“standard room has quirks” 4 of 5 stars

Hyatt Centric Park City
Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“standard room has quirks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

So, did we really need ten pillows on each bed? And no place to put them or the giant thick bedspread? The room had a kitchenette (microwave, fridge, dishes) but no place at all to sit and eat. One tiny desk with chair. Tiny. So if you cook something for two people, you can sit on the bed with the shiny pillows and eat it.

I stayed here in September when the place was almost empty. The front desk staff was young, and urged me to leave my keys in the car with my luggage while I checked in (this is Park City, what could happen, they said). I stayed using Hyatt loyalty points, and no upgrade was offered. The outdoor hot tub and swimming pool were full of dead and dying bees. The pool had many dead bees on the bottom-- I am allergic and luckily my daughter stopped me just before I got into the pool.

Fun stay, but the standard room design is odd. And there was construction going on. Early morning hammer pounding right below us. Still getting their act together.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank katyzm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Why should my review make a difference? I stay in Utah about 15 times a year for business, 2 times for pleasure. It is the BEST Hyatt out there. Soup to nuts... I have the most wonderful guest experience there. I work in the hotel/resort industry and know what the industry standards should be. This particular Hyatt Escala has all it's ducks in a row and surpasses any hotel/resort standards I've come across. From service to the finest accommodations, it's seriously bar-none! Thank you to the staff.. Valet, and to front desk manager-Jussi Santa (who always makes my stay a pleasure). I would drive to work for an hour each way just to stay there...

Room Tip: They have many different floor plans, ask about which one will suit you best.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here during the second week of December 2010. I have been meaning to write this review but have been so busy; out of site out of mind I suppose. Anyway, on to the review...

We arrived late night around midnight because our flight was delayed and the hotel had everything ready to go when we got there. The staff was very welcoming and very friendly. We were treated with our room key to an absolute massive apartment style complex. We had a massive kitchen with two full bathrooms, two fire places, wrap around balcony, king size bed, washer/dryer. I really fell in love with this place and with Utah during my stay! Although we spent most of our time out of the hotel during the day there was still plenty to do at night. They have a shuttle bus service that goes around the complex and into Park City all for free. There is a 7/11 down the road also if you need anything. The pool/hottub is open late so if you want to go for a late night dip go right ahead. This trip was mostly for relaxation and some skiiing. If you are looking for both then look no further because this is the hotel to go to. We will 100% be going back this winter!

Protip: This hotel favors those who have skiied before, if you are new I would NOT suggest going on any of the trails that this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YankeesFan27
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We took a family vacation over Labor Day to the Canyons Resort and were fortunate enough to stay at the Escala. We had three families with kids and wanted to be as together as possible. The booking staff suggested a three bedroom suite. We have never been so impressed with a hotel room. The accommodations were spacious, beautiful, and top of the line in every aspect. From the bath products, to the kitchen appliances, to the bed linens we were blow away. The pool area was a wonderful setup for both kids and adults, and the access to the summer activities at the Canyons was extremely easy. The service staff was helpful, friendly, and made our stay as effortless as it could be. We will certainly be back especially after the restaurant opens in November of 2011.

Room Tip: Plenty of floor plan options for any size family. Booking staff was very helpful in suggestions.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was recently in Park City for work and stayed at the new Hyatt Escala Lodge located in the Canyons Resort and was extremely delighted by the property, service and location. The Canyons is the closest resort to Salt Lake City, so the drive from the airport took less than 30 minutes. The property has a residential feeling with a welcoming staff and very spacious guestrooms. My room actually had a couple of balconies and a full kitchen! I later learned that Escala is also a condo development and some of the units are still for sale. I would seriously consider buying one - they're ideal for families and can't wait to return with my husband and daughter!

Room Tip: the loft rooms are fun for one or two families traveling together
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I came in town for the weekend and we stayed at the Hyatt and it was absolutely wonderful. The hotel was beautiful and so big. We had a two room suite and accommodated four of us very well.

The service was exceptional and was very helpful when we asked questions. We loved the hotel suite so much that we brought dinner back to the hotel to enjoy.

It was great waking up and spending time out on one of the many balconies enjoying the beautiful scenery around us. Everything about our stay was excellent. I highly recommend staying at the Hyatt Escala Lodge, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: 2 room suite
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

What an exceptional Hotel and incredible Service!! From the moment we drove up to the time we left, nothing but prompt service and a great weekend!! I stayed with 3 of my close friends, one of which flew in from NYC and we thought we would change things up from our usual get-togethers in Park City. Although I live in Park City it was a great way to escape from the day to day tasks and enjoy the company of close friends!

The room was astonishing and so HUGE! 2 bedroom suite, great jetted tub, great living room/dining room to gather, kitchen and 4 private decks with beautiful views of Park City!

I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to be treated like a queen (or King) and enjoy Park City to its fullest!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends