“My First Fish in Three Years.”

Utah Pro Fly Fishing Tours
Ranked #3 of 38 Tours in Park City
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I fish a lot with no guide, but I have not caught anything for three years, so when my neighbor, Justin, asked if I would like to go fishing, I was really excited. When we first got to the river, we went to the Middle Provo, in a place with a lot of fish. For the first 30 minutes, I did not catch anything. I got a couple of really big bites, and on two different occasions a fish took two of my flies. As I casted out, I thought, "This is going to be it, I'm going to catch a fish.", and right than, a fish bit my fly and I set the hook. As I reeled it in, I was so excited. My first fish in three years (and my first fish caught while fly fishing) was a 14 in brown trout. I was so happy. My second fish of the day was a 10 in rainbow trout. This catch was really exciting because there are barely any rainbows in the Middle Provo. We fished a while more in that spot, but we didn't catch anything, so we moved on to a more secluded part of the Provo. In this spot, I caught a tiny brown and almost caught a large fish, but my fly got stuck on a log. Justin had all the equipment waiting, he had snacks, drinks, and I had the most fun I've had in years. Justin never got angry or impatient. If you are visiting Utah or you just want to have a great time, I recommend Utah Pro Fly Fishing. You will not regret it!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

What a fun time we had. From the time I arrived in the area my daughter kept telling me about Utah Pro Fly Fishing and Justin. After a few weeks I decided it was time to meet Justin and go fly fishing. The day started with Justin picking me and my grandson up for a ride to Provo River. He arrived with all the equipment we needed for fishing plus snacks and drinks for everyone. It was a great experience, we both learned so much about fly fishing from a very patient and knowledgeable teacher, Justin. When we caught our first fish` he took pictures and sent them to my wife and daughter. They were trilled and so were we. The whole day was very memorable. Thanks for the great time and for sharing all your knowledge of this sport.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have to tell you that my father was very reluctant to go fly fishing with my son. I called and spoke to Justin who assured me they would have a great time and catch fish. My father had only been fly fishing once here in Utah (he lives in Ohio) and it was not a great experience-DIFFERENT GUIDE CO. This was a great day for both of them. They came back grinning ear to ear with many fish stories. Justin was wonderful! He took them to a great spot and help my dad (77 years old) so that this was an experience that they will never forget. Justin even took pictures to document the fish stories. I would recommend this company for anyone looking to get outdoor and make memories. Thank you Justin for making this day so special!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had never fly fished, much less fished, period. And I could not have asked for a better person to guide me through the practical parts of the art of fly fishing. Justin was incredibly hands-on, patient and supportive throughout the day. He seemed to know every angle on how to find a spot where there would be fish to catch, when to go where in the water, how to position yourself, when to adjust weights and fly. I feel like I was with an expert. Thank you, Justin. And to anyone even considering doing a day with a guide (and I'd imagine this would apply to a more seasoned fisherman than myself as well), do it with Utah Pro. They will raise you to a higher level. Of course, for me, that wasn't that high because I was a blank slate. But after a single day, I felt like I could go out and do it again, alone maybe, and catch something. That's high praise.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Was looking for other guide options while in Park City and came across Justin's company, Utah Pro Fly Fishing. He seemed like a very knowledgable and friendly guy so my friend and I set up a trip for the next day.

Justin took us to great spot on the lower Provo and even with our different skill levels we both caught a lot of fish.

I was so impressed (and really wanted to fish more) that I called him back the following day to set up another trip. This time my wife and kids tagged along to sit on the shore and watch for a few hours. He wasn't phased by this at all and had some great family friendly spots that were still far enough away from it all but accessible for 2 toddlers. When I hooked my first fish he let my daughter help reel it in. She was thrilled.

Justin's friendly and positive attitude made for a really great guide experience. I will definitely be using Justin from now on when I go to Park City.

Thanks Justin!