“Friendly and knowledgeable staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trout Bum 2

Trout Bum 2
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Trout Bum 2 is the premier Park City, Utah fly shop & outfitter! Our crew of fly fishing guides are the most experienced, knowledgable and professional guides you will find anywhere. We carry a complete selection of fly fishing gear and equipment from the most proven, well known brands in the industry and we can outfit you with anything you need from tippet and leaders to fly rods and waders. We also offer one of the biggest selections of flies in the state for local, regional and worldwide locations. There is great fly fishing in the Park City area on our local rivers and streams including the Provo River, Weber River, and some other less explored creeks that we would love to show you. In addition, we also have a full staff of guides on the world class Green River, just a few hours away that are ready to show you some amazing drift boat fishing. Round it out with world class trophy trout fishing on the private waters of the LC Ranch and you have a lot of options for fly fishing in Utah. We are your source for everything related to fly fishing in Park City, Utah. Let us show you the phenomenal fly fishing Utah has to offer!
Park City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly and knowledgeable staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

They crew that works here is top notch. I'm one of the few fly fisherladies in town and I have always made a stop at this shop before I head out. They teach me knots, set me up with bugs, and even show me on maps where to go. They are stoked to help and very knowledgeable. 2 thumbs way up.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank MtnLass5B

ct
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great guides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

lots of good experience and scenery................pretty rivers,streams and mountain views

Visited April 2011
1 Thank jeffrey b
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great time with my 9 year old”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

It was so cold, but Aaron, our guide, was prepared with hot soup for little Sean. We froze our butts off, but we had an excellent time and caught tons of trout. I disagree with a previous poster about the attitude of the staff. We are newbies at fly fishing, and the staff made us feel more than comfortable. The trip wasn't cheap, but it's a day I and my son will remember for a long time.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank allergydoctor
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“very good guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Big group with 3 guides this summer. We caught a ton of trout and had a perfect day. First rate operation!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank cac824
Chicago/LA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Everything you need, and need to know is here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I moved to Park City, UT this May. I decided I would become a fly fisherman and called around to a few shops. The first shop I called told me the cheapest outfit (That is, a Rod, Reel and Line) would be around $650!!! OUCH! The second shop tried to sell me a $400 day trip, even though I had never wet a line before!

The third shop, Trout Bum II, was just right. They got me into a good starter combo that didn't break the bank, but was much better than something I expected for the price. They spent around 2 hours showing me everything in the shop and placing it into categories: Nice to have, Must have, Only if you are rich. They then spent time showing me knots, teaching me technique, pointing out a good spot on Google Maps and picking out some flies.

I can't stress enough the level of personal service I have received from these guys over the last few months. They have basically taught me almost everything I know about fishing.

There are usually no more than two people working the shop, and they are ALL GUIDES. This isn't a place where you could walk in and get a job selling gear. If it is busy in the shop, you may not get an immediate hello if they are helping a customer, but if you wait a moment they will spend as much time as you need helping you. I have been there for an hour and bough 2 TWO flies! :)

Can't say enough!