“Could care less about customers”
Review of Jupiter Bowl

Jupiter Bowl
Ranked #98 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2011

What a disappointment...came here on a Thursday early afternoon and was told it would be a 4 hour wait. We were placed on the waiting list and decided to grab some lunch and walk around a bit. Came back after about 3 hours to check in and were told that we lost our place in line because they had called us after about 2 hours and we were not in the bowling alley. Manager said we could only go back to the bottom of the wait list, another 4 hour wait! By then it was past 5pm and my kids were beyond their patience not to mention disappointment.

I guess they have a captive audience and feel no need to make customers feel valued.

1  Thank WestchesterMomof2

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We had dinner there and I had pizza and my husband had a great cheese sandwich and soup. Food was very good. Service was good also, however, it probably wasn't a good time to judge it, as there was only one other couple in the restaurant at the time. Apparently the slow time in Park City. Glad we ate there.

1  Thank Retired11yrs
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Some colleagues & I went to Jupiter Bowl in the evening during a company conference we were attending.

We did have the private room rented (which has four private lanes for bowling and a dedicated waitress) - and I have to tell you it was a blast. The food was great - our group enjoyed everything from white chicken chili to caprese salad... from small pizzas to large salads. The drink menu was varied and reasonably priced.

Definitely a fun night out with coworkers, family, or friends.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

we saw the SYSCO truck pull up. Decor was nice, bowling was fancy with large-screen tv's over the lanes, we've never bowled there. Food was so-so, nothing you couldn't get at a fast food place. But it's all fanci-fied. Even the Park City folks we know won't go there to bowl as it may be the most expensive bowling in the West, at least. The bowlers go to less expensive lanes. So eating there, or having a party there, is not on our list of things to do.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I bought a Groupon to Jupiter Bowl and had a horrible experience. The Groupon included 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental for 6 people, a pizza and pitcher of soft drinks. My husband and I and two other couples made our plans for the evening, we had to travel about 40 minutes to get there. We are not kids, we are three local couples ranging in age from 40 to 60. We called the day before to reserve our lane and were told "reservations are for advance payments only." We pointed out that we had purchased a groupon (paid in full), but were still refused a reservation and told " You'll be fine, you should be able to get a lane right away when you come in." When we got there the next night, we found that there was a 2 1/2 hour wait for a bowling lane. We were not willing to wait that long because it was a week night, so my husband asked to speak with a manager. My husband is a very civil and reasonable person. The manager was completely unsympathetic and became immediately defensive and told us "some of these people have been waiting for 4 hours, do you think it would be fair for me just to put you ahead of them?" My husband said that he didn't want that, but he did feel that he was mislead by the staff on the phone the day before. The manager offered nothing to compensate our inconvenience. My husband then asked if we could get a refund and the manger said we needed to take it up with Groupon. So my husband asked if we could at least get our pizza and soft drinks and was told yes. Then he said, "I just want you to know that we have 6 local people who are disappointed and upset about their experience here, and none of us will come back here or recommend you to our friends. The manager then raised his voice and said "If you are going to be difficult and make threats at me, then I will not serve you." He then told us to leave and to contact Groupon.

Needless to say, we will not return to Jupiter Bowl and highly discourage patronage of a business that conducts itself in this manner. They need to change their reservation policy and their attitude toward customers. Obviously and curiously, there are plenty of people out there willing to wait 4 hours for a bowling lane, but I have better things to do.

1  Thank rustictravelertasha