phone slippers and a sewing kit, I gave them my name and room number. Thirty minutes later, I walked down to the lobby to ask about it. They reviewed the log notes and saw my request, then asked if I was in the room number that had been jotted down, and confirmed that it was the correct room number- no explanation as to why the request wasn't followed up on. At that time, I also spoke with the manager Scott, providing him feedback about my earlier experience this morning asking for outdoor activity suggestions. I also explained I was able to find options (such as the snowshoeing tour) by just taking a little time to do research. He was unapologetic about the lack of help and service. After asking a few times, he agreed to look into options. Later, he called to mention that there is flyfishing available tomorrow morning, no free skating but an evening competitive skating event to spectate, and he recommended the Olympic Park tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Canyons Village within America's larges ski resort Park City. True Ski-in / ski-out with dedicated Sunrise Lift. Offering deluxe, one, two, three and four bedroom residences. Complimentary transportation to Historic Main Street, Jan -April ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Centric Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Escala Lodge At Park City Hotel Park City
- Hyatt Centric Park City Utah