“Great Day Fly Fishing with Justin” 5 of 5 bubbles

Utah Pro Fly Fishing Tours
Ranked #3 of 35 Tours in Park City
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great Day Fly Fishing with Justin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was our first time to Utah and our first time fly fishing! Mother Nature provided the beautiful scenery and Justin provided the rest. From the waders and other necessary equipment, Justin had a perfect day lined up for us! He was patient is his teaching style and quick to answer our questions! We hit the water and the fish were happy to see us! When others around us were not catching fish, we were constant in our catches! We ate lunch along the river and took a break from all the activity! After lunch we hit a different spot and we able to try new techniques with different rods! He was able to work with each of us on our own level...making us feel like pros by the end of the day! If you have free time while you are in the area, don't miss an opportunity to fly fish with Justin!

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Incredible experience and first class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

When traveling to a new city, I always look for the best ways to explore the great outdoors. What better way to experience in Utah than flyfishing? Nothing beats it. I had been flyfishing without coaching a couple of times prior to this trip, but I would by no means say I was experienced. But, Justin, founder and guide for Utah Pro flyfishing, made me feel like a natural. He showed me the technique and constantly encouraged me and applauded my "skills." I caught a few fish and lost a few due to my own clumsiness. But even if I had not caught anything, the beauty of the scenery, the lessons on technique I received and the instant friendship I gained was worth every penny. I could not have asked for a better welcome to Utah for the first time.
I cannot go without adding why I say I received first class service. I was only traveling to Utah for a conference for two days. I did not have a car and had not planned to rent one. Upon scheduling the flyfishing trip, Justin offered to pick me up from the airport in the official UTFF vehicle, take me to the Provo River for a half day fishing trip, and drop me at the hotel I was staying at in time for an event I needed to attend. I arrived in SLC at noon, so Justin also provided lunch which we enjoyed while in the midst of the beauty of the Provo river and surrounding mountains. I think it goes without saying, but I would 100% recommend UTFF to anyone looking for a flyfishing experience in SLC, Park City and surrounding areas!

Visited May 2014
Temecula, California
“Great first fly fishing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a great first fly fishing experience with Justin. From the beginning to the end, our trip was awesome. Starting with our first email inquiry, Justin was quick to respond and answered all our questions. He picked us up at our hotel on time and provided us with everything we needed for our fishing excursion. He asked us what we wanted to get out of our trip and thoroughly exceeded it. We spent over four hours on the Provo River and had an incredible day catching over 15 fish! We learned basic fly fishing techniques that we can improve upon, we are definitely hooked! Thank you Justin for the fun time, friendship and introducing us to a sport we'll enjoy for a lifetime. It was the highlight of our trip to Park City.

Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Kamas, Utah
“My First Fish in Three Years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I fish a lot with no guide, but I have not caught anything for three years, so when my neighbor, Justin, asked if I would like to go fishing, I was really excited. When we first got to the river, we went to the Middle Provo, in a place with a lot of fish. For the first 30 minutes, I did not catch anything. I got a couple of really big bites, and on two different occasions a fish took two of my flies. As I casted out, I thought, "This is going to be it, I'm going to catch a fish.", and right than, a fish bit my fly and I set the hook. As I reeled it in, I was so excited. My first fish in three years (and my first fish caught while fly fishing) was a 14 in brown trout. I was so happy. My second fish of the day was a 10 in rainbow trout. This catch was really exciting because there are barely any rainbows in the Middle Provo. We fished a while more in that spot, but we didn't catch anything, so we moved on to a more secluded part of the Provo. In this spot, I caught a tiny brown and almost caught a large fish, but my fly got stuck on a log. Justin had all the equipment waiting, he had snacks, drinks, and I had the most fun I've had in years. Justin never got angry or impatient. If you are visiting Utah or you just want to have a great time, I recommend Utah Pro Fly Fishing. You will not regret it!

Akron, Ohio
“A Fly Fishing Trip to Remember!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

What a fun time we had. From the time I arrived in the area my daughter kept telling me about Utah Pro Fly Fishing and Justin. After a few weeks I decided it was time to meet Justin and go fly fishing. The day started with Justin picking me and my grandson up for a ride to Provo River. He arrived with all the equipment we needed for fishing plus snacks and drinks for everyone. It was a great experience, we both learned so much about fly fishing from a very patient and knowledgeable teacher, Justin. When we caught our first fish` he took pictures and sent them to my wife and daughter. They were trilled and so were we. The whole day was very memorable. Thanks for the great time and for sharing all your knowledge of this sport.